Tube troubles.

Old January 21st 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Tube troubles.

I have recently popped my tube in a 24x3 DH tube. It broke at the point
where the valve stem meets the tube. I figured I may have been riding
with too little air pressure, on a surface that had good traction, and
the tire/tube slipped inside the rim.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? If so, any suggestion?

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

Old January 21st 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

higher pressure would help. also get a new tube with a ring like a
presta tube. i know osme DH tubes have that the specifically prevent
what happened to yours.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old January 21st 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It's happened twice to me, once with a very new tube. Never happened
since though. It's the only problem I've ever had with tubes.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Disclaimer: Everything I post (unless otherwise stated) is my own
opinion, based on stuff that I've learned over the years.

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old January 21st 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thanks. I'll try the presta valve.

Old January 21st 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Tim Morin wrote:
Thanks. I'll try the presta valve.

Well, one of my tube/valve problems was on the 29er and the tube had a
presta valve.

Cathy

Old January 21st 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It sounds like the valve stem wasn't centered and so the rim ended up
cutting it off. Next time take off the tire and reposition the tube if
it isn't centered.

--
carsonpalooza

I just wear bike shorts...* the tight kind*
That site is making me drool.
-Dave aka fcwegnm0b
carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

Old January 25th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That's what I'll do next time. It sucks to be out in the woods, and
have your tire deflate on ya.

Thanks.