Pedals and Shoe Recommendation

Old August 6th 03, 03:30 AM
Paulie Walnuts

Default Pedals and Shoe Recommendation

Looking for a mid range SPD pedal and shoe recommendation. I want to spend
around $150 - $175 combined. I know jack sh*t about this - recommendations
are appreciated. Thank you

Old August 6th 03, 11:28 AM
Westie

"Paulie Walnuts" wrote in message
Looking for a mid range SPD pedal and shoe recommendation. I want to spend
around $150 - $175 combined. I know jack sh*t about this - recommendations
are appreciated. Thank you

If you listen to anything Commander Bond says, I'd avoid the Time ATAC
because he's just about replaced every single part of them over the last few
months - not including the finger he's having to regrow today. ;-)

Do you want to race/go fast or do you want something more multi-purpose that
you can walk/tramp around in too?
--
Westie

Old August 6th 03, 04:47 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Paulie Walnuts" wrote in message
Looking for a mid range SPD pedal and shoe recommendation. I want to spend
around $150 - $175 combined. I know jack sh*t about this - recommendations
are appreciated. Thank you

Another excellent name!

Old August 6th 03, 05:22 PM
lunatic fringe

"Westie" wrote in message

"Paulie Walnuts" wrote in message
Looking for a mid range SPD pedal and shoe recommendation. I want to

spend
around $150 - $175 combined. I know jack sh*t about this -

recommendations
are appreciated. Thank you

If you listen to anything Commander Bond says, I'd avoid the Time ATAC
because he's just about replaced every single part of them over the last

few
months - not including the finger he's having to regrow today. ;-)

Do you want to race/go fast or do you want something more multi-purpose

that
you can walk/tramp around in too?

Me personally, I was thinking about trying the Egg Beaters.

Old August 6th 03, 05:34 PM
Bob M

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:22:41 -0500, lunatic fringe wrote:

"Westie" wrote in message

"Paulie Walnuts" wrote in message
Looking for a mid range SPD pedal and shoe recommendation. I want to

spend
around $150 - $175 combined. I know jack sh*t about this -

recommendations
are appreciated. Thank you

If you listen to anything Commander Bond says, I'd avoid the Time ATAC
because he's just about replaced every single part of them over the last

few
months - not including the finger he's having to regrow today. ;-)

Do you want to race/go fast or do you want something more multi-purpose

that
you can walk/tramp around in too?

Me personally, I was thinking about trying the Egg Beaters.

The egg beaters are good, if you like to be clicked in all the time. I've
had Time ATACs for years, but I've recently switched to Time ATACs that
also have a cage around them, as I find myself clicked out a lot. There's
a new version of egg beaters with a cage, too. For shoes, I've always
bought last year's model on sale. I have Nike right now.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old August 6th 03, 06:24 PM
lunatic fringe

news

wrote:

"Westie" wrote in message

[...]

I've used the Time pedals, and liked them very much. I just thought the egg
beaters would be so much easier to engage. As far as being clicked in all
the time, that's never been much of a problem here. We pretty much have fast
flowing single track in the deep south. No technical rocky terrain to deal
with. The only time I worry about clicking out is whe I come to one of those
insane drops I refuse to ride.

Old August 6th 03, 07:31 PM
Bob M

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:24:02 -0500, lunatic fringe wrote:

news

wrote:

"Westie" wrote in message

[...]

Ah, I see. My problems are uphills with roots and drops. If you can stay
clicked in a lot, I'd go for the egg beaters (although I haven't tried
them). They look interesting to me.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply