[OT] Motorist drives through brick wall.

Old November 2nd 08, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Default [OT] Motorist drives through brick wall.

Dramatic pictures of Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson deliberately smashing a truck into a wall have been released.

A Top Gear spokeswoman said the star was "quite badly injured" in the stunt, staged, she said, to "see how difficult it was to be a truck driver".

Mr Clarkson has said he emerged from the accident "in screaming agony", with bruises to his leg, back and finger, but has since made a good recovery.

Viewers can watch the high-speed smash on Sunday's episode of Top Gear.

Surly accident is the wrong word, it was a deliberate crash.

His injuries included an index finger that looked like "a burst sausage" and heavy bruising to his shin and back.

He wrote: "Everyone should experience this before they are given a licence.

Well I laughed. Perhaps he will remember this before spouting off in his
newspaper column again about deliberately knocking cyclists off.
Old November 2nd 08, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Old November 3rd 08, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Screaming agony indeed. From bruises? No exaggeration for effect here,
obviously.

Well of course it will be exaggerated, since his style is founded on
hyperbole, but...

.... while bruises don't in themselves cause agony, the blow which causes
them might well. Agony is according to what your nerve endings
transmit, and that's quite possible if enough of them are on song.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old November 3rd 08, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat[_2_]

So let me get this right... Woolly-haired, petrol-headed, tosspot, drives a
truck into a wall at speed, decides it hurts a bit? Just fancy that - who
would have thought..The level of intelligence of the twerp never fails to
astound.
:rolls eyes skyward:

Old November 3rd 08, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
al Mossah

Default Motorist drives through brick wall.

On 3 Nov, 08:44, "wafflycat" wrote:
So let me get this right... Woolly-haired, petrol-headed, tosspot, drives a
truck into a wall at speed, decides it hurts a bit? Just fancy that - who
would have thought..The level of intelligence of the twerp never fails to
astound.
:rolls eyes skyward:

On next week's show: Revelations that bears may defecate in arboreal
surroundings.

Peter.
Old November 3rd 08, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 02:16:15 -0800 (PST)
al Mossah wrote:

On 3 Nov, 08:44, "wafflycat" wrote:
So let me get this right... Woolly-haired, petrol-headed, tosspot,
drives a truck into a wall at speed, decides it hurts a bit? Just
fancy that - who would have thought..The level of intelligence of
the twerp never fails to astound.
:rolls eyes skyward:

On next week's show: Revelations that bears may defecate in arboreal
surroundings.

Nah, bears **** in the woods - it's ursines that defecate in the
arboretum.

Old November 3rd 08, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

He wrote: "Everyone should experience this before they are given a licence.

He said something I agree with . Am i dreaming?

It could do with being a bit more, though.
The full pre-licence seasoning needs the examinee to experience that
feeling of time dilation and helpless fear and embarrassment when you
hurtle toward a painful collision in which perhaps not only yourself
will suffer. Ideally it should be the examinee's own error to begin
with.Otherwise it does not address the overconfidence that underlies
many crashes.
TerryJ
Old November 3rd 08, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Old November 3rd 08, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:17:31 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

terryj wrote:

He wrote: "Everyone should experience this before they are given a
licence.

He said something I agree with . Am i dreaming?

He does that fairly often, but offsets it by talking a whole load of car
supremacist ******** the rest of the time.

We like James May in my house. He has a Brompton, for a start. Did I
mention that I have a Brompton?

Did you mention that you're a ****wit?

Don't bother - it's obvious.

You were going to tell me who you accused me of lying about when I
said I had contacted people and that I had had responses from them.

Any chance of doing so?

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
Some evidence shows that helmeted cyclists are more likely to hit
Old November 3rd 08, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

wrote:

We like James May in my house. He has a Brompton, for a start. Did I
mention that I have a Brompton?

Mrs. Hall thinks James May is how Jeremy Clarkson would be if he was
played by Stephen Fry.
--
Tim

Brick cycling project? [email protected][_2_] Social Issues 0 April 3rd 08 05:42 PM
foller t' yeller brick Mikefule Unicycling 5 April 26th 06 06:54 AM
Motorist drives along pavement David Hansen UK 96 April 6th 06 06:45 PM
Thick as a Brick Yanks BCL Australia 41 November 29th 04 11:42 AM
Exhibition in Brick Lane John Hearns UK 6 July 15th 04 10:38 AM