Setavento Frames

Old January 8th 05, 07:57 AM
Tosspot

Default Setavento Frames

I was thinking about using these people

http://www.setavento.com/

but I noticed that there are no contact numbers to call them. I then
looked at Companies House, and despite the fact they describe themselves
as 'Setavento Limited', they are not registered=. After a bit more
frigging about I find the company address is

James Laurence
Setavento Limited Company
145-157 St John Street
London
EC1V 4PY

but BT directory enquiries has no number for this name/address.

Anyone have any experience/comments with these people. Or is it really
to good to be true?
Old January 8th 05, 10:05 AM
Tony Raven

Tosspot wrote:

I was thinking about using these people

http://www.setavento.com/

but I noticed that there are no contact numbers to call them. I then
looked at Companies House, and despite the fact they describe themselves
as 'Setavento Limited', they are not registered=. After a bit more
frigging about I find the company address is

James Laurence
Setavento Limited Company
145-157 St John Street
London
EC1V 4PY

but BT directory enquiries has no number for this name/address.

Anyone have any experience/comments with these people. Or is it really
to good to be true?

A quick google on the street address shows its a multi-company office
block with a number of a "virtual office" companies. i.e. an address
companies can rent to give them an apparent presence with mail address,
telephone answering, fax etc (http://www.thisisyouroffice.com/ is one of
them). I suspect he runs it from home in his spare time in reality.

You could try the virtual office telephone number and see if they have
them on their books and a contact number - 0207 553 9767

I think this is the guy behind it from hints given on the site:
"James Laurence, Chief Executive: Co-Founder of OverNet Data. CEO of
Pinkworks Ltd, the creator of the technology behind one of London's
earliest electronic bond derivative markets. Founder of Unofficial Psion
Series 5 Digest, and a team leader for the World Wide Web ConsortiumÕs
International Conference series volunteers since 1995."

So it again looks like it might be a hobby company. The Overnet Data
phone number appears to be 020 7291 3700 but their website is
non-functioning and the London Stock Exchange site is down for
maintenance today which means I can't check their current status but
they are still listed on Companies House.

Tony