Sharing Maps

Old May 31st 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Sharing Maps

I am looking for a useful way to share ride maps with groups like this.
Tolls I have are Streets and Trips and Garmin Mapsource (all of my maps
start here). I have Google World but have to say I don't find it very
friendly to use.

Any suggestions?

Roland

Dover, NH
eBent.com

Old June 1st 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

wrote:

I am looking for a useful way to share ride maps with groups like this.
Tolls I have are Streets and Trips and Garmin Mapsource (all of my maps
start here). I have Google World but have to say I don't find it very
friendly to use.

Any suggestions?

The most popular tool seems to be
www.gmaps-pedometer.com. It's a
front-end to Google maps, apparently intended to be used by hikers for
sharing trails. It works well for bike routes too, though. It can
even show a graph of elevation changes.
Old June 2nd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

I like the Gmaps site, but you will have to post the link for others to
view it.
http://favoriterun.com/ by defaults shows all public routes that anyone
has entered near a particular location. Once you select a starting
point, you get to see all the public routes.