Oh what a beautiful morning!

Old May 18th 04, 12:49 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Oh what a beautiful morning!

Oh what a beautiful day!

Yes indeedy, all is well with the world today.

Cycling into town, I overtook a yoof on a mountain bike on the hill outside the
George Hotel. Normally yoof on MTBs make a point of overtaking
middleagedfatbirdonabianchi up said hill, but today I saled by such a yoof and
offered a friendly "Good morning" as I pedalled past him :-)

Some days, the cycling is *good* :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 18th 04, 01:54 PM
Simon Mason

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Oh what a beautiful day!

Yes indeedy, all is well with the world today.

Cycling into town, I overtook a yoof on a mountain bike on the hill

outside the
George Hotel. Normally yoof on MTBs make a point of overtaking
middleagedfatbirdonabianchi up said hill, but today I saled by such a yoof

and
offered a friendly "Good morning" as I pedalled past him :-)

Indeed - I booked this week off on holiday in January :-) My job involves
covering people on sick, at college, training and on holidays etc, so I'm
left with the dregs after everyone else has booked their holidays and what
dregs they turned out to be!

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old May 18th 04, 02:25 PM
Richard

Cycling into town, I overtook a yoof on a mountain bike on the hill outside the
George Hotel. Normally yoof on MTBs make a point of overtaking
middleagedfatbirdonabianchi up said hill, but today I saled by such a yoof and
offered a friendly "Good morning" as I pedalled past him :-)

Indeedy - the other day, steadily spinning up a Very Steep Hill in
granny gear, I overtook a brace of yoofs pushing those "stunt bikes"
(---old fogey who doesn't know what they're called). One of them
called, somewhat incomprehensibly, "Where's the motor? Giveya a partex."
Old May 18th 04, 05:37 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Richard wrote:

Cycling into town, I overtook a yoof on a mountain bike on the hill
outside the
George Hotel. Normally yoof on MTBs make a point of overtaking
middleagedfatbirdonabianchi up said hill, but today I saled by such a
yoof and
offered a friendly "Good morning" as I pedalled past him :-)

Indeedy - the other day, steadily spinning up a Very Steep Hill in
granny gear, I overtook a brace of yoofs pushing those "stunt bikes"
(---old fogey who doesn't know what they're called). One of them
called, somewhat incomprehensibly, "Where's the motor? Giveya a partex."

Presumably BMX bikes? Very strong, good for stunts, horrible for
getting from A to B because of the low singlespeed gear and the rather
pointless saddle.
Old May 18th 04, 07:05 PM
MSeries

Richard wrote:

................ "stunt bikes"
(---old fogey who doesn't know what they're called).

They're called mountain bikes I believe

Old May 18th 04, 08:56 PM
Woody

Had to get some new shorts on Saturday (not Bib shorts so pur the paving
slab back down) and saw the new matt black Bianchi paintjob with silver
logos.

I am now in love, my shiny black and yellow one seems so yesterday

Woody

Old May 18th 04, 09:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Had to get some new shorts on Saturday (not Bib shorts so pur the paving
slab back down) and saw the new matt black Bianchi paintjob with silver
logos.

I am now in love, my shiny black and yellow one seems so yesterday

Yes, the matt black Bianchis are rather nice objects of desire. I like the matt
black ones with the lettering in matt Celeste.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 18th 04, 10:29 PM
Velvet

Had to get some new shorts on Saturday (not Bib shorts so pur the paving
slab back down) and saw the new matt black Bianchi paintjob with silver
logos.

I am now in love, my shiny black and yellow one seems so yesterday

Yes, the matt black Bianchis are rather nice objects of desire. I like the matt
black ones with the lettering in matt Celeste.

Cheers, helen s

Stealth bike, anyone? ;-)

--

Velvet
Old May 18th 04, 10:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Stealth bike, anyone? ;-)

Not by the time I've finished with it ;-) I was out cycling this evening. Two
Cateye 5LED front lights,1 front flashing LED, 1 helmet mounted LED. At the
rear, 1 trad BS red light, another static *bright* LED red light (BS standard)
1 x flashing red LED. Various assorted reflective things on self and bike,
front, side & rear facing. I'd have that lot on the matt balck one too ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 18th 04, 11:01 PM
PK

Stealth bike, anyone? ;-)

Not by the time I've finished with it ;-) I was out cycling this
evening. Two Cateye 5LED front lights,1 front flashing LED, 1 helmet
mounted LED. At the rear, 1 trad BS red light, another static
*bright* LED red light (BS standard) 1 x flashing red LED. Various
assorted reflective things on self and bike, front, side & rear
facing. I'd have that lot on the matt balck one too ;-)

That explains the new item this eveing aboput some drunk being locked up
claiming to have seen an Xmas tree riding a bike!

pk