In praise of Brooks saddles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12th 19, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default In praise of Brooks saddles

On 12/12/2019 12:14 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Anyway, at one of them a long time ago I talked to a guy selling jewelry he
made. As I recall, he said he worked a few months in the winter making his
goods, then attended the craft fairs for a few more months. The rest of the
year was his vacation time.

Of course, I don't know what happened to the guy in later years. Do you get a
decent retirement from a career like that?

- Frank Krygowski

Probably not, but if you’re lucky you can “work” until you die and still
enjoy it. What would he need to retire from?

Good point. I've thought a lot about people who love their work so much
that they would never want to do anything else. I consider them lucky.

And I did love teaching, although I didn't love the administrative
duties I had. But I have too many interests to devote myself to only one
endeavor. I find retirement to be a very nice thing indeed.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Brooks Saddles on TV nobody UK 0 February 8th 08 01:36 PM
What does the S mean (Brooks saddles) Jim D UK 15 November 18th 06 04:48 PM
FS: Brooks Pro saddles [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 23rd 05 05:12 PM
Brooks saddles Bryan UK 5 August 5th 04 09:16 PM
FS: Brooks saddles Michael Szpir Marketplace 3 October 11th 03 10:03 PM