Descending Snowdon 28-12

Old December 29th 05, 01:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Descending Snowdon 28-12

Guys

If you were the team descending Snowdon yesterday via the Llanberis path on
your Uni's let me know as I have the photos. We spoke near to the shelter on
the summit ridge

Steve

--
-------
We don't stop playing because we get old

Old December 29th 05, 01:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It was Richard (Loosemoose) and crowd. They are away until after the
Newyear. :-)

--
rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Old December 30th 05, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hahaha, thats genius, yeah that was Me, Dave (Kington99), Alex Smout and
Rupert Millard, with Phil Marshall and Leigh walking the same route we
took. I'm SOOO achey today though, even 2 days later!

I'm now of the opinion that my 26" LM makes the best muni experience,
even if the weight of it strapped to my backpack meant my shoulders are
still sore today. I've got some video, and there are pictures on
Leigh's and Phil's cameras, and i'll get them asap and post them.

An excellent trip, easily the best conditions I've ever seen on
snowdon, and I'm planning on taking an experienced group of riders up
the same route near easter, more details when I've located campsites
and decided on a minimum skill/equipment level.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old December 30th 05, 08:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thanks Steve, I was one of the team, any photos would be greatly
appreciated, probably best to send them to Loosemoose as he usually
complies the media from a ride.

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 31st 05, 11:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I thought this might amuse someone LOOK WHAT I DID TO MY DAMN FOOT!
Believe it or not this was the result of a planned stationary dismount
on level ground near the summit. This photo is three days later, and
yes of course i still rode the rest of the way down. Off to physio
tomorrow, oh well...

|Filename: Photo-0081(small).JPG |

kington99

Dave

Old January 1st 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

kington99 wrote:
I thought this might amuse someone LOOK WHAT I DID TO MY DAMN FOOT!
Believe it or not this was the result of a planned stationary dismount
on level ground near the summit. This photo is three days later, and
yes of course i still rode the rest of the way down. Off to physio
tomorrow, oh well...

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Mike

--
swarbrim

add me at
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old January 1st 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Guys

You can find the photos at

http://www.walkingoutdoors.co.uk/Steve/Snowdon2005/

I didn't get the video as the camera was in photo mode and not video mode
unfortunately of one of the team falling off and sliding on the ice

It was great to see such an event on the hillside. Normally it's only
mountains bikers and walkers on Snowdon.

I bought a Uni in 2004 and mastered the art of falling off after about 12
feet. Since then its been in the shed gathering dust. I promised myself I'd
learn how to use it properly so there's another new years resolution broke

All the best

Steve

"swarbrim" wrote in
message
news:2cc896b6a6729dbfba10e69584acaf3d.20xo81@NoEma il.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com...

Old January 1st 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Cheers for those Steve, now I've seen the location of the photos I know
who you are. I love the last photo of Rupert on the floor, it took a
short while for me to figure out what was actually going on in that
photo. I deffinitely suggest you dig that old uni out of your shed, you
could join us on next winter's trip with some moderate practice, once
you crack the basics it's really not all that hard.

--
kington99

Dave

Old January 14th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

enter random non-unicyclist I've got a couple of snaps too - we were
the walkers with the blue/yellow TeamNutter LandRover. I'll upload them
to the web if you're interested (but I'm not on my PC at the moment)

--
TeamNutter
TeamNutter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11503

Old January 16th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah if you could that would be great, sorry i I didn't see your post
until just now.

--
kington99

Dave