Braking "quality" of the Cane Creek 200SL calipers??

Old July 5th 04, 02:10 AM
Saltytri

Default Braking "quality" of the Cane Creek 200SL calipers??

I use them with Record levers. They also work fine with DA. I can lock the
rear wheel, so the braking power is adequate but I weigh abt 140 lbs, so YMMV.
They do not feel as positive is DA calipers but, if it's light that you want,
they are certainly lighter than the Big Brands. I replaced the std pads with
black Kool Stops, which seem to work better on my rims.
Old July 5th 04, 04:28 AM
Steve Knight

from a fair amount of feedback I found veloce or the sep above campy brakes are
about the most powerful out there. far better then my shimano brakes.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old July 5th 04, 02:07 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

dsmith- Are these worth looking at?
Do the dual pivot systems work that much better or are these good?
Will they work with any Ergo/Sti levers or are there issues I should know
about? BRBR

They are light but really poor stopping power. i would ook at Chorus or Records
calipers for a light weight but effective brakeset.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302