Comment on the Equipe accusation

Old August 27th 05, 12:06 PM

Default Comment on the Equipe accusation

I have read some comment in this NG and I have the very impression that few
read the l'Equipe's text.

Yes ? No ?

I was answering to someone when I noted it.

First important point : There is on page 3 of l'Equipe, the following text :
" Néanmoins, les six échantillons B appartenant à Armstrong et présentant
des traces d'EPO ne sont pas épuisés. Certains contiennent encore
suffisamment de
matrice urinaire pour se prêter à une nouvelle analyse de détection de cette
hormone, qui nécessite, rappelons le, 20 ml d'urine, voire pour, via une
analyse ADN, assurer leur appartenance au citoyen américain si celui-ci
tentait de contester ce fait."
In my poor translation : "Nevertheless, the six samples B belonging to
Armstrong and bringing traces of EPO are not run out. Some still hold
sufficient quantity of urinary matrix for to permit a new analysis and
detection of this hormone, which requires, we remember it, 20 ml of
urine, even for, by way os an DNA analysis, to ensure they belong to the
American citizen if this one tried to dispute the facts."It explain why
Lance Armstrong seems to be very unconfident to process l'Equipe ( or the
Lab, or Leblanc, or .....the French)He said "Lawsuits are costly and time
consuming and in the end if you sue somebody it just keeps the story alive
forever. etc.." Second point. Some still believe in the possibility of the
EPO traces to come from the medical cancer treatment when, according his own
confession, he took EPO.

Yes I know he said sometime he never did, but it is cristal clear in his
book

According the Equipe the stage where the EPO was detected were the following
:

(With the positive level of EPO)

Stage Prologue July 3 - Puy du Fou (positive level 100) - Yellow
Stage 1 July 4 - Challans (Positive level 89.7)
Stage 9 July 13 - Sestrieres (Positive level 96.6)
Stage 10 July 14 - Alpe d'Huez (Positive level 88.7)
Stage 12 July 16 - Saint Flour ( Positive level 95.2 )
Stage 14 July 18 - Saint Gaudens (Positive level 89.4)

In short, it is clear that :

1 ) He took EPO for the prologue and stage 1
2) Then for stage 9 and 10 (Alpes)
3) Then for stage 12 and following (Pyrennees)

Old August 27th 05, 12:22 PM

The best way to solve this controversy would be request indepent lab
test for both EPO and a DNA test as well. Now I am not sure how to
detect contamination. But it seems plausible since EPO would have to be
introduced directly into Lances sample. Otherwise contaminated trace
DNA samples would show up. This assumes that the samples are from a
blood test. It's probably not possible to test urine for DNA....??

Old August 27th 05, 01:32 PM
DepartFictif

who cares? why would you do a DNA test, it wasn't a dope test, it was
medical research... NOTHING should come of this except for maybe better
testing methods for the future. End of story.

Old August 27th 05, 01:34 PM
DepartFictif

besides.. using the same sample to do a B test is insane.. if it has
been tampered with, then what the **** is the point of having an A and
B test? It isn't only against possible errors by the lab that there
are A and B test, but also due to mix-ups, sabotage etc etc.. how on
earth can you claim that you can use the same sample to do both and A
and B test!!! (it's not a question)

Old August 27th 05, 02:29 PM
Perry

Some pro-Lance posters maintain that, yes, he could have been 'cured'
of testicular cancer with chemo because this type of cancer is
'primitive' and very 'susceptible to chemotherapy.'

THE POINT IS, however, Lance the spinmeister sez his cancer had spread
to his lungs and brain(!) THESE types of metastatic malignancies ARE
NOT 'primitive' and are not easily cured by chemo.

THIS IS THE POINT most doubters make.
And to date, no credible individual 'cured case' has come forward to
offer his- or herself as a parallel to Armstrong's claims.

Old August 27th 05, 04:11 PM
DepartFictif

If according the result of the Lab he used EPO, no doubt about it : he
is a
liar and a dishonest.

No he's not! He's a bike racer... you gonna tell me the guys behind him
didn't? No, that's not the issue, the issue is one of dope test vs
medical researche

Old August 27th 05, 04:32 PM
amit

Montesquiou wrote:

If according the result of the Lab he used EPO, no doubt about it : he is a
liar and a dishonest.

One can't say with certainty that he used EPO because the protocols
weren't or can't be followed.

That's the ****ing point.

-Amit