Female Cyclist Assaulted

Old May 21st 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

Default Female Cyclist Assaulted

in message . com,
') wrote:

Is there any followup to that story? Have the police caught anyone?

Well, I had to look for images that looked like the car and they have
circulated those around the local police. Got the standard letter with
the crime number etc.. All a case of waiting now. No further kicks
since then.

Well, best wishes. I hope it has not affected your self confidence when
cycling by yourself. It was a *shocking* thing to happen.

;; Want to know what SCO stands for?
;; http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030605
Old May 21st 07, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adrian Boliston

"Ambrose Nankivell" wrote in message

Well, no, the driver got out and kicked her. The scumbag.

Or as the media would report it, a cyclist was in a kicking with a car.

It would take a pretty determined motorist to go to the trouble of parking
up, getting out and kicking a cyclist! If the road was narrow he would
block other fellow motorists and incur *their* wrath, and if the road was
wide he would have to be quick on his feet to kick a passing cyclist.

Old May 21st 07, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
iarocu

On 21 May, 19:51, wrote:

They were rare a few years ago, but they have certainly intensified
over the last few months in terms of severity. I ain't been out on the
bike for a few weeks now. It really is getting worse out there for us
cyclists.

I would dispute that they have got worse. I would say the risk of
random unprovoked attacks like this is low. Other than peripheral
housing schemes between 9pm and midnight at weekends the risk is close
to zero. There are plenty places I wouldn't care to walk through at
certain times of night but any risk is no worse for cyclists than
pedestrians. Cyclist may be at less risk as they travel past any
problem areas quickly.. This story made the news because it was
unusual.

Iain

Old May 21st 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Mon, 21 May 2007 18:31:50 GMT someone who may be Ambrose
Nankivell wrote this:-

Well, no, the driver got out and kicked her. The scumbag.

Or as the media would report it, a cyclist was in a kicking with a car.

No. The evil, lycra clad, unhelmeted, non road tax paying cyclist
crashed into the foot of the poor, put upon, hard done by, taxed to
the hilt, salt of the earth, fine upstanding motorist.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old May 21st 07, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Kane

On May 21, 4:00 pm, "Adrian Boliston" wrote:
"Ambrose Nankivell" wrote in message

Well, no, the driver got out and kicked her. The scumbag.

Or as the media would report it, a cyclist was in a kicking with a car.

It would take a pretty determined motorist to go to the trouble of parking
up, getting out and kicking a cyclist! If the road was narrow he would
block other fellow motorists and incur *their* wrath, and if the road was
wide he would have to be quick on his feet to kick a passing cyclist.

You obviously missed this little video from Toronto
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_10783.aspx

Old May 22nd 07, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

It would take a pretty determined motorist to go to the trouble of parking
up, getting out and kicking a cyclist!

What can I say? The guy even turned off of the main road to park then
wandered into the road to meet me face to face. Can only assume this
was a man with other issues in his life! Maybe his abusive mother was
a five foot female cyclist as well.

Old May 22nd 07, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On 22 May 2007 00:52:58 -0700
wrote:

a five foot female cyclist as well.

Some wonderful Hindu goddess? How many pedals do you have,
and does that make you hugely faster than us mere mortals?

--
not me guv
Old May 22nd 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Mon, 21 May, Adrian Boliston wrote:

It would take a pretty determined motorist to go to the trouble of
parking up, getting out and kicking a cyclist! If the road was
narrow he would block other fellow motorists and incur *their*
wrath, and if the road was wide he would have to be quick on his
feet to kick a passing cyclist.

I've had a motorist who went to the bother of pulling into a
cul-de-sac, turning, then waiting for me to pass in order to
deliberately drive straight at me, tyres smoking.

Some motorists are psychopaths.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old May 23rd 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Malcolm

Adrian Boliston wrote:
"Ambrose Nankivell" wrote in message

Well, no, the driver got out and kicked her. The scumbag.

Or as the media would report it, a cyclist was in a kicking with a car.

It would take a pretty determined motorist to go to the trouble of parking
up, getting out and kicking a cyclist!

No more determined than the motorists you often see getting out of
their cars to "have a word" with another car driver. They don't have
to go to the trouble of "parking up". I see them doing it while
waiting at red traffic lights.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old May 23rd 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 22 May, 09:38, Nick Kew wrote:
On 22 May 2007 00:52:58 -0700

wrote:
a five foot female cyclist as well.

Some wonderful Hindu goddess? How many pedals do you have,
and does that make you hugely faster than us mere mortals?

I am of course faster than most mere mortals....I just choose to only
turn out 28min 10mile TTs time and time again!