Wine with non-Helmeted Cyclist on Label Banned in Alabama

Old July 27th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Wine with non-Helmeted Cyclist on Label Banned in Alabama

Peter Cole wrote:
Still Just Me - wrote:

Of course, just having the bigoted Jeff Sessions as Senator gives them
a lead few states can even attempt to challenge.

Alabama is more backward than 1895 France. No surprise.

I had a friend that lived for many years as a child and teenager in
Alabama while her father was stationed there in the air force. I visited
her a few years ago in Maryland, and she was talking about when they
moved to Alabama in the 1960's and her mom went to the laundromat to do
laundry, after moving down south from Massachusetts. A woman in the
laundromat tried to stop her from putting a load of clothes in one
machine, explaining that the machine she was trying to use was for
"coloreds." Her mom told the woman that it was fine, she had put her
white clothes in the machine marked "Whites" and her colored clothes in
the machine marked "Coloreds."
Old July 28th 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:35:38 -0700, SMS
wrote:

"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

That wine sponsors a bike racing team in my town.

Old July 28th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Still Just Me - wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:58:59 -0700, SMS
wrote:

I had a friend that lived for many years as a child and teenager in
Alabama while her father was stationed there in the air force. I visited
her a few years ago in Maryland, and she was talking about when they
moved to Alabama in the 1960's and her mom went to the laundromat to do
laundry, after moving down south from Massachusetts. A woman in the
laundromat tried to stop her from putting a load of clothes in one
machine, explaining that the machine she was trying to use was for
"coloreds." Her mom told the woman that it was fine, she had put her
white clothes in the machine marked "Whites" and her colored clothes in
the machine marked "Coloreds."

Great story. I'm surprised it didn't get her a burning cross on the
front lawn though.

I doubt it. She didn't do it to make a statement, she did it because she
honestly thought that the laundromat wanted customers to separate their
colors from their whites. Now if a black person had put their white
clothes in the machine marked "whites" that would have been a different
story.

In Florida, where I grew up, I wondered why the department store where
my grandfather worked had two sets of restrooms and two water fountains
right next to each other. By that time they had ended that sort of
segregation and just kept all the restrooms open. My mom told me that my
older brother had once demanded that he be allowed to drink "colored"
water at the water fountain. What kid wouldn't want colored water as
opposed to clear water?
Old July 28th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
SMS wrote:

"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

I've had that wine and quite enjoyed it.

Old July 28th 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Andrew Muzi wrote:
SMS a bien réfléchi et puis a déclaré:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

Sandy wrote:
If anything is clearly objectionable, it is the taking of a prize for
the label, when it is not the work of the prize's recipient. I don't
think that adding "Pinot noir" makes it a new graphic.

We have a news clip on our clip wall of a California vintner whose label
art of a reclining nude was rejected. The artist tried again, removing
the 'offensive' flesh. Yep, a reclining skeleton in the same
composition. Also rejected.[...]

The upright mafia strikes again!

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Celebrity culture is an opposite of community, informing us
Old July 28th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

ru4linux2 wrote:
On Jul 27, 10:35 am, SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

To make so much fuss about ONE PERSON who is, "posed in an immodest or
sensuous manner", seems rather ridiculous to me.

Why don't we focus more on what it causing Honey Bees to vanish,
globally and what effect that could have on humanity.

Call up Nissan and complain:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/build-yourself/99954d1207707707-my-very-own-grapples-honey_bee.jpg.

Old July 28th 09, 12:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Jul 27, 8:55*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,

*SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

I've had that wine and quite enjoyed it.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

I hope it didn't taste like post--ride sweat under a female cyclist's
breast (as the label would have you assume)?
Old July 28th 09, 12:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
robertsrg

SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

I've had that wine and quite enjoyed it.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

I hope it didn't taste like post--ride sweat under a female cyclist's
breast (as the label would have you assume)?

Speak for yourself........ Not everyone is as sick and twisted as you. LOL

Old July 28th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

I've had that wine and quite enjoyed it.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

I hope it didn't taste like post--ride sweat under a female cyclist's
breast (as the label would have you assume)?

Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Old July 28th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Jay Beattie

*SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"
I've had that wine and quite enjoyed it.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

*I hope it didn't taste like post--ride sweat under a female cyclist's
breast (as the label would have you assume)?

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Well, there goes our PG rating! -- Jay Beattie.