Rear derailleur hanger replacement ! HELP !

Old February 16th 04, 01:11 AM
veovis

Default Rear derailleur hanger replacement ! HELP !

One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its replacement,
first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply put I am
completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding /
searching this replacement ?
Old February 16th 04, 01:43 AM
Slacker

veovis wrote:
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its replacement,
first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply put I am
completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding /
searching this replacement ?

What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0

Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer
because hangers are frame specific parts, usually only available from a
dealer.
--
Slacker

Old February 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Ride-A-Lot

http://derailleurhanger.com/

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old February 16th 04, 03:13 AM
Penny S

Slacker retorted :
veovis wrote:
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its
replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and
simply put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP
me finding / searching this replacement ?

What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0

Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer
because hangers are frame specific parts, usually only available from
a dealer.

um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

Old February 16th 04, 03:37 AM
Slacker

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
veovis wrote:
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its
replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and
simply put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP
me finding / searching this replacement ?

http://derailleurhanger.com/

Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.

Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address
anywhere on their website.
--
Slacker

Old February 16th 04, 03:45 AM
Slacker

Penny S wrote:
Slacker retorted :
veovis wrote:
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its
replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and
simply put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP
me finding / searching this replacement ?

What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0

Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer
because hangers are frame specific parts, usually only available from
a dealer.

um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

Basically true, but if you don't have the disposable income, you gotta make
do.
--
Slacker

Old February 16th 04, 04:25 AM
Dave W

"Slacker" had this to say

Penny S wrote:
Slacker retorted :
veovis wrote:
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its
replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and
simply put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please
HELP me finding / searching this replacement ?

What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0

Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep
dealer because hangers are frame specific parts, usually only
available from a dealer.

um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

Basically true, but if you don't have the disposable income, you gotta
make do.
--
Slacker

Spounds like a Wal Mart bike ad.

Old February 16th 04, 05:18 AM
Shawn Curry

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
veovis wrote:

One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its replacement,
first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply put I am
completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding /
searching this replacement ?

http://derailleurhanger.com/

No ****?! Now that's Niche marketing!

Shawn
Old February 16th 04, 12:33 PM
John E Williams Sr

"Slacker" wrote in message
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
veovis wrote:
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear
(Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now I am looking for its
replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and
simply put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP
me finding / searching this replacement ?

http://derailleurhanger.com/

Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.

Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or

address
anywhere on their website.
--
Slacker

Try this page on their site.
http://derailleurhanger.com/idontseemybike.htm

John

Old February 16th 04, 01:29 PM
veovis

thanks to everyone for helping...
besides, at $2400 (price in the states) and 4000 miles far from there,
a grand cherokee isn't exactly a disposable bike. i like its frame,
dislike its breaks, a long etcetera, but ...