River!

Old December 8th 19, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default River!

Whoops. I accidentally drove through a 3 foot deep river which had flooded across the road. It didn't look that deep! It only came halfway up the ducks! I managed to make a bowwave and followed it, then flagged down a van going the other way and said, "I wouldn't if I were you".

Cars are so wimpy, I could have cycled through that easily.
Old December 8th 19, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 7:03:49 PM UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Whoops. I accidentally drove through a 3 foot deep river which had flooded across the road. It didn't look that deep! It only came halfway up the ducks! I managed to make a bowwave and followed it, then flagged down a van going the other way and said, "I wouldn't if I were you".

Cars are so wimpy, I could have cycled through that easily.

You should have walked through it first.
Old December 8th 19, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_4_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 12:36:01 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason, a typical, braindead,
troll-feeding senile idiot blathered:

You should have walked through it first.

Like you walked in the attention-starved troll's latest trap, troll-feeding
senile idiot?

Old December 8th 19, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 20:36:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 7:03:49 PM UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Whoops. I accidentally drove through a 3 foot deep river which had flooded across the road. It didn't look that deep! It only came halfway up the ducks! I managed to make a bowwave and followed it, then flagged down a van going the other way and said, "I wouldn't if I were you".

Cars are so wimpy, I could have cycled through that easily.

You should have walked through it first.

Since a nearby road always has "road closed" when it's deep, on a permanent fold down sign, I assumed others would too. Somebody told me they do usually put up a temporary sign, I guess his time they forgot.

There's something wrong with car design when a person could wade through deeper water than a car. In fact pretty much everything made by humans can't handle water.
Old December 8th 19, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_4_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 13:48:16 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

I came upon a ford on the North Yorkshire Moors, got out of the car and
with a long stick, tested the water. Since it was only six inches deep,
it was safe to drive across.

Good that you found a retarded troll who you could tell about it, eh, senile
asshole? BG

Old December 8th 19, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 21:48:16 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

I incorrectly assumed it couldn't be that deep because:
1) I thought the road was quite flat there.
2) There was no warning sign like the neighbouring floodable road.
3) I'd just passed someone coming the other way. Perhaps they'd turned back! They could have told me!

If I was in charge of the roads there, I'd put some kind of depth guage at the deepest part. And no, not, "This road is impassable if this sign is underwater"!
Old December 10th 19, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

[...]

A friend told me electric cars die in anything over 3 inches of water (according to a manual he read on one). I thought that would be absurd, to have a 3 inch limit as people must encounter puddles deeper than that every day, so I looked it up. According to this video of a Renault (worst company for anything electrical) Zoe, they're BETTER than petrol cars for surviving water. For example the 400 volt battery is sealed for safety to stop it electrocuting fish, dogs, people if they wade through water next to it. https://youtu.be/ixXF72HFr5U

Cry me a River Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 October 6th 07 06:08 AM
Parking for Tulsa River trail? and for Oklahoma River Trail? [email protected] Rides 0 November 21st 06 03:39 AM
River travel Nick Kew UK 43 October 11th 05 06:23 PM
Ride Report: Ottawa-Montreal-Ottawa via Gatineau River Valley, P'titTrain du Nord, Ottawa River Valley Richard Rodgers Rides 1 August 27th 05 09:27 PM
Cry me a river Dave Stallard General 66 August 11th 05 06:20 PM