One Simple Question

Old July 2nd 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Default One Simple Question

wrote:
On Jul 1, 12:13 pm, "Carmine Clamenza"
wrote:
Who is the defending Tour de France champion?

It is Greg Lemond, the last untainted champion of
the Tour de France.

Sincerely,

Greg Lemond

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and steroids
were in common use.
Old July 2nd 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 11:13:34 -0800, "Carmine Clamenza"
wrote:

Who is the defending Tour de France champion?

Richard Virenque.
--
JT
****************************
Old July 2nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MMan

On Jul 2, 1:23 am, Fred Fredburger
Greg Lemond

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and steroids
were in common use.

Cyclists raced without blood in those days? Wow!

Old July 2nd 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 2, 9:07 am, MMan wrote:
On Jul 2, 1:23 am, Fred Fredburger

Greg Lemond

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and steroids
were in common use.

Cyclists raced without blood in those days? Wow!

Yep. You've never noticed how pale everyone looked in those black and
white photos? It was an extreme method of losing weight before
mountain stages. Added benefit - no lactic acid buildup in the blood.

The oddest thing is that the vampires now work for the "good" guys
whereas years ago they worked for the "good" guys.

Old July 2nd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 22:23:12 -0700, Fred Fredburger

wrote:
Who is the defending Tour de France champion?

It is Greg Lemond, the last untainted champion of
the Tour de France.

Sincerely,

Greg Lemond

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and steroids
were in common use.

Not at all. "Blood packing" was entirely contemporaneous with the career of Greg
Lemond.

Ron
Old July 2nd 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 2, 9:32 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and steroids
were in common use.

Testerone is used by sportmen since 1952. Steroids: 1954. HgH: 1980. Blood
transfusion: 1970-2. Autotransfusion: 1982-4

I've heard about getting blood from a stone, but blood from a car?
That'll happen when my Auntie freezes over.

Old July 2nd 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 2, 9:32 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and
steroids
were in common use.

Testerone is used by sportmen since 1952. Steroids: 1954. HgH: 1980.
Blood
transfusion: 1970-2. Autotransfusion: 1982-4

I've heard about getting blood from a stone, but blood from a car?
That'll happen when my Auntie freezes over.

I'm afraid you're confusing automobiletransfusion with autotransfusion
(http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...utotransfusion)

Benjo

Old July 2nd 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 2, 9:54 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Jul 2, 9:32 am, "benjo maso" wrote:
"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message

We know this to be true because he won before EPO and blood and
steroids
were in common use.

Testerone is used by sportmen since 1952. Steroids: 1954. HgH: 1980.
Blood
transfusion: 1970-2. Autotransfusion: 1982-4

I've heard about getting blood from a stone, but blood from a car?
That'll happen when my Auntie freezes over.

I'm afraid you're confusing automobiletransfusion with autotransfusion
(http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...utotransfusion)

Benjo

You're adorable when you're being so literal.