fair price for a summit frame

Old January 1st 05, 06:29 PM
General Dibbles

Default fair price for a summit frame

i'm selling my summit frame but i'm not sure what a fair price would be,
it's a little scratched up on the seat tube, and the bearings case but
other than that it is in good condition, so what's a fair price for a
summit frame?

--
General Dibbles - street rider

"I'll stick with gin, champagne is just ginger ale that knows somebody"
Hawkeye Pierce

www.angelfire.com/ne2/onewaybikes
General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

Old January 1st 05, 09:59 PM
mango

ok heres my quick thinking:

an entire kh uni (not the new ones) is $419 at uni.com. A kh frame alone
is $145. So that makes the frame .346062 the price of the entire uni.

So most people got their summits off ebay for between $200 and $250. So
using the above ratio, that would make the frame worth $70-85.

Now i dont think a frame should really cost a third of the uni. I think
uni.com just marked up the price of the single component more than the
complete package. So id lower the price.

Then you say its used. So id lower the price some more.

Now maybe you can figure out what its worth. But then you have to think
that people have a whole selection of other frames to chose from if
they're in the market for a new frame. So will you really get for it
what its worth?

Just thinking about all this stuff is making my head spin. I'm reminded
of how much new cars and other consumer stuff depreciates so quickly. It
makes me feel kinda sick haha but what can you do.

I wish you the best of luck in your sale.

What do the rest of you guys think?

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

"Yeah, well, he gives me presents, so I care not if he's the devil."
-James_Potter
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old January 1st 05, 11:16 PM
brockfisher05

damn mango you have way to much time on your hands

--
brockfisher05 - trials unicyclist

check out my gallery at :
http://gallery.vanuni.com/thumbnails.php?album=6

check out my groups website at www.vanuni.com

Add me to your msn at
brockfisher05's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
LOOK KG 296 CLM Frame/ Fork 54 cm- Medium (Road Version of the KG 296 PKV Track Model) [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 25th 04 09:09 PM
2003 Aegis Shaman Cyclocross Carbon Fiber 56 CM frame for sale Nat Busquelo Racing 0 August 24th 04 05:58 PM
FS: 63cm Italian road/touring frame, 1980's, BEAUTIFUL!! ccrider Marketplace 1 March 11th 04 01:00 PM