how do you help sweat from getting in your face while riding?

Old March 29th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Stephen Harding

Default how do you help sweat from getting in your face while riding?

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

I wear a sweat band under my hat during the summer months.

Beads of sweat still occasionally filter down into my eyes
but it's much better than without a sweat band.

SMH

Old March 29th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form your head down?

I'm a big fan of Halo Headbands. They are made out of a wicking fabric
plus they have a little rubber strip located along the bottom of the
band that acts like a gutter to direct the sweat towards the back of
your head (and away from your eyes). See:

http://www.haloheadband.com/products.html

They're a little pricey, but worth the money.

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

P.S. Nor do I speak for Halo Headbands!
Old March 29th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Paul O wrote:
Paul wrote:

I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my
eyes and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from
getting sweat in your eye or running form your head down?

I'm a big fan of Halo Headbands. They are made out of a wicking fabric
plus they have a little rubber strip located along the bottom of the
band that acts like a gutter to direct the sweat towards the back of
your head (and away from your eyes). See:

http://www.haloheadband.com/products.html

They're a little pricey, but worth the money.

That reminds me. Some do rag units have a built in headband. They are
generally polyester. I like the feel of cotton or some kind of cotton
blend better for some reason, but I did buy a couple of the polyester
kind and tried them before giving them away to friends when they started
riding.
Old March 29th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

catzz66 wrote:
Paul O wrote:
Paul wrote:

I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in
my eyes and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from
getting sweat in your eye or running form your head down?

I'm a big fan of Halo Headbands. They are made out of a wicking fabric
plus they have a little rubber strip located along the bottom of the
band that acts like a gutter to direct the sweat towards the back of
your head (and away from your eyes). See:

http://www.haloheadband.com/products.html

They're a little pricey, but worth the money.

That reminds me. Some do rag units have a built in headband. They are
generally polyester. I like the feel of cotton or some kind of cotton
blend better for some reason, but I did buy a couple of the polyester
kind and tried them before giving them away to friends when they started
riding.

Halo also makes a "do rag" style band (the Halo Protex) which I wear
during cool weather.

Old March 29th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my
eyes and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting
sweat in your eye or running form your head down?

Wow - so many suggestions so quickly. Many thanks for all your suggestions!

Old March 30th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat

Halo headbands. problem solved. it's that easy.

next question?

Pat in TX

Old March 30th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

"Paul O" wrote in message

I'm a big fan of Halo Headbands. They are made out of a wicking fabric
plus they have a little rubber strip located along the bottom of the band
that acts like a gutter to direct the sweat towards the back of your head
(and away from your eyes). See:

http://www.haloheadband.com/products.html

They're a little pricey, but worth the money.

My husband, who can soak a do rag in 20 minutes, swears by these, too.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old March 30th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul

"Pat" wrote in message
Halo headbands. problem solved. it's that easy.

next question?

Pat in TX

I certainly posted in the right place! Thanks again everyone!

Old March 31st 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ghamph

"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my

eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat

in
your eye or running form your head down?

Hire a midget to ride on your handlebars and wipe your forehead every few
minutes.
He could also yell at you with his nasty little squeaky voice to "go faster
faster boss".
Jamffer

Old March 31st 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Ghamph wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my

eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat

in
your eye or running form your head down?

Hire a midget to ride on your handlebars and wipe your forehead every few
minutes.
He could also yell at you with his nasty little squeaky voice to "go faster
faster boss".
Jamffer

Get one of those really thick sweatbands so you can wring it out once in
a while. Take 2 showers a day, one before the ride and one after. I know
this sounds silly but I have real oily skin and taking a shower before a
long hot ride decreases the residue that can be washed into your eyes by
sweat. I don't get blurred vision and keep riding if only one eye is
affected, but closed due to the sweat and the burning. If my other eye
gets affected then it is time to get off the bike and rub down the front
of your head with something dry. In my case it is usually the front of
my shirt or a little rag I carry in a pocket for the occasion. If you
ride and it's over 60 degrees, you sweat. Last year I found myself
climbing mountains in heat over 100 F, and sweating a ton, so not even
the shirt thing worked. For this trip I was in full Fred mode and kept a
dry towel in the back rack, along with a 1 gallon thermos jug of water,
which did get drank.
Figure out what works for you and let us know.
It's a pain in the eyes but great for your body.
Bill Baka

Face to face: Trike vs. standard bike on expedition [email protected] Recumbent Biking 19 November 26th 05 09:10 PM
Sweat Not Responding UK 12 September 16th 05 03:07 PM
Sweat of the Gods Sierraman UK 1 July 31st 05 11:03 PM
no sweat 1oki General 23 May 13th 05 11:20 PM
Ammonia sweat colmdonoghue UK 8 August 27th 04 04:35 PM