Clock Diagram for Standing Cycling

Old February 12th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Clock Diagram for Standing Cycling

Hi, I posted this at rec.bicycles.tech but no luck, I thought I'd try here
as well.

I'm wondering if anyone has a reference for a force vector 'clock diagram'
(like the ones in, amongst other work, "The Biomechanics of Cycling ..." by
Cavanagh et al) for standing cycling?

I've seen "Pedal and Crank Kinetics in Uphill Cycling", Caldwell et al. and
"Rider/Bicycle Loads During Standing Treadmill Cycling", Stone et al.. I can
somewhat infer a clock diagram from those but alot of detail is lost.

If not, how about other useful references for force application during
standing cycling?

Thanks,

Gunter Hauschildt

Old February 13th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Gunter Hauschildt" writes:

Hi, I posted this at rec.bicycles.tech but no luck, I thought I'd try here
as well.

I'm wondering if anyone has a reference for a force vector 'clock diagram'
(like the ones in, amongst other work, "The Biomechanics of Cycling ..." by
Cavanagh et al) for standing cycling?

I've seen "Pedal and Crank Kinetics in Uphill Cycling", Caldwell et al. and
"Rider/Bicycle Loads During Standing Treadmill Cycling", Stone et al.. I can
somewhat infer a clock diagram from those but alot of detail is lost.

If not, how about other useful references for force application during
standing cycling?

Thanks,

Gunter Hauschildt

I remember one in this book. Very old, but I think it has what
you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0873221818

-Gerard
Old February 13th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

[...]

Thanks Gerard. Thats the book that Cavanagh's "Biomechanics of Cycling ..."
is published in. Its for seated cycling. I'm wondering if anyone has ever
done the same work for standing. Its a long shot I know.

Thanks again,

Gunter

Restating the obvious Bill C Racing 84 November 13th 05 01:06 AM
The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes bikerider7 UK 141 May 31st 04 04:05 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Cycling in Paris Part 2 wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX UK 0 September 4th 03 09:57 PM