SCIATICA AND KNEES

Old November 17th 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
LF

Default SCIATICA AND KNEES

Hi Mike,
I've had the host of age and/or cycling related aches and pains: knee, lower back,hip, etc. Knee problems started 25 years ago, back problems 5 years earlier (L4-L5). I've tried lots of remedies: rest, custom orthodics, aline orthodics (my favorite), stretches,ice, ibuprofin, to name a few.

I read "Born to Run" over a year ago, and it made sense to me: feet, ankles, knees, hips are all part of one interconnected system; and shoes make us walk in an unnatural way, leading to aches and pains.

I eased into Merrell's "barefoot running shoes" (after finding 5-fingers too weird) for daily use and for cycling, and continue daily stretches, and judicious chiropractic. So far, so good. Feel better, stronger, pain free.

YMMV,
Larry
Old November 17th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
LF

P.S.

I also use a standing desk when possible, and think the "cave man squat" is better for us then chairs.

Larry

Knees (again) Dan General 7 September 15th 08 01:09 PM
Sciatica: 1st-hand experience Roger Zoul General 17 November 4th 05 01:33 PM
Saddles and Sciatica [email protected] UK 4 March 18th 05 09:58 AM
Sciatica - My story and a question: How do YOU manage it? Appkiller General 8 June 28th 04 05:22 PM
knees again Ian Recumbent Biking 16 December 12th 03 03:33 PM