Driver attacked cyclist: Middlesbrough

Old September 22nd 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jon

Default Driver attacked cyclist: Middlesbrough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5369046.stm

Driver chased a cyclist and knocked him off, causing injuries.

Old September 22nd 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

Sad, dissapointed but not surprised at this news of a possible ocurrence.

Aggression and awful/ dangerously offensive behaviour against vulnerable
road users and peds. on our roads is frankly far too frequent. I'm
sometimes on the receiving end of it driving, when on foot and I often get
it when out cycling.

If our cops were remotely interested in enforcement against law breaking, if
our government was ever to take a position against law breakers I'd have
some hope but quite honestly I just wish some cyclist would use an RPG on
one of the cowsons in BMW's.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

ps.com...

Old September 22nd 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Maurice Wibblington

On 22 Sep 2006 07:22:45 -0700, "Jon"
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5369046.stm

Driver chased a cyclist and knocked him off, causing injuries.

Have you ever been to Middlesbrough? Page 32 on the local newspaper
I'd have thought.... ;-)

Old September 22nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5369046.stm

Driver chased a cyclist and knocked him off, causing injuries.

Have you ever been to Middlesbrough? Page 32 on the local newspaper
I'd have thought.... ;-)

Glad to see that there was something referred to as a "female" in the
vehicle. They are always a moderating influence. In the genes, I
expect. Think how bad it might have been without her presence.

I was speaking to a bloke in a shop today, about this and that and
cycling, when he showed me the scars on the back and side of his head
from a few years back. A motorist had cut him up in traffic, and the
cyclist had sworn at him, and pedalled on. He stopped at the lights and
next thing he knew, he felt a strange sensation and was lying in the
gutter. Aggrieved motorist, in righteous anger, had lammed him with a
steering-wheel lock (he thinks).

Friends said "Why weren't you wearing your helmet?" He reckoned that
the sociopath wouldn't have hit the helmet, but might have swung at his
neck, and the injuries could have been worse or indeed the worst.

Has anybody got any "angry cyclist cripples car-driving waste of space"
stories, just for a change? Or even "angry cyclist completely loses it
and hammers car-driving innocent nun or peaceful imam."

Old September 23rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Hearns

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:17:58 +0000, John Clayton wrote:

If our cops were remotely interested in enforcement against law breaking,
if our government was ever to take a position against law breakers I'd
have some hope but quite honestly I just wish some cyclist would use an
RPG on one of the cowsons in BMW's.

You can but dream:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mjh/spike.html

Old September 23rd 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Kane

Squashme wrote:

Has anybody got any "angry cyclist cripples car-driving waste of space"
stories, just for a change? Or even "angry cyclist completely loses it
and hammers car-driving innocent nun or peaceful imam."

Nope but one day when I got cut off very badly I managed a very strong
slatp on the trunk (boot) of the car. Very startled (scared?) driver
and a "well done" from a following cyclist.

Oh , yes and the charging a couple of idiots who had cut me off on a
blind corner in deep snow one day . It was right beside an
elementary school and I think the yahoos had thought they were scaring
a 10 year old. A snow-covered, bearded and infuriated man charging
towards them with a bike make for their very fast get away. Thank
heavens, since I have no idea of what I would have done if I caught
them

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Old September 23rd 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

John Kane wrote:
Squashme wrote:

Has anybody got any "angry cyclist cripples car-driving waste of space"
stories, just for a change? Or even "angry cyclist completely loses it
and hammers car-driving innocent nun or peaceful imam."

Nope but one day when I got cut off very badly I managed a very strong
slatp on the trunk (boot) of the car. Very startled (scared?) driver
and a "well done" from a following cyclist.

Oh , yes and the charging a couple of idiots who had cut me off on a
blind corner in deep snow one day . It was right beside an
elementary school and I think the yahoos had thought they were scaring
a 10 year old. A snow-covered, bearded and infuriated man charging
towards them with a bike make for their very fast get away. Thank
heavens, since I have no idea of what I would have done if I caught
them

A small truck cut me up on a corner a few years ago, so I punched it.
Guess what happened?
Truck oblivious and my tiny paw hurt somewhat.

Old September 23rd 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr R@t \(2.30zu\)

Has anybody got any "angry cyclist cripples car-driving waste of space"
stories, just for a change? Or even "angry cyclist completely loses it
and hammers car-driving innocent nun or peaceful imam."

Lowestoft police are investigating another road rage incident where a
52-year-old driver was punched in the face by an irate cyclist in Millennium
Way.

The driver became embroiled in a row with the cyclist as he drove his dark
blue car southbound, towards the roundabout that links Oulton Road with Peto
Way.

As he got closer to the roundabout a cyclist came off the cycle path onto
the road. The pair clashed and the driver was punched through his open
window, although he did not require medical treatment.

The suspect is described as a white male, with a tanned complexion, in his
late 30s to mid 40s, with mousy brown, greying hair. He was riding a bright
red mountain bike.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/search/story....ategory=search

Alex
--
Mr R@T / General Lighting
Ipswich, Suffolk, Untied Kingdom

Old September 24th 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Mr R@t (2.30zu) wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that, although I feel that "he did not require medical
treatment" takes some of the pleasure away. Still our hard-pressed
medical services will be grateful.

Old September 24th 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

****, I hope my dreams aren't pathetic nerdy crap like that drivel.