how do you help sweat from getting in your face while riding?

Old March 29th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Default how do you help sweat from getting in your face while riding?

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in
my eyes and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from
getting sweat in your eye or running form your head down?

Sweat band.

Old March 29th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat Lamb

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

I usually ride with a bandanna rolled up and used as a headband.

Elastic headbands don't hold as much sweat, IME, so they'll start
dripping sooner. In summer weather, I'll take two on longer rides,
swapping every hour or two and drying the wet one on my rack. In cooler
weather, I can get by with cotton cycling caps.

Try a few different things, then report back to us on what works for you!

Pat
Old March 29th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mar 29, 7:32 pm, "Paul" wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

Move someplace cold?

Serioulsy, I don't have any tips on how to avoid getting sweat in your
eyes, but if it stings this may indicate you have more salt in your
diet than you need. I also believe that as you spend more time
sweating (at 1 month your are still pretty fresh), your body becomes
more efficient about it and less salt is lost, and thus your sweat
will not be as salty. I can't find the reference to this now.

Joseph

Old March 29th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob in CT[_2_]

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:32:15 -0400, Paul wrote:

I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my
eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting
sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

I use headsweats, until it gets too hot.

--
Bob in CT
Old March 29th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul

Old March 29th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ron Hardin

Maxipad replacing the forehead pad in the helmet.

They spent a billion dollars to get those things to work.

The sponges that helmet manufacturers put in there just spritz
sweat into your eyes when you go over bumps.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 29th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

I wear a "do rag" under my helmet all year round, unless it gets too
cold and I substitute a skull cap for it. When I started riding, a
buddy of mine gave me a spare bandana when I rode my first organized
ride and I liked it so well that I ordered several do rags. They are
less trouble than tieing the bandana, and even that is not much trouble.
Old March 29th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JP

"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my
eyes and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting
sweat in your eye or running form your head down?

Bandana tied on my head.
Moisture seems to migrate to the top and evaporate through the helmet slots.
Works better for me than sweatbands.

Old March 29th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Helmut Springer

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets
in my eyes and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep
from getting sweat in your eye or running form your head down?

Traditional cycling cap: the sweat goes into the shield and either
evaporates or drops down in front.

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer
Old March 29th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mar 29, 1:32 pm, "Paul" wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

Hi Paul,
I usually have a wash cloth tucked in the waist band of my bike
shorts. When I feel the sweat start to run down my temples, I grab the
wash cloth and wipe away... Then just replace the cloth and the wind
dries it out.
Betsy

Face to face: Trike vs. standard bike on expedition [email protected] Recumbent Biking 19 November 26th 05 09:10 PM
Sweat Not Responding UK 12 September 16th 05 03:07 PM
Sweat of the Gods Sierraman UK 1 July 31st 05 11:03 PM
no sweat 1oki General 23 May 13th 05 11:20 PM
Ammonia sweat colmdonoghue UK 8 August 27th 04 04:35 PM