Smoking Pot and Cycling

Old March 12th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Smoking Pot and Cycling

Bob wrote:
wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

In short - there's nothing about smoking pot that's going to make you
a better / safer driver or rider (unless you're stoned enough to not
be able to make it to the road). ;-)

I beg to differ. The only "legitimate" test I ever saw--conducted by
Car & Driver magazine in the (?) 80's, and titled "Doping and Driving"
found improved reflexes and driving skills on their skidpad, accident
avoidance, and other testing metrics.

Since that would directly contradict *every* other piece of evidence
available- even NORML doesn't say a doobie will improve your reflexes
or driving skills- I'm compelled to ask... just how stoned were you
when you read that article?

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bob,
Get off the cop high horse for a while and think, would you rather deal
with stoned drivers or drunks, PCP users, Coke users, and all the other
violent drug users? Being stoned makes you very careful, not reckless.
Bill
Old March 12th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:
I think it's highly significant that you never read about anybody who's
stoned on pot being stopped by the police for driving under the
influence, unlike drivers who are stoned on booze. That simple fact
seems pretty objective to me. If pot caused you to weave and drive
weird, the cops would stop a stoner once in awhile.

This whole witch hunt was started back around 1914 by William Randolph
Hearst who wanted something to demonize to sell more papers, so he
settled on pot. Then he financed "Reefer Madness" in about 1933. If he
had waited to demonize Alcohol it might me a whole different world
today. Drugs finance most of the crime in the "WORLD" today because we
want everybody to follow our perception of drugs.
Get a clue.
Bill Baka
I also didn't say there were bad drugs, because there are, PCP being one
that does a seek and destroy on brain cells, but being a chemistry
second in college and not stupid to begin with I knew what to avoid. I
had a friend that was a B+ high school student until PCP laced joints,
and one day they found him on his Harley in the morning, wet himself,
couldn't remember his own name and had to be committed. He toyed to out
smoke a group of Hell's Angels with PCP joints and fryed his brain
beyond repair. Some things should be illegal as Hell, Alcohol and
Tobacco included.
Old March 12th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

landotter wrote:
wrote:

. I have to admit, though, my lungs
feel a lot better after I lay off for awhile.

One word: vaporizer. Google it.

Then theres always baked goods.

Giggle.

Chocolate brownies with the 'secret' ingredient are so good for ride food.
Bill
Old March 12th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

greggery peccary wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

It's a lot of fun to smoke and ride. But my impression is that, while
it makes you more enthusiastic about riding, makes you want to ride
more often and makes you want to take longer rides, it cuts down on
your wind so that perhaps you don't make as much progress toward your
fitness goals as you would make if you didn't get stoned. But would
you still want to ride as long and as often if you didn't fire a blunt
before the ride? Maybe not. So maybe it's an even trade-off. Anybody
else have any thoughts on this?

funny subject. you'll probably see lots of conflicting responses here (maybe
better than helmets!).
I hope this makes sense: i quit years ago because of the fact it made me
MORE attentive and made riding more enjoyable. i didn't want to need it, and
i could not remember if it was the smoke, or just a general deadening
without it...so years later i can tell you it's both, but at least it's not
on my mind that "i could be enjoying this more with smoke..." i know this
sounds like punishing myself but i still enjoy bicycling straight very very
much!

That type of smoke doesn't 'deaden' the mind if it is natural, like home
grown, and does make things more interesting. I never could do a
training ride that way though since I kept stopping to appreciate
nature. Not a bad thing. Just don't light up and expect to train.
Bill Baka
Old March 12th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

Bob wrote:

wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

[...]

As usual, Wild Bill, you've missed (or just chosen to ignore) the point.
(Hint: Bob said absolutely nothing about "dealing" with anyone.)

Bill "and freaked out 'n paranoid ain't careful, either (re. some of your
other comments)" S.

Sorni,
You freakin moron, he has already said that he is in law enforcement.
Double duh!
Bill
Old March 12th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bill Baka wrote:
Sorni wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

Bob wrote:

wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

[...]

Bill, you dumb-ass dolt. I /know/ Bob's a cop. EVERYONE knows Bob's a cop.

His POST was about pot's effects on people's reaction times and driving
skills (and various studies about the subject). YOUR reply, /as usual/, was
a complete non-sequitor. (SECOND HINT: he never addressed "dealing" with
anyone -- sober, drunk, high, tweaked, whatever.)

Perhaps re-reading the thread will help you?

Bill "anything's possible" S.

Old March 12th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
"Sorni" writes:

As usual, Wild Bill, you've missed (or just chosen to ignore) the point.

I could really go for a bowl of hot 'n sour soup, and a big
plateful of yung chow fried rice. And pot stickers -- lotsa
pot stickers, & plum sauce to dip 'em in. And something with
curry in it.

..... mmmm ... almond chicken ... drool ...

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old March 12th 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sorni" writes:

As usual, Wild Bill, you've missed (or just chosen to ignore) the point.

I could really go for a bowl of hot 'n sour soup, and a big
plateful of yung chow fried rice. And pot stickers -- lotsa
pot stickers, & plum sauce to dip 'em in. And something with
curry in it.

.... mmmm ... almond chicken ... drool ...

A typical Tom Keats post and why this newsgroup is so messed up. Keep up the
good work Tom and this group will soon be as stupefied as the Aussie group,
which is the absolute nadir for dumb posts.

I don't believe I have ever read an intelligent post by any Canadian ever!
Are your brains frozen from the cold I wonder?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka