A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Recumbent Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old July 31st 11, 12:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 813
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On 7/24/2011 8:37 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
""T�m " wrote in message
...
On 7/22/2011 4:05 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I know it is more expensive than regular grown food. Billions of people
would starve to death if they had to depend on organic grown food.[...]


Wrong again. The so called "green revolution" of introducing
herbicide/pesticide intensive mono-crop agriculture into the developing
nations has been a disaster for both food production and the livelihood of
farmers. Diverse organic farming produces *more* food per acre than
industrial farming.


The green revolution is what has prevented many millions of people from
starving to death. Malthus is ever correct. His predictions have just been
postponed because of things like the "green revolution " which he could not
have foreseen. Mass starvation is in everyone's future.

However, the multinational agribusinesses and their banking backers have
made out like bandits at the expense of the proletariat.


Why can't Africa feed itself?

Because the continent is run by Western bankers and their indigenous
collaborators, and these psychopaths care not how much human misery they
cause.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Ads
  #72  
Old July 31st 11, 08:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

""Tm [email protected]"" " wrote in message
...
On 7/28/2011 12:58 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]


Edward Dolan wrote:

Always remember, a little learning is a dangerous thing!


With a little learning, you might not be such a close-minded,
opinionated blockhead.


Uh, you are referring to Mr. Ed Dolan here?


Too much learning on your own and you become an idiot, Mr. Tom Sherman being
the prime example hereabouts. Everyone needs guidance in learning from
superior God like intellects .... such as Ed Dolan the Great!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #73  
Old July 31st 11, 08:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

""Tm [email protected]"" " wrote in message
...
On 7/24/2011 8:37 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The green revolution is what has prevented many millions of people from
starving to death. Malthus is ever correct. His predictions have just
been
postponed because of things like the "green revolution " which he could
not
have foreseen. Mass starvation is in everyone's future.

However, the multinational agribusinesses and their banking backers have
made out like bandits at the expense of the proletariat.


Why can't Africa feed itself?

Because the continent is run by Western bankers and their indigenous
collaborators, and these psychopaths care not how much human misery they
cause.


Africa can't feed itself because of the indigenous political corruption. It
is a continent run by thugs, ever the consequence of tribal societies that
do not have a clue about democratic institutions and free enterprise
capitalism. I say ****'em ... and **** you to for being such an idiot!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #74  
Old August 2nd 11, 06:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 29, 5:33*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Jul 28, 2:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The FDA determines whether foods are safe or not, not food cranks who
write
for magazines like Prevention.
The FDA sets compliance guidelines limiting the amount of contaminants


in food, but allows a percentage of mold, parasites, rodent hairs,
animal droppings (feces), insect droppings (feces), insect parts,
insect eggs maggots, whole insects, sand and grit, sticks and stones,
and even cigarette butts. *A small percent Ed might counter. *Well,
think again. *A University of Ohio fact study estimates that on
average a person consumes from one to two pounds of insects each year,
without even knowing it.

So much for the FDA and Food, but what about drugs, Ed might say?
Well, Fen Phen, Redux, Seldane, Posicor, Duract, Hismanal, Rezulin,


Propulsid, Lotronex, Raplon, Baycol, and Raxar are the so-called dirty
dozen drugs that the FDA pulled from the market from 1997 to 2001
because they caused a whole bunch of problems, all of which had
lawsuits attached to them. In some cases, these medicines were on the
market for over twenty years, which seems way to long after known
health adverse reactions occurred. Some of these adverse reactions
only took months to get the medicines removed.
[...]

More of the same on and on.

Unlike Ed, I don't state opinions as though they were facts. *Unlike


Ed, I corroborate my statements. *When I argue, I cite facts and I
have cited enough facts above to indicate that Ed's faith in the FDA
is questionable.

I can see you are well underway to becoming a crackpot on food and health
issues. This is a fate that often befalls those who for the first time in
their lives feel threatened by their own mortality. Have fun! It might make
a difference on the margin, but I doubt it.


You are blind to research concerning food and health because you are
too lazy to take the time to become informed and enlightened ...ever
the the choice of the ignorant.

The bottom line is that no one will listen to you because you lack the
necessary credentials. If you ever start proselytizing, you could become
dangerous and a menace to others.


Well NO ... the bottom line is that people are more likely to listen
to someone like myself who cites others with credential than to listen
to someone like yourself who is devoid of credential and who refuses
to avail himself published research states opinion not based on fact
without any attempt to corroborate his errant statements.
Proselytizing I will leave to you. That's your thing, not mine.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #75  
Old August 2nd 11, 06:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 29, 5:46*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Jul 28, 2:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Health care costs are outrageously expensive. The Damn Dems (Obama Care)
never know how to fix anything. America badly needs a single payer system
like they have in Canada and the UK. However, some folks still believe
that
health care is NOT a right!
Diversion duly noted. Healthcare is expensive everywhere, but the


point was that the food we eat contributes to good or bad health and
when bad, inflates health care costs .

Lots of other factors contribute to poor health besides what foods we eat..


Attempted diversion duly noted. Yes, other factors also contribute to
poor health but that does not contradict the point that my statement
made ... that the food that we eat contributes to good or bad health
and when bad, inflates health care costs, I might add that your
beloved governmental powers that be, including your beloved FDA do not
ensure the safety of the food that you consume. Allow me to just
touch briefly on just chickens and eggs for example...

Four studies implementing a plant-based diet and exercise following
prostate cancer diagnosis found a decrease in prostate cancer
progression rates.

Drugs are given to chickens to combat parasites that thrive in factory
farming conditions. Chemicals linked to cancer and birth defects have
been found in eggs and chicken portions. The chemical residue from
drugs given to chickens are regarded as too dangerous for use in human
medicine. Sloppy farming methods and inadequate checks by government
officials had allowed them to get into the food chain.

The drugs include nicarbazin, known to cause birth defects and
hormonal problems in animals, and lasalocid, linked to heart problems.
A third drug, dimetridazole (DMZ), has never been properly evaluated,
but there are concerns it can cause birth defects and cancer. Some of
the drugs are also said to interfere with the working of prescription
medicines. The Government insisted there was no risk.

Close to 20 per cent of chicken livers and 10 per cent of the eggs
checked in government tests contained residues of the drugs. That
amounts to 160 million affected chickens sold in the last 12 months
and 985 million eggs.

Nicarbazin has been found above recommended levels in 18 per cent of
chicken livers. In one sample, the level was 50 times higher.
Nicarbazin was also in 2 per cent of eggs. Lasalocid is not licensed
for laying hens, however it was found in 8.5 per cent of sampled egg
batches and 12 per cent of chicken muscle samples.

DMZ was in 0.5 per cent of eggs despite the fact it is not allowed in
feed given to laying hens.

As concerns your often cited assertion that one should eat a variety
of food in moderation, I have contended that some food should not be
consumed even in moderation and especially foods know to be
particularly harmful to person with certain afflictions. In one
study, approximately 1300 men diagnosed with prostate cancer were
followed for two years to document their dietary patterns and
recurrence or progression of their disease. In this study, two
specific animal foods were found to be risky - the men that ate the
most eggs or poultry with skin were twice as likely to have their
disease recur or progress.

This study makes three important points.

1. Diet DOES MATTER (Despite your claim to the contrary), even after a
prostate cancer diagnosis

2. There is something in chicken, specifically in the crispy outer
portion and skin that is powerfully cancer-inducing. Heterocyclic
amines, carcinogenic compounds that are formed when meat is cooked at
high temperatures, are a probable culprit. A November 2009 study of
175,000 men showed an increase in prostate cancer risk with
consumption of barbequed and grilled meat.

3. Consumption of eggs and egg whites is not without risk. Eggs are
high in animal protein, which has been linked to cancers. Our
populations idea that more protein is favorable and that egg (whites)
are the perfect food does not hold up to scrutiny. Eggs also could
affect prostate cancer due to their high choline content egg
consumption increases the amount of choline in the plasma, and high
plasma choline increases prostate cancer risk.

I have friend in the UK and if


you really want decent health care you have to still pay out of
pocket. *My friend couldn't even get a routine PSA test approved in
the UK.

A primary care doctor will determine what is routine and what is not
routine, not the patient.


WRONG again! A patient needs to assume a role in his or her health
care. A PSA test is considered fairly routine In the US and certain
other Western countries In the UK, neither the patient nor the doctor
determine what is "routine". The socialized medicine bureaucracy
makes that determination Do you every take the time and/or make the
effort to familiarize yourself with the facts before seizing the
opportunity to run your mouth and embarrass yourself in a public
forum? Stating something as fact when such statement contradicts the
fact is ludicrous, but you do so like play the role of clown.

Health care in the UK is not all it is cracked up to be. I


know nothing though about how well implemented in places like Cananda
or Sweden,

Americans want way too much when it comes to health care. All we have a
right to is garden variety health care.


I your not so humble opinion you forgot to add.

But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.


The VA health care system is a government run taxpayer subsidized
heathcare system. It may appear inexpensive to your the veteran, but
in reality it is not.

Will you ever get up to speed or are we destined to listen to you
dogmatically lecture ex cathedra regarding topics you know little
about. One of your most annoying traits is your insistence to speak
with "authority" regarding things about which you know little and
about which you have no intention to learn anything more. Is this the
measure of your alleged greatness? You are a piece of work.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #76  
Old August 2nd 11, 06:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 29, 5:57*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

....
On Jul 28, 2:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in
fact.
The purpose of a newsgroup does exist in fact, *It is just that trolls


like you invest a newsgroup, make it their cyber-playpen and are even so
bold as to erroneously state that fun and games is the sole purpose
of a newsgroup. *Sound familiar?

I remember how Ed Gin and you managed to sidetrack completely the purpose of
ARBR.


You didn't answer my question. Furthermore, Ed Gin has nothing to do
with this issue. You still have your hangups about the guy, but I'll
not journey down that road with you agian having done so too many
times already. Your obsession is your deamon to wrestle with and I
can't help p you there.

In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.
Well a moderator would at least corral the likes of your ilk. *That's


a given

A moderator would never have permitted your feud with Ed Gin to take place
on ARBR.


A moderator would never have permitted your feud with Tom Sherman.

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.
So you say. *Even if this were true, and that is up for debate, you


take pride in that which in the greater scheme of things means so very
little, really.

Usenet is for fun and games only.


.... in you jaded, errant opinion often cited and never convincing not
matter ho many times masticated and regurgitated.

Even Tom Sherman has come to that
conclusion.


Putting word in Tom's mouth now are you?

If you are not here for your own personal amusement, then you
know next to nothing about human nature.


If you are hear only for you own earsonal amusement, you are
egocentric, self-indulgent, and know next to nothing about the true
purpose of a newsgroup.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #77  
Old August 2nd 11, 07:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 29, 6:14*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Jul 28, 2:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.
So you say a comfortable distance from behind a monitor and keyboard.


You do not know how to play with ideas. It is why you are always behind the
eight ball when it comes to someone like me who does know how to play.


Opinion stated as fact.

In real life I would not give you the time of day, nor you me. *The beauty of
Usenet is that total strangers can confront one another in an unfriendly
fashion, something you do not have a clue about. Tom Sherman is far more up
to speed on Usenet than you.


Say the myopic visionary., the Internet and Usenet are not all about
confrontation.

You have never enjoyed Usenet.


Oh, but I do. I just don;t enjoy trolls like you and by now you
should realize that I am not alone in that respect.

It is why you should leave.


Trolls are who sholdu leave.

You want friendly
personal relationships even in cyber space.


No, but on topic civility is not to much to ask.

I don't. I want confrontation and animosity.



Exactly and that;s what all trolls want.

I love to kick ass on Usenet.


In cowardly fashion, at a distance from behind a monitor and keyboard.

Just ask Tom Sherman. We are in
a contest to see if his dumb ass is harder than my foot.


You head would win out ... harder that either!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #78  
Old August 2nd 11, 07:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 30, 6:49*pm, "Tm [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/28/2011 12:58 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
* [...]

Always remember, a little learning is a dangerous thing!

With a little learning, you might not be such a close-minded,
opinionated blockhead.


Uh, you are referring to Mr. Ed Dolan here?


OOPS ... a Freudian slip on Ed's ... I presume!

Tm Shermn - 42.435731N, 83.985007W
I am a vehicular cyclist.


  #79  
Old August 2nd 11, 07:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
...
On Jul 29, 5:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I can see you are well underway to becoming a crackpot on food and health
issues. This is a fate that often befalls those who for the first time in
their lives feel threatened by their own mortality. Have fun! It might
make
a difference on the margin, but I doubt it.


You are blind to research concerning food and health because you are

too lazy to take the time to become informed and enlightened ...ever
the the choice of the ignorant.

I once did what you are presently doing and came to the conclusion that it
was all crackpotism. You will come to that conclusion too when nothing you
do seems to help. Take your meds and forget all that food and health crap.

The bottom line is that no one will listen to you because you lack the
necessary credentials. If you ever start proselytizing, you could become
dangerous and a menace to others.


Well NO ... the bottom line is that people are more likely to listen

to someone like myself who cites others with credential than to listen
to someone like yourself who is devoid of credential and who refuses
to avail himself published research states opinion not based on fact
without any attempt to corroborate his errant statements.
Proselytizing I will leave to you. That's your thing, not mine.

You would need an advanced degree in the subjects and be affiliated with a
prestigious institution of higher learning. You would also have to have the
respect of your peers in the subjects involved. Barring any of the above,
you are hopelessly at sea.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



  #80  
Old August 2nd 11, 07:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
...
On Jul 29, 5:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Lots of other factors contribute to poor health besides what foods we eat.


Attempted diversion duly noted. Yes, other factors also contribute to

poor health but that does not contradict the point that my statement
made ... that the food that we eat contributes to good or bad health
and when bad, inflates health care costs, I might add that your
beloved governmental powers that be, including your beloved FDA do not
ensure the safety of the food that you consume. Allow me to just
touch briefly on just chickens and eggs for example...

Blah, blah, blah ...
[...]

I never ate any chicken or eggs hardly in my life and yet I got prostate
cancer. As to how much it will effect progression and/or recurrence of the
disease, hard to say ... isn't it? If I liked chicken or eggs I would eat
them and say to hell with the cancer.

A primary care doctor will determine what is routine and what is not
routine, not the patient.


WRONG again! A patient needs to assume a role in his or her health

care. A PSA test is considered fairly routine In the US and certain
other Western countries In the UK, neither the patient nor the doctor
determine what is "routine". The socialized medicine bureaucracy
makes that determination Do you every take the time and/or make the
effort to familiarize yourself with the facts before seizing the
opportunity to run your mouth and embarrass yourself in a public
forum? Stating something as fact when such statement contradicts the
fact is ludicrous, but you do so like play the role of clown.

The primary care doctor will follow whatever the medical bureaucracy has
determined to be routine. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Your problem is that you assume that you know more than everyone else based
on a few months reading of questionable literature. Fools rush in where
angels fear to tread. Also, a little learning is a dangerous thing. Or did I
already say that once or twice before.
[...]

But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.


The VA health care system is a government run taxpayer subsidized

heathcare system. It may appear inexpensive to your the veteran, but
in reality it is not.

It was also paid for by my years serving in the military at slave wages.
Even so, it is relatively inexpensive compared to all other systems of
health care delivery.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.