Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

Old October 13th 17, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On 13.10.2017 01:57, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:43:15 +0100, Christie
wrote:

Bod wrote:

Height increase always seem a lot tougher than the rate of potential
energy gain suggests it should.

Could I ask if your wife chooses to wear head protection when she
uses
her electric bike? I don't see many riders on electric bikes around
here and wonder whether riders would be more likely to wear
helmets on
electric bikes than they would on normal bikes.

She doesn't.

Okay, the more people that don't, the more confident I would feel
about not doing so either.

Why do you think the type of bike would make a difference?

Just the potential speed that you could more consistently maintain on
some electric bikes, I suppose - Bod has mentioned 30 mph. Although,
of course, just because you can that doesn't mean you have to do so.

If you're using your bike, even though power assisted, at speeds you
are commonly quite used to without such assistance then I don't see
that it would make a difference. And, now I come to think of it, that
is the way I would approach things.

I normally pootle along at a steady 15 -20mph, any speed above that just
feels too fast down country lanes. We get deer running across the roads
quite a lot so it would be insane to go any faster

Okay, thanks for that. I think I'm getting this electric bicycle thing
together now - there is, of course, far more to life than just
increasing its speed.

Speed is a lot of fun and everyone should use it.

I object to the fatal word "everyone".
You think speed is fun.
Some people do not have that opinion.
Old October 13th 17, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 12.10.2017 23:44, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:36:06 +0100, Bod wrote:

[...]

You must have a slow old brain then, because I'm comfortable going 30
(downhill of course).

Good for you.
But that is no excuse to insult others. You must do that because you
have a bad opinion of yourself and can only cope by convincing yourself
that someone else must be worse than you.
Old October 13th 17, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 13.10.2017 03:14, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
No, only those who have a properly functioning brain.* People seem to be
getting slower and slower these days.

Thank god I have a NON-properly functioning brain according to YOUR
definition.
Next thing you will say I am a vulgar little maggot. And I take that as
a real great compliment coming from YOU.

And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.
Old October 13th 17, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 13.10.2017 08:52, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I do, because they look like ****ing morons and I wish to teach them a
lesson.

What gives you the right to do that?

As for those who have flashing headlights during broad daylight, well I
give them the same back.

What? A flashing headlight? Or just a flashing?
Eeeeeeuuuuch!!!
Old October 13th 17, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

I normally pootle along at a steady 15 -20mph, any speed above that just
feels too fast down country lanes. We get deer running across the roads
quite a lot so it would be insane to go any faster

You must have a slow old brain then, because I'm comfortable going 30
(downhill of course).

Good for you.
But that is no excuse to insult others. You must do that because you
have a bad opinion of yourself and can only cope by convincing yourself
that someone else must be worse than you.

He's talking out of his rectum anyway because if you're doing 30mph on a
bicycle going downhill there's no human alive that could avoid a deer
running into you. Deer just suddenly appear from the bushes at a
tremendous speed.

--
Bod