Knee surgery from CMW

Old December 9th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

Default Knee surgery from CMW

My knee has been really sore since CMW, turns out I have a meniscus tear
and MCL damage. Surgeon says it is piece-o-cake surgery and I'll be
able to ride like KH with in a month! Going under the arthtoscope on
Friday so I'd appreciate good Uni vibes comin' my way.

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Old December 9th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Munivision;1146548 wrote:
My knee has been really sore since CMW, turns out I have a meniscus tear
and MCL damage. Surgeon says it is piece-o-cake surgery and I'll be
able to ride like KH with in a month! Going under the arthtoscope on
Friday so I'd appreciate good Uni vibes comin' my way.

Ride like KH? KH isn't able to ride with his ACL tear. Best wishes to
both of you in recovery. Be sure to do the physical therapy; knees are
finicky things.

--
tholub
Old December 9th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

Munivision;1146548 wrote:
My knee has been really sore since CMW, turns out I have a meniscus tear
and MCL damage. Surgeon says it is piece-o-cake surgery and I'll be
able to ride like KH with in a month! Going under the arthtoscope on
Friday so I'd appreciate good Uni vibes comin' my way.

If I'd known that that's all it took to ride like KH I would have
screwed my knee up long ago.

Best of luck in your surgery.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Old December 9th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Harley;1146564 wrote:
If I'd known that that's all it took to ride like KH I would have
screwed my knee up long ago.

I think he meant *K*atheryn *H*epburn! Get better old man!

30000

|Filename: katy.jpg |

MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 9th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Hey,

Up here in Vancouver we're a bit of a mess right now! Frank just got
an MCL tear, Jon has an ACL tear, James has a messed up ankle, and I had
a minor orthoscopy 2 weeks ago.

Based on the orthoscopy, the surgeon says my prognosis is good. The
original ACL surgery and meniscus repair have healed and the meniscus is
in good shape. The 2nd surgery removed roughness on the bone cartilage
that has been bothering me, and it now feels a lot better. The ongoing
work is to be really diligent about exercises and strengthing the
supportive muscles. So it seems like it is going to get better,
finally. Injuries are a lot of work!

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 9th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Good luck Jim! I plan to ride lots with you when I return in a month or
two...

Chiana says to drink a dren load of raslak to help ease the pain.
Sending lots of good ju ju your way.

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old December 9th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

I keep telling everyone how safe Muni is, but I'm starting to wonder.
You know I was kidding about riding like KH!! He could ride better than
me with one leg.

Old December 9th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

danger_uni;1146584 wrote:
Hey,

Up here in Vancouver we're a bit of a mess right now! Frank just got
an MCL tear, Jon has an ACL tear, James has a messed up ankle, and I had
a minor orthoscopy 2 weeks ago.

Based on the orthoscopy, the surgeon says my prognosis is good. The
original ACL surgery and meniscus repair have healed and the meniscus is
in good shape. The 2nd surgery removed roughness on the bone cartilage
that has been bothering me, and it now feels a lot better. The ongoing
work is to be really diligent about exercises and strengthing the
supportive muscles. So it seems like it is going to get better,
finally. Injuries are a lot of work!

Kris

Do you expect to be back riding full out as usual, or do you plan on
taking things a little easier from this point on?

Old December 10th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Good question. I hope so. Ultimately I am not too concerned. As
long as I can do all day all-mountain type rides, and keep doing that
for the next 40 years, I will be happy!

--
danger_uni
Old December 10th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

danger_uni;1146628 wrote:
Good question. I hope so. Ultimately I am not too concerned. As
long as I can do all day all-mountain type rides, and keep doing that
for the next 40 years, I will be happy!

I'll buy that! You'd only be 75 by then; I'd be nearly 93! I guess
I'll just have to compress those same 40 years of riding into a nice
compact 22.9 years instead! Shouldn't be too much of a problem, since
I've probably done at least 10 years worth in just the last 3 and
change!

Toe surgery... UniDudeDX Unicycling 67 March 23rd 08 12:09 AM
Bicycling and arthroscopic knee surgery [email protected] General 10 November 15th 05 05:15 PM
FS: Federal ACL knee gasket knee pads, new, medium Todd Marketplace 0 February 8th 05 04:29 AM
OT Eye surgery Stan Cox UK 23 August 28th 04 11:29 AM
Knee surgery progress report jpcycler Unicycling 35 January 19th 04 02:28 PM