Single Channel Cable Routing with Campy Ergos

Old November 20th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

Default Single Channel Cable Routing with Campy Ergos

I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

Thanks,

D'ohBoy
Old November 20th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

D'ohBoy wrote:
I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

Thanks,

D'ohBoy

I use Ritchey Classic bars. They only have a single channel on the back.
There is no problem putting the housing in front where there is no
channel. Just secure it with tape before putting the handlebar tape on.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu (http://www.nb.nu)
Old November 21st 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pete Biggs

D'ohBoy wrote:
I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

It won't be essential, but try running both cables along the front. You may
prefer it anyway.

Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

3T Morphe?

~PB

Old November 21st 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

I just installed some Ergo shifters on bars with single channels. I
just ran them both alone the same front channel. The Campy
documentation describes how to route them with each type of handlebar.

Tom
Old November 21st 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

Thanks,

D'ohBoy

Ritchey Biomax is my favorite ergo bar. Just like a Nitto Noodle (my
favorite bar overall), but with the ergo bumps on the drops. And half
the price of a Nitto (loads on ebay under $30). The Ritchey 44s are
the same width as a Nitto 46.
Old November 21st 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On Nov 21, 8:48 am, Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

Thanks,

D'ohBoy

Ritchey Biomax is my favorite ergo bar. Just like a Nitto Noodle (my
favorite bar overall), but with the ergo bumps on the drops. And half
the price of a Nitto (loads on ebay under $30). The Ritchey 44s are
the same width as a Nitto 46.

Oh, and they're single-channel and I run both cables in the front.
Old November 22nd 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

Default 3T Bio Morphe WAS: Single Channel Cable Routing with Campy Ergos

Pete Biggs wrote, in part, suggesting:

3T Morphe?

~PB

Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!

http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/.../3t-biobar.JPG

Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

Peter
Old November 22nd 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

D'ohBoy wrote:
Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!
http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/.../3t-biobar.JPG
Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

Handlebar?? That's a tuned exhaust header, right?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old November 22nd 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

D'ohBoy wrote:
Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!
http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/.../3t-biobar.JPG
Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

Handlebar?? That's a tuned exhaust header, right?

I take it the customers are not beating down the door for these handlebars?

Old November 22nd 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On Nov 22, 7:15 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
Pete Biggs wrote, in part, suggesting:

3T Morphe?

~PB

Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!

http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/.../3t-biobar.JPG

Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

Peter

Put it next to the Modolo Grand Fondo!

http://www.velo-orange.com/mogrfoha.html

Cable routing Larry[_2_] Techniques 5 June 12th 07 02:42 AM
MTB: downtube cable routing David Bonnell Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 10:59 PM
MTB: downtube cable routing [email protected] Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 09:13 PM
internal cable routing Cyclopath! - Keiron Techniques 13 September 7th 06 11:58 PM
Cable routing on FSA k wings without internal routing. chad Techniques 3 June 13th 06 12:03 AM