Biker Killed by Mountain Lion

Old March 13th 04, 04:59 PM
Tom Sherman

Default Biker Killed by Mountain Lion

$kip wrote:

I've been polishing on the natural aluminum frame of my GRR...

Metallic aluminium/aluminum does not occur naturally; it is found as a
component of several minerals. Certainly the 6061 alloy [1] used by Easy
Racers for the Gold Rush Replica does not occur naturally.

[1] "Post heat treated" after TIG welding [2], but heat treatment type
is not specified (T-6?).
[2] http://www.easyracers.com/gold_rush.htm.

Old March 13th 04, 05:03 PM
skip

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
$kip wrote:

I've been polishing on the natural aluminum frame of my GRR...

Metallic aluminium/aluminum does not occur naturally; it is found as a
component of several minerals. Certainly the 6061 alloy [1] used by Easy
Racers for the Gold Rush Replica does not occur naturally.

[1] "Post heat treated" after TIG welding [2], but heat treatment type
is not specified (T-6?).
[2] http://www.easyracers.com/gold_rush.htm.

OK. ....polishing on the unnatural aluminum frame of my GRR....

skip

Old March 13th 04, 06:05 PM
Arne

I have a fold-rush... i almost wish i had gotten it powder coated instead of
natural alumium..... it is not looking all that good, and polishing it will
be a real drag... i've started it a few times, but gave up after the
tediousness of the project got to me....

Arne

=====================

Old March 13th 04, 06:26 PM
skip

"Arne" wrote in message
I have a fold-rush... i almost wish i had gotten it powder coated instead

of
natural alumium..... it is not looking all that good, and polishing it

will
be a real drag... i've started it a few times, but gave up after the
tediousness of the project got to me....

It's a ritual Arne and it must be observed as a ritual.

Why don't you sell that ugly old fold rush to me cheap so you can get
yourself a nice new powder coated bike in your favorite color.

skip (always willing to help a brother out)

Old March 13th 04, 09:38 PM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

It has often been remarked that the very poor and the very rich have
the same disgusting and immoral behavior. Apparently the extremes meet
and it is essentially the middle class which is the repository of all
morality. But is it too much money or too little money that causes
reprehensible behavior or is it rather something else entirely?

We will allow the very rich their behavior because it seldom directly
effects our lives unlike the behavior of the poor (the homeless). It
is the same with white collar crime versus street crime. One only
affects us highly indirectly whereas the other effects us directly
(assault and robbery)....

I should point out here that Mr. Dolan has stated in the past that he
does not have much of an understanding of economics. If he did, he would
not make the above statements.

As for one example, how were all the middle aged, mid-level white collar
Enron employees affected when upper management bailed out before the
company collapsed, while they lost almost all of their retirement savings?

Old March 13th 04, 10:02 PM
Arne

Skip, don't know about now, but when I got mine, other choices were white
(ugh..!) or black (not too exciting)... Aluminum looks really good when
polished up. And some where, there probably is one polished up.

Arne

=====================

Old March 14th 04, 12:00 AM
skip

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
om...

Sounds like maybe you have been doing the Bike Florida ride or that
other one that goes by the name of Safari.

Actually I was kayak camping and didn't take a bike along this time. I have
in the past combined paddling and biking rides out of Live Oak Florida.
Bike to the put in, rent a canoe, have the bike shuttled to the take out and
then bike back to camp when I'm done. The canoe gets shuttled back to the
put in point. Neat deal.

I was mainly upset that Mr. Sherman did not say goodbye. We are all of
us going to leave this newsgroup sooner or later. I do not believe in
slinking quietly away into the night.

Oh come on Ed. You know the other liberals around here aren't capable of
dealing with you. You need Tom to make it challenging. You wanted him back
bad.
Admit it.

No, I will be like a great
artist and have many and prolonged farewell concerts.

Fine. Just have the good grace to stay gone after you are done with your
mega production farewell. Don't be like some others and reappear here two
weeks later.

OK, but don't vote for Nader if it looks like Kerry could win. I think
Pennsylvania is a going to be critical state along with Ohio. Here in
Minnesota, I wouldn't have to vote at all as the idiots here go Dem no
matter what jackass the party comes up with. We are like Massachusetts
that way.

I live in Tennessee. Kerry won't win here. Our former senator, vice
president, and pal Al couldn't even carry the state in the last go around.

We off-topic types missed your razor sharp but always subtle wit. Glad
to see that you didn't desert us and were only away doing what we
should all be doing.

I've been honing my razor sharp but always subtle wit on the gators and
coons in the Fla. backwaters. They didn't seem to get it. Maybe too subtle
for them. But any way I'm glad you do.

skip

Old March 14th 04, 12:03 AM
skip

Ok Arne I will trade you my expertly polished & gleaming GRR for you ugly
dull Fold Rush. I think I'm being more than reasonable here.

skip

Old March 14th 04, 11:54 AM
Arne

We do not allow the rich anything. They take it. They become lawyers, we
chose between 2 choices usually, they get elected and if they retain their
morales, they accomplish nothing, else they lose them and accomplish a lot,
usually to their collective benefit. I say lawyers as most politicians have
a law background.

Way back in ancient history, the collective legislators were a
conglomeration of shop keepers, farmers, and other types. They did what they
had to do in Washington (formerly Philadelphia) and went home to earn their
keep. Then, the people decided the federal gov't should do more... and more
and more.... and we gave up our rights and responsibilities to the feds and
wound up where we are today.... a lot of the population said 'let the feds
do it' and the feds got all the power...

That happens when you don't want to do things for yourself...

Arne

=====================
"GeoB" wrote in message
om...

We allow the rich their behaviour because the system is run by thieves
and crooks.

Old March 14th 04, 01:01 PM
Hijo de la Changa

I am NOT talking about being a burden, like a beggar or thief, I'm
talking about rejecting the value system itself, and building a
self-sustaining life apart from it. Like hippies in communes?

We're primitive as can be...

The Manson family.