A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Recumbent Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old August 12th 11, 11:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
...
On Aug 12, 12:33 am, "T°m [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/10/2011 10:24 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]


Drugs are given to chickens to combat parasites that thrive in factory
farming conditions. Chemicals linked to cancer and birth defects have
been found in eggs and chicken portions. The chemical residue from
drugs given to chickens are regarded as too dangerous for use in human
medicine. Sloppy farming methods and inadequate checks by government
officials had allowed them to get into the food chain.[...]


A good reason to only buy free-range organic chicken and eggs. Besides,
they taste much better also.


What is also important is the omega 3 value which is elevated by

proper selection of feed (think flax seed).

This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety, not
crackpot "scientific researchers".

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



Ads
  #112  
Old August 30th 11, 08:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 1:15*pm, JimmyMac wrote:
On Aug 12, 12:29*am, "T°m [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/10/2011 10:06 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
* [...]


John[s] Hopkins is considered the best hospital in this country if not
the worlds and wrote the book on Urology.[...]


But they lost one "s"?


AND John(s), of course.


My error (typo), an I movedthe "s" behind world" ;^) *Just can't type
very well as of late.

*Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W

I am a vehicular cyclist.


*(typo), not ther


  #113  
Old August 30th 11, 08:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 4:52*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Aug 10, 11:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The only one who is acting out of the
mainstream is yourself. Tom Sherman is the expert on Usenet, not you. You
proved your lack of perspicacity via the Ed Gin episode on ARBR some years
back.
Once again you deleted a large section of my post in responding


without so much as a SNIP *Why? because netiquette does not apply to
trolls. *That's why * Reinserted here...

Reinsert all you want. I will respond to what I think matters and you do the
same.
[...]

When in Rome do as the Romans? *You mean when on Usenet emulate a


troll/clown. *No thanks. *Perspicacity is not a trait that a
troglodyte trolls possess. *Your myopic view of Usenet is one that you
will always mistakenly subscribe to.

Everyone on Usenet is a clown except you. That is why you no longer belong
here.


Thanks for the compliment I guess. Opinion stated as fact the
underlying presuppostition being that all posters are clowns. If
true, hos sad would that be?

You are stuck in a time warp. Usenet may have been worth something when it
was new, but it is now old and it is worthless. I suspect Facebook and the
other social websites are more your speed.
Someone who has difficult writing a post without mentioning Ed Gin


accuses me of being stuck in a time warp. *Now that is a hoot. *Social
network is rife with privacy and security problems. *Social networking
appeals to lonely people indulging their egos. *Social networkers
bombard one other with blow-by-blow accounts of the daily minutiae
with a never- ending stream of status updates. *The social networker
is compelled to share their every movement and thought no matter how
mundane seemingly to validate their very existence. *It is as though
in the absence of an audience of followers, the social networker's
life would be without meaning. *Actually this sounds right up you
alley. *I'll pass.

Agreed! Hermits like myself have never needed others for anything, least of
all for anything social. I am here because I enjoy kicking dumb ass. Why are
you here?


To keep you in check, for one.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #114  
Old August 30th 11, 08:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 5:02*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Aug 12, 12:31 am, "T°m [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/12/2011 12:00 AM, JimmyMac wrote:


[...] Anything that you can [l]earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.[...]


Jim must mean a general "you", since Ed Dolan refuses to learn anything
new.
Right you are on both accounts.


Why should I bother to learn anything new? I already know everything worth
knowing. It must be some kind of curse to have to go through life an eternal
student.


Arrogantly spoken like the megalomaniac that Ed has proven himself to
be.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #115  
Old August 30th 11, 08:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 5:12*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

....
On Aug 12, 12:33 am, "T°m [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/10/2011 10:24 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]


Drugs are given to chickens to combat parasites that thrive in factory
farming conditions. Chemicals linked to cancer and birth defects have
been found in eggs and chicken portions. The chemical residue from
drugs given to chickens are regarded as too dangerous for use in human
medicine. Sloppy farming methods and inadequate checks by government
officials had allowed them to get into the food chain.[...]


A good reason to only buy free-range organic chicken and eggs. Besides,
they taste much better also.
What is also important is the omega 3 value which is elevated by


proper selection of feed (think flax seed).

This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety, not
crackpot "scientific researchers".


Says the crackpot know-it-all who expounds without hesitation about
subjects for which his knowledge is he is woefully deficient.

One distinct difference between Ed and myself is that I present what
Ed abhors ... FACTS, whereas Ed is admittedly all about opinion ...
namely, HIS. Not being in possession of the facts has never curtailed
Ed from running his mouth even when it is obvious to most that Ed
knows little or nothing of that about which he is speaking.

Ed Dolan has publicly gone on record to state that our food is safe
and the FDA ensures that it is. Ed's assertion is not supported by
the facts. As is customarily the case, Ed has chosen to run his mouth
without knowing what he's talking about. Ed, hasn't bothered to do the
research before spewing errant opinions as though they were facts.
Lets just take a cursory look at the safety of our food.

First off, more that just the FDA are involved in the process. Several
US government agencies and their subsidiaries, along with state
agencies, share the responsibility to keep our food supply safe, but
despite all parties involved, our food isn't as safe as Ed Dolan would
have you believe. The average American consumes 200 pounds of meat and
fish, 67 pounds of poultry, 30 pounds of eggs, and 600 pounds of
dairy products each year. With that level of consumption, one should
be concerned about just what can be found in what we eat.
Unfortunately, much of what we consume has been found to be laced with
residue from herbicides, pesticides, anabolic steroids, anti-parasite
drugs, antibiotics, fungicides, anti-inflammatories, etc, About 80% of
all food animals are administered drugs during their lifetime. Some
750 drug products, containing about 100 basic drugs, are used in food
animal production. Most are allegedly needed to ensure a continuing
safe, wholesome, affordable food supply for the populace. About 30% of
chickens, 80% of veal calves and pigs, and 60% of beef cattle are
routinely fed medicated rations. Livestock are also routinely treated
with de-wormers and insecticides. Some of these drugs are considered
unsafe for human consumption and some have been linked to cancer,
birth defects, heart problems and interfere with the working of
prescription medicines. Some drug residue has been found to exceed 200
times the legal limit! Section 409 of the Federal Food, Drug, and
Cosmetic Act contains the Delaney Clause (1958) which states that, "no
additive shall be deemed safe if it is found to induce cancer when
ingested by man or animal...". Still, carcinogenic drug residue
continues to be in our food chain.

And, what about bio-contaminants? The FDA sets compliance guidelines
limiting the amount of contaminants in food, but allows a percentage
of mold, parasites, rodent hairs, animal droppings (feces), insect
droppings (feces), insect parts, insect eggs maggots, whole insects,
sand and grit, sticks and stones, and even cigarette butts. A small
percent Ed might counter. Well, think again. A University of Ohio
fact study estimates that on average a person consumes from one to two
pounds of insects each year, without even knowing it.

Food safety aside for the moment, lets examine the FDA's primary
function and its deadly drug approval and denial track record, shall
we?

For most of its history, the United States Food and Drug
Administration approved new prescription medicines at a grudging pace,
paying daily homage to the physician’s creed, “First, do no harm.”

Then in the early 1990s, the demand for AIDS drugs changed the
political climate. Congress told the FDA to work closely with
pharmaceutical firms in getting new medicines to market more swiftly.
President Clinton urged FDA leaders to trust industry as “partners,
not adversaries.”

The FDA achieved its new goals, but at a dire cost in human lives.
Once the world’s unrivaled safety leader, the FDA was the last to
withdraw several drugs in the late 1990s that were banned by health
authorities in Europe.

Fen Phen, Redux, Seldane, Posicor, Duract, Hismanal, Rezulin,
Propulsid, Lotronex, Raplon, Baycol, and Raxar were the so-called
dirty dozen drugs. The dirty dozen of drugs that the FDA pulled from
the market from 1997 to 2001 after reports of deaths and severe side
effects. All had lawsuits associated with them.

The FDA administrators dismissed one of its medical officer’s emphatic
warnings and approved Lotronex, a drug for treating irritable bowel
syndrome. Lotronex has been linked to five deaths, the removal of a
patient’s colon and other bowel surgeries. It was pulled off the
market on Nov. 28.

The diet pill Redux, approved in April 1996 despite an advisory
committee’s vote against it, was withdrawn in September 1997 after
heart-valve damage was detected in patients put on the drug. The FDA
later received reports identifying Redux as a suspect in 123 deaths.

The antibiotic Raxar was approved in November 1997 in the face of
evidence that it may have caused several fatal heart-rhythm
disruptions in clinical studies. FDA officials chose to exclude any
mention of the deaths from the drug’s label. The maker of the pill
withdrew it in October 1999. Raxar was cited as a suspect in the
deaths of 13 patients.

The blood pressure medication Posicor was approved in June 1997
despite findings by FDA specialists that it might fatally disrupt
heart rhythm and interact with certain other drugs, posing potentially
severe risk. Posicor was withdrawn one year later; reports cited it as
a suspect in 100 deaths.

The painkiller Duract was approved in July 1997 after FDA medical
officers warned repeatedly of the drug’s liver toxicity. Senior
officials sided with the manufacturer in softening the label’s warning
of the liver threat. The drug was withdrawn 11 months later. By late
1998, the FDA had received voluntary reports citing Duract as a
suspect in 68 deaths, including 17 that involved liver failure.

The diabetes drug Rezulin was approved in January 1997 over a medical
officer’s detailed opposition and was withdrawn this March after the
agency had linked 91 liver failures to the pill. Reports cite Rezulin
as a suspect in 391 deaths.

The nighttime heartburn drug Propulsid was approved in 1993 despite
evidence that it caused heart-rhythm disorders. The officials who
approved the drug failed to consult the agency’s own cardiac
specialists about the signs of danger. The drug was taken out of
pharmacies in July after scores of confirmed heart-rhythm deaths.
Overall, Propulsid has been cited as a suspect in 302 deaths.

FDA approved each of these drugs while disregarding danger signs or
blunt warnings from its own specialists. Then, after receiving reports
of significant harm to patients, the agency was slow to seek
withdrawals. Because deaths are reported by doctors, hospitals and
others on a voluntary basis, the true number of fatalities could be
far higher than the 1000 plus reported.

Whereas the FDA approved drugs that it should not have and were slow
to withdraw them form the marketplace, other drugs that should have
been approved more quickly also took its toll in loss of lives.

Gleevec set a tragic standard for loss of life at the hands of FDA
bureaucrats. Coming out of Phase 1 testing in 1998, it was known
beyond any reasonable doubt to be safe and effective By the time FDA
approved Gleevec in March 2003, approximately 3,600 patients had been
denied access to the drug. Many died waiting. More than 80% of the
small number of patients who got Gleevec in clinical trials before
the drug was approved are alive today.

Eloxatin, for advanced colorectal cancer, was summarily rejected by
the FDA in March 2000 despite its being approved in at least 29 other
countries. The FDA delayed approval until August 2002. In between,
about 40,000 Americans died without ever getting the drug.

Erbitux, for the treatment of colorectal and head and neck cancers,
was rejected by FDA in December 2001 when the agency refused to review
the sponsor's application. The FDA delayed approval until February
2004. Almost 179,000 people with colorectal and head and neck cancer
died waiting.

Revlimid, for multiple myeloma and myelodysplastic syndrome, took from
in June 2002 to December 2005 for FDA approval. Nearly 74,000 patients
with these terminal cancers died without ever getting Revlimid.

In June 2002, the FDA was requested to approve Velcade. The FDA didn't
approve Veldade until May 2003. About 2,600 patients died without ever
getting Velcade.

In June 2004, the FDA was requested to approve Nexavar and Sutent,
both highly promising drugs for kidney cancer, available. The FDA
eventually approved Nexavar in December 2005 and Sutent in January
2006. But that was only after evidence of efficacy so compelling
emerged for Nexavar that the trial demanded by the FDA -- in which
dying kidney cancer patients seeking the drug were being given no
other choice (except certain death from their cancer) but to agree to
a 50/50 chance of being blindly randomized to a sugar pill -- was
stopped by Bayer for ethical reasons and the placebo patients allowed
to get the drug. The sponsor seeking approval for Sutent was given a
similar option by FDA if it wanted its drug approved. About 20,000
kidney cancer patients died waiting for both drugs.

In June 2002, the FDA was requested to approve Avastin for multiple
cancers. The FDA finally approved this obviously effective cancer drug
in February 2004. It is now approved for colorectal and lung cancers,
and being successfully used off label for several more. Almost 360,000
patients with lung and colon cancer died without ever getting Avastin.

In June 2001, the FDA was requested to approve Tarceva, used for
patients with lung cancer. The FDA approved Tarceva in November 2004.
In the interim, 531,000 people with lung cancer died. Tarceva also
extends the effectiveness of an existing drug for pancreatic cancer,
and about 102,000 patients died from that disease during the FDA's
delay.

In June 2002, the FDA was requested to approve Bexxar for non-
Hodgkin's lymphoma. The FDA, after rejecting and delaying this highly
effective drug repeatedly over several years, finally approved it
under intense pressure from oncologists in June 2003. About 26,000
died during the delay without ever getting the chance to try the drug.
The FDA's regulatory hatchet job on Bexxar prior to its approval has
caused the drug to be dramatically underused, extending the damage
done by the agency's intransigence and incompetence.

In June 2002, the FDA was requested to approve Alimta for lung cancer
patients. The FDA didn't approve Alimta until February 2004. In the
interim, approximately 249,000 lung cancer patients died without the
chance of trying this drug to see if it would control their disease or
extend their life.

In June 2004, the FDA was requested to approve Tykerb for breast
cancer. The FDA didn't approve the drug until March 2007. About 25% of
breast cancers include the biomarker predictive of benefit from
Tykerb; nearly 28,000 women who had this marker died from their cancer
waiting for Tykerb. They would, according to the FDA, have each lived
an average of eight months longer. Long enough, perhaps, to see a
child graduate from college or get married, or to meet a new
grandchild.

The American Cancer Society reports that some 550,000 cancer patients
die annually, making the number of cancer deaths from 1997 to 2005
about 4.8 million. Over that same period, the FDA reports granting
individual access to an investigational drug to not more than 650
people per year for all diseases and drugs. A few thousand more
patients managed to gain access by enrolling in relatively small
clinical trials or exceedingly rare expanded access programs.

The bottom line is that patients have been callously abandoned to die,
denied access to progress by their own FDA at a time when they needed
it most, when their life was on the line. AND ... this is the very
same FDA that Ed Dolan reveres!!! Then again, most of us have come to
learn that head swollen Ed Dolan will never be accused of being
athinking, rational man.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #116  
Old August 30th 11, 09:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 4:59*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Aug 11, 7:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

It is an allusion to think that tyo can improve on what the doctor
prescribes. Before you know it, you will be consulting with witch doctors
and snake oil salesmen.
It is an illusion to think that a doctor knows all that there is to


know about everything. *One of my doctors has said that he has learned
much from his patients. *The point being made was that information is
there that you have not and are not wiling to avail yourself of
available information. *Anything that you can earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.

You are embarked on wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance your
long term prospects.
[...]


Your opinion has been noted for what it is ... fallacious. I will let
you in on a few things that if you weren't such a lazy ass, you'd be
able to learn for yourself. It is now generally accepted that 30-90%
of all cancer is diet related. There is a strong association of high
intake of Omega-6 fats and the occurrence of prostate cancer and the
degree of its aggressiveness. The fact is that nutrition plays a
major role in the sensitivity and likelihood of developing cancer.
The health of our DNA is nutrient dependent, as is our ability to
repair DNA damage. Cancer begins with mutated faulty genes. Free
radicals damage DNA, which when not repaired, is passed on through
replication. A shortage of antioxidants inhibit the DNA repair
process. Many cells have special cancer growth genes called
protooncogenes which if turned on from the unrepaired DNA causes
normal cells to be transformed into cancer cells that replicate
uncontrollably. What wakes up (read turns on) these genes and
precipitates cancer are viruses, chemicals, infections, radiation,
foreign bodies, and nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiency of
folate. Exposure to these causative factors result in the formation
of free radicals and chronic inflammation leading to cancer. Once
cancer cells are established they have an enormous appetite for
sugar,, iron and glutamate. A seaweed extract foo additive commonly
found in baked goods and ice cream, (CARRAGEENEN) promotes the
aggressive growth and spread of cancer by stimulating the COX-2
enzyme. I could go on and on here, but it should be obvious that I
know far more more about the biology of the disease than does Ed
Dolan, not that that in any way hinders him from running his mouth and
offering errant opinion stated as though fact.

Even if what you say is true, what good does it do me now after a lifetime
of eating dairy and red meat? Is the medical establishment now warning men
not to eat dairy and red meat? If so, I haven't seen or heard it.
In a word ... YES. *It is not what I say, but what medical researchers


and doctors now say. *As I have said all along, you haven't heard
because you haven't taken the time or made the effort required to hear
the message. *It is never too late to take some corrective measures to
improve one's health and well being.

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything advising men not to eat dairy or red
meat. This would be headline news if it were true. In fact, it would be on a
par with the campaign against tobacco.


You haven't heard because you have chosen not to hear. The campaign
against tobacco also was repressed and got off to a slow start after
the evidence was in and the truth were known. Much of this has to do
with deep pocket lobbying interest since a lot of money is at stake.
Regardless, the information is there for those who care to educate
themselves, but you are not among those that choose to be
enlightened. No surprise there.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #117  
Old September 1st 11, 10:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 4:59 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You are embarked on a wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance
your
long term prospects.
[...]


Your opinion has been noted for what it is ... fallacious. I will let

you in on a few things that if you weren't such a lazy ass, you'd be
able to learn for yourself. It is now generally accepted that 30-90%
of all cancer is diet related.

Yes, but over a lifetime. I could just as easily say that cancer is life
related. Live long enough and those cells will eventually go crazy somewhere
in your body.

There is a strong association of high

intake of Omega-6 fats and the occurrence of prostate cancer and the
degree of its aggressiveness. The fact is that nutrition plays a
major role in the sensitivity and likelihood of developing cancer.

All Americans have more or less the same diet. Yet all Americans do not get
cancer. Most especially, all men do not get prostate cancer, at least not to
the point where it is going to cause death.

The health of our DNA is nutrient dependent, as is our ability to

repair DNA damage. Cancer begins with mutated faulty genes. Free
radicals damage DNA, which when not repaired, is passed on through
replication. A shortage of antioxidants inhibit the DNA repair
process. Many cells have special cancer growth genes called
protooncogenes which if turned on from the unrepaired DNA causes
normal cells to be transformed into cancer cells that replicate
uncontrollably. What wakes up (read turns on) these genes and
precipitates cancer are viruses, chemicals, infections, radiation,
foreign bodies, and nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiency of
folate.

Nope, too many possible causes, which means cancer is still not understood.

Exposure to these causative factors result in the formation

of free radicals and chronic inflammation leading to cancer. Once
cancer cells are established they have an enormous appetite for
sugar,, iron and glutamate. A seaweed extract foo additive commonly
found in baked goods and ice cream, (CARRAGEENEN) promotes the
aggressive growth and spread of cancer by stimulating the COX-2
enzyme.

None of the above is known for sure. If it were, there would be a standard
treatment given to all cancer patients to prevent its reoccurrence.

I could go on and on here, but it should be obvious that I

know far more more about the biology of the disease than does Ed
Dolan, not that that in any way hinders him from running his mouth and
offering errant opinion stated as though fact.

"You are embarked on a wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance
your
long term prospects." - Ed Dolan
[...]

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything advising men not to eat dairy or
red
meat. This would be headline news if it were true. In fact, it would be on
a
par with the campaign against tobacco.


You haven't heard because you have chosen not to hear. The campaign

against tobacco also was repressed and got off to a slow start after
the evidence was in and the truth were known. Much of this has to do
with deep pocket lobbying interest since a lot of money is at stake.
Regardless, the information is there for those who care to educate
themselves, but you are not among those that choose to be
enlightened. No surprise there.

Ah yes, the old conspiracy notion of why things do not get done according to
so and so. No doubt the doctors want people to get sick too, otherwise they
would be out of business.

The main FACT you need to get acquainted with is that we are all victims of
whatever culture we live in. There is no escaping it unless you want to live
alone in the wilds of Alaska hunting and gathering like Chris McCandless of
"Into the Wild" (he died of food poisoning and starvation).

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



  #118  
Old September 1st 11, 10:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 5:12 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety,
not
crackpot "scientific researchers".


Says the crackpot know-it-all who expounds without hesitation about

subjects for which his knowledge is he is woefully deficient.

One distinct difference between Ed and myself is that I present what

Ed abhors ... FACTS, whereas Ed is admittedly all about opinion ...
namely, HIS. Not being in possession of the facts has never curtailed
Ed from running his mouth even when it is obvious to most that Ed
knows little or nothing of that about which he is speaking.

Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.

Ed Dolan has publicly gone on record to state that our food is safe

and the FDA ensures that it is. Ed's assertion is not supported by
the facts. As is customarily the case, Ed has chosen to run his mouth
without knowing what he's talking about. Ed, hasn't bothered to do the
research before spewing errant opinions as though they were facts.
Lets just take a cursory look at the safety of our food.

No, let's not! It is a waste of time and effort.

Only cranks concern themselves with food safety, unless you are being paid
to do it like the FDA.
[...]

The bottom line is that patients have been callously abandoned to die,

denied access to progress by their own FDA at a time when they needed
it most, when their life was on the line. AND ... this is the very
same FDA that Ed Dolan reveres!!! Then again, most of us have come to
learn that head swollen Ed Dolan will never be accused of being
athinking, rational man.

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it to
age 70 or above.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



  #119  
Old September 2nd 11, 03:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 1, 4:56*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
On Aug 12, 5:12 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety,
not
crackpot "scientific researchers".
Says the crackpot know-it-all who expounds without hesitation about


subjects for which his knowledge is he is woefully deficient.

One distinct difference between Ed and myself is that I present what


Ed abhors ... FACTS, whereas Ed is admittedly all about opinion ...
namely, HIS. Not being in possession of the facts has never curtailed
Ed from running his mouth even when it is obvious to most that Ed
knows little or nothing of that about which he is speaking.

Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.


Your opinion that known facts are not really facts is merely
camouflaged opinion stated as fact. Deletion of (presented facts) and
denial of such facts is a ludicrous effort to discredit what is
documented and accepted. Socrates taught that wisdom begins in the
recognition of how little we know. Every time you open your mouth,
you embarrass yourself by demonstrating how little you know and in so
doing diminish the sum total of your credibility. Keep up the good
work.

Ed Dolan has publicly gone on record to state that our food is safe


and the FDA ensures that it is. Ed's assertion is not supported by
the facts. As is customarily the case, Ed has chosen to run his mouth
without knowing what he's talking about. Ed, hasn't bothered to do the
research before spewing errant opinions as though they were facts.
Lets just take a cursory look at the safety of our food.

No, let's not! It is a waste of time and effort.


Contends Dolan in vain having been proven wrong in his assertions form
known and documented facts. Eds stubborn resistance to enlightenment
has become legendary.

Only cranks concern themselves with food safety, unless you are being paid
to do it like the FDA.


Only those concerned about their health and well being concern
themselves with food safety. They are understandably cautiously
skeptical of the FDA which has proven itself untrustworthy. Obviously
you can be counted among those who put their faith in the FDA with
heads firmly implanted in the sand.

The bottom line is that patients have been callously abandoned to die,


denied access to progress by their own FDA at a time when they needed
it most, when their life was on the line. AND ... this is the very
same FDA that Ed Dolan reveres!!! Then again, most of us have come to
learn that head swollen Ed Dolan will never be accused of being
a thinking, rational man.

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.


The bottom line is NOT that people become diseased and die every day
from cancer
and other conditions as a result of MERELY having lived, but rather
that we have lived not as well as we should have, having made choices
that limit our exposure to that which contributes to cumulative damage
of our DNA as we age, genetic mutation that triggers the onset of
disease, an indisputable fact that DOLAN refuses to acknowledge.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it to
age 70 or above.


Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but
diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumlates.

Jim

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #120  
Old September 2nd 11, 06:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 1, 4:53*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:59 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You are embarked on a wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance
your
long term prospects.
[...]
Your opinion has been noted for what it is ... fallacious. I will let


you in on a few things that if you weren't such a lazy ass, you'd be
able to learn for yourself. It is now generally accepted that 30-90%
of all cancer is diet related.

Yes, but over a lifetime. I could just as easily say that cancer is life
related. Live long enough and those cells will eventually go crazy somewhere
in your body.


Cancer is more than merely life related. It is life choice realated.

There is a strong association of high


intake of Omega-6 fats and the occurrence of prostate cancer and the
degree of its aggressiveness. The fact is that nutrition plays a
major role in the sensitivity and likelihood of developing cancer.

All Americans have more or less the same diet.


This is an absolutely false statement. Various ethnicities have
different diets and the health conscious eat more organically and then
there are the vegetarians and vegans.

Yet all Americans do not get
cancer. Most especially, all men do not get prostate cancer, at least not to
the point where it is going to cause death.


First off, cancer is not American-centric as I have previously
indicated. All Americans do not get cancer, but all to many do! The
percentage of men getting prostate cancer is very high and the trend
is for prostate cancer to be contracted earlier than in the past. Why
do you think that is? As concerns death, most prostate cancer is a
slow growing non-aggressive form that allows for other maladies to
cause death before prostate cancet does, so your point is rendered
moot.

The health of our DNA is nutrient dependent, as is our ability to


repair DNA damage. Cancer begins with mutated faulty genes. Free
radicals damage DNA, which when not repaired, is passed on through
replication. A shortage of antioxidants inhibit the DNA repair
process. Many cells have special cancer growth genes called
protooncogenes which if turned on from the unrepaired DNA causes
normal cells to be transformed into cancer cells that replicate
uncontrollably. What wakes up (read turns on) these genes and
precipitates cancer are viruses, chemicals, infections, radiation,
foreign bodies, and nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiency of
folate.

Nope, too many possible causes, which means cancer is still not understood.


In your opinion you forgot to add. Much is yet to be learned about
the disease, but what is know is that which you stubbornly refuse to
acknowledge. Of course, you are entitled to your ignorance.

Exposure to these causative factors result in the formation


of free radicals and chronic inflammation leading to cancer. Once
cancer cells are established they have an enormous appetite for
sugar,, iron and glutamate. A seaweed extract foo additive commonly
found in baked goods and ice cream, (CARRAGEENEN) promotes the
aggressive growth and spread of cancer by stimulating the COX-2
enzyme.

None of the above is known for sure. If it were, there would be a standard
treatment given to all cancer patients to prevent its reoccurrence.


First off, not all cancers are created equal and require the same
treatment. Protocol for treatment is somewhat standardized. It is
called standard of care, but that evolves as more is learned of the
disease. Regardless, your conclusion does not strictly follow from
your premise. This is a logicl fallacy known as a non-sequitor, one
of your favorites.

I could go on and on here, but it should be obvious that I


know far more more about the biology of the disease than does Ed
Dolan, not that that in any way hinders him from running his mouth and
offering errant opinion stated as though fact.

"You are embarked on a wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance
your
long term prospects." - Ed Dolan


Repeating your copy and paste fallacious assertion does not make it
so. Argumentum ad nauseam (argument to the point of disgust; i.e., by
repitition). This is the logical fallacy of trying to prove something
by saying it again and again. No matter how many times you repeat
something, it will not become any more true than it was with the
initial utterance.

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything advising men not to eat dairy or
red
meat. This would be headline news if it were true. In fact, it would be on
a
par with the campaign against tobacco.
You haven't heard because you have chosen not to hear. The campaign


against tobacco also was repressed and got off to a slow start after
the evidence was in and the truth were known. Much of this has to do
with deep pocket lobbying interest since a lot of money is at stake.
Regardless, the information is there for those who care to educate
themselves, but you are not among those that choose to be
enlightened. No surprise there.

Ah yes, the old conspiracy notion of why things do not get done according to
so and so. No doubt the doctors want people to get sick too, otherwise they
would be out of business.


You are putting words in my mout. I didnt; sate that octors want
people to get sick too so they would have patients to attend to, but
lobbying interess abacke my money are a fact of life that will always
be with us. That much is a given.

The main FACT you need to get acquainted with is that we are all victims of
whatever culture we live in. There is no escaping it unless you want to live
alone in the wilds of Alaska hunting and gathering like Chris McCandless of
"Into the Wild" (he died of food poisoning and starvation).


A single person who dies of food posioning and/or starvation does not
to bolster your argument in the least. The main FACT that you need to
get acquainted with is that we need not be enslaved by the culture
that we born into and live in. Truth be told, it is becoming tedious
to attempt to reason with a man so unreasonable.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.