Generation doesn't matter?

Old August 3rd 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Generation doesn't matter?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g07/aug03news2

Quoted:

Merckx was himself at the centre of controversy when he was forced to
leave the 1969 Giro d'Italia based on a doping-related incident,
however, he always maintained he was a victim of an error or a
conspiracy. "It was based on a medicine that was not forbidden. They
never did a counter-analysis. The stage in question was insignificant.
Further, the private analysis, done right after the positive result,
came out negative. ... Everyone is able to make a mistake, even the
judicial authority."

Doesn't this sound EXACTLY like what we are hearing from the riders
today?
Step up to the plate Brian this is about as batting practice as it
gets on someone other than Lance and Disco.
Bill C

Old August 6th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 3, 3:04 pm, Bill C wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g07/aug03news2

Quoted:

Merckx was himself at the centre of controversy when he was forced to
leave the 1969 Giro d'Italia based on a doping-related incident,
however, he always maintained he was a victim of an error or a
conspiracy. "It was based on a medicine that was not forbidden. They
never did a counter-analysis. The stage in question was insignificant.
Further, the private analysis, done right after the positive result,
came out negative. ... Everyone is able to make a mistake, even the
judicial authority."

Doesn't this sound EXACTLY like what we are hearing from the riders
today?
Step up to the plate Brian this is about as batting practice as it
gets on someone other than Lance and Disco.

Strange that Eddy has ALWAYS mnaintained that he was framed in his
doping positives. And he has always been angry about it as well. And,
forgive me at my age my memory fails sometimes, wasn't this the SAME
Eddy Merckx who was attacked on the race courses more than once by
people who hated his winning abilities enough to physically attack
him? Somehow I don't find it such a long shot that he was framed for
doping as well.

Old August 6th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Aug 6, 9:53 am, wrote:
On Aug 3, 3:04 pm, Bill C wrote:

[...]

doping as well.- Hide quoted text -

It's definitely possible, but it sounds exactly like what riders are
saying today, and what Lance would've been saying if he'd tested
positive. Isn't doing any of them any good.
It also goes to show how long the whole system has been totally
snafued.
I'd guess that it would've been even easier to sabotage a rider back
then because there was less awareness, but it seems that it would
still be pretty easy to do to lots of teams. I do remember reading
stories about how carefully Disco controlled everything that Lance
got, especially in the last few years. That should be standard
procedure today.
It's not like it's unheard of for bookies and organized crime to
"fix" things to their advantage. I'm still pretty sure that most of
the positives are due to stupidity, or mistakes in the athletes doping
proccess though.
Bill C

My Generation Barty Australia 0 May 20th 07 05:59 AM
Just tested my 2nd generation GUNI hub! David_Stone Unicycling 1 March 31st 06 02:47 AM
FA-Last generation Mavic pedals Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Marketplace 0 February 23rd 06 02:13 PM
Next Generation KH20's TheBadger587 Unicycling 11 December 9th 04 09:40 PM
New generation batteryless safety lights iwico Australia 3 September 22nd 04 08:19 AM