Trike Drafting Technique

Old January 22nd 05, 05:01 AM
Dr. Zook

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Zach wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

wrote:

Here is a picture of the proper drafting technique to use while

riding

a recumbent trike.

Wow, Tom, someone really set you up here.

As someone else pointed out, if you enter the URL that you gave

into

Internet Explorer, you really do get the cat being persued by the
trike.

That was a nasty trick to play on you.

When I go to Google Groups and click on the link in the message I
posted, I get a picture that shows the right front quarter of a

trike,

the lower leg of a cyclist, and a yellow-brown felis sylvestris catus

slightly ahead and to the right of the trike. When I click on the

"link"

icon on the opening page, I get to the same picture. This is the

picture

I intended to link to.

Here is the direct URL for the picture in question:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/pics/docs/04/430/large/trainingwithbrowncat.jpg?v=12g.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

When I clicked on both the snipurl.com link you first posted and the
crazyguyonabike.com link you posted above I saw an image of a man
sticking his fingers into his rectum. I am using a Mozilla browser.

When I click on the link I posted I still get the picture of the cat from
the trike rider's perspective. Floyd (the world's slowest trike rider),
Mark Leuck, "Bwian", and Limey Lewis (from his browser) all saw the
picture of the trike and cat. Perry Butler, Zach and Limey Lewis (from
Google) saw a picture of a nude man performing acts that some might
consider immoral.

Something odd is going on here - could the host server have been hacked?
Here is the main link to the photo journal by Heidi Domeisen about riding
a trike to Alaska and back:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/journal/?handle=heidi.

I trust the statements of Lewis and Zach (assuming it is actually them and
not someone spoofing their identities). That leaves the question of who
would have both the ability and motive to substitute a picture that most
would find offensive in place of one that most would find either cute or
innocuous.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

It might be someone who spends a great deal of time staring into the
emitter end of a laser transit perhaps pondering the nature of the universe,
and otherwise has too much time on his hands?

Dr. A. Zook

Old January 22nd 05, 05:01 AM
Tom Sherman

Tom Sherman wrote:

wrote:

Tom,

It's easy to see the web sites you spend your time on or was this a
personal picture?

One more piece of evidence!

The website in question is an account of riding a trike [1] to Alaska

and back. Therefore the site is of general recumbent, trike, and

cycle

touring interests.

An interest in cats is entirely healthy behavior - people who dislike

cats are mentally defective.

The website and picture are obviously not mine.

Mr. Butler's continuing insinuations of homosexual preferences in

others

are not clever, nor are they accurate. They do indicate that Mr.

Butler

either has a childish mentality, or some serious psychological issues

that need attention. [Yawn]

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy

I think a vast majority of people would agreee that the person who
posted the link to that picture has "some serious psychological issues
that need attention." You posted the picture! I didn't!

So Mr. Butler, do you still maintain that posting a picture of a cat
taken from the perspective of a trike rider indicates serious
psychological issues?

Since Mr. Butler likes to throw out unfounded accusations, I shall
return the favor. One can only wonder if he was the instigator in
replacing a cute picture of a cat with one of a naked man performing an
act generally considered distasteful to obscene? He certainly had the
motive, based on the evidence of his past posts.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Old January 22nd 05, 05:33 AM
Edward Dolan

"Al Luminium" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

[...]
I trust the statements of Lewis and Zach (assuming it is actually them
and not someone spoofing their identities). That leaves the question of
who would have both the ability and motive to substitute a picture that
most would find offensive in place of one that most would find either
cute or innocuous.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Wow, that's quite a hack. One pic is a little furry pussy running away
from somone on a trike, and over at google there's a picture of Fabby
after a hard day on the ass hatchet. Or maybe it's that nut job from
Minnysoda doing an extreme moon. C'mon Dolan, fess up. Is that you? What
an ugly ass.

Al, I strongly suspect that it is your ass that is on display. I myself
would not even know how to go about doing any such thing on the web as I am
a total ignoramus when it comes to all this computer crap. Hells Bells! I
just got a computer a couple of years ago. However, Perry Butler knows about
stuff like this as he is a computer instructor.

If others of you could see how little I know about computers, you would be
amazed. I only learn what I have to learn in order to do certain things.
Other than that, I have very little interest in the Internet. I will go to
my grave forever ignorant of most things having to do with the computer and
the Internet.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old January 22nd 05, 01:12 PM

When I go to Google Groups and click on the link in the message I
posted, I get a picture that shows the right front quarter of a trike,
SNIP

Hi, Tom, someone if definitely manipulating you here.

Yesterday that short URL took me to a distasteful picture when I
clicked on it in your message but, when I copied it and pasted it into
a new browser window it took me to the _proper_ picture.

Today that same short URL is taking me to the _proper_ picture.

It appears that someone is trying to make you look like a 'prevert' one
day and an idiot the next.

You and I have engaged in some bantering over a period of several years
and I am completely convinced, not only by this but from how you
respond to other people that, other than a 'wise' mouth on some
occasions :-) that you are a decent and upstanding person.

It really disappoints me to see you being maligned in this manner.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

PS BTW, I'm pretty sure that Perry Butler is a Lady. At least there
was a Lady named Perry Butler who posted regularly several years ago.
********

Old January 22nd 05, 02:53 PM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Under normal circumstances I do not throw out accusations without
evidence, but turnabout is fair play, after all.

A certain person has been posting to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent that I
am homosexual, but that person's contentions have no basis in fact.

What would be a better way for that person to make his case than to
replace a linked picture of recumbent cycling activity with one that
would be typically be found on a site containing sexually explicit
material of interest to male homosexuals?

Maybe Ed Dolan is on to something here?

Whoever did it is obviously a coward who is afraid to settle disputes
the proper way – public discussion on the group using his/her real name.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Old January 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

When I go to Google Groups and click on the link in the message I
posted, I get a picture that shows the right front quarter of a trike,
SNIP

Hi, Tom, someone if definitely manipulating you here.

Yesterday that short URL took me to a distasteful picture when I
clicked on it in your message but, when I copied it and pasted it into
a new browser window it took me to the _proper_ picture.

Today that same short URL is taking me to the _proper_ picture.

It appears that someone is trying to make you look like a 'prevert' one
day and an idiot the next.

I see that expatriate Englishman Lewis has lived long enough in the (US)
South to learn the misspelling/mispronunciation of "pervert".

It should be noted that Mark Leuck thought that Perry Butler was acting
like a lunatic for inferring all sorts of things from a picture of a trike
and a small cat.

You and I have engaged in some bantering over a period of several years
and I am completely convinced, not only by this but from how you
respond to other people that, other than a 'wise' mouth on some
occasions :-) that you are a decent and upstanding person.

It really disappoints me to see you being maligned in this manner.

Kind regards.

Thank You.

Tom, it goes without saying that you are highly regarded on this newsgroup
and no one would ever think any such thing about you. Perish the thought and
do not give it any more heed.

I get to know people by what they say in their posts and I think I know you
rather well by now. I would trust my life to you if need be. All our
disagreements are just fun and games and I know that is how you see it too.
The more I get to know you, the more I admire you. As I have said many times
before, you are yin to my yang. ARBR would be dead without you.

Your ultimate essence is that of a gentleman, the quality I admire most in
my fellow human beings.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 23rd 05, 02:42 PM
Perry Butler

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

I trust the statements of Lewis and Zach (assuming it is actually them and
not someone spoofing their identities). That leaves the question of who
would have both the ability and motive to substitute a picture that most
would find offensive in place of one that most would find either cute or
innocuous.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy

Look at your response to my original response. If you only knew it was just
a picture of a man on a trike taking a picture of a cat on the side of the
road there would be no reason for you going ballistic in your response to
me. Your responses are getting more like Ed's every day.

Let's face it, the reason you posted the link to these pictures is you knew
every so often it would take you to the picture of your buddy Ed.
Apparently you find this cute! Although my guess is you enjoyed the picture
of Ed!

Tommy, you obviously don't know what Usenet is for!

Tommy, you obviously don't know what ARBR is for!

A 30 year old man who spends this much time on Usenet really should get a
life or perhaps find his life!

Enjoy,

Perry B