Fair price?

Old August 15th 05, 07:01 AM
ClownGodfather ClownGodfather is offline
Junior Member

Default Fair price?

I am new to mountain biking and so I am looking for a new bike to use. Someone in my neighborhood is selling a Mongoose mountain bike for $130. I want to make sure this is a fair price and I'm not getting ripped off. Its a 26'' 21 speed Shimano derailer. I apprecaite the feedback..
Attached Images

Old August 15th 05, 08:52 AM
Bill Sornson

ClownGodfather wrote:
I am new to mountain biking and so I am looking for a new bike to use.
Someone in my neighborhood is selling a Mongoose mountain bike for
$130. I want to make sure this is a fair price and I'm not getting
ripped off. Its a 26'' 21 speed Shimano derailer. I apprecaite the
feedback..

Run, LaughingGuido, run!

Go to an LBS (local bike store) and look at some "entry level" mountain
bikes. Talk to some other riders if you know any yet; or strike up a
conversation at the trailhead.

Your link didn't work for me, but assuming it's a "Walgoose" (department
store boat anchor), it won't hold up to any real riding and weighs a ton and
a half.

You can do MUCH better for not THAT much more...

BS (no, really)

Old August 15th 05, 11:15 AM
D T W .../\\...

"ClownGodfather" wrote in
message ...

I am new to mountain biking and so I am looking for a new bike to use.
Someone in my neighborhood is selling a Mongoose mountain bike for
$130. I want to make sure this is a fair price and I'm not getting
ripped off. Its a 26'' 21 speed Shimano derailer. I apprecaite the
feedback..

|Filename: mongoose.jpg |
|Download: http://www.forumsbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129|

ClownGodfather

couldn't get your link to work. Which Mongoose?

http://www.mongoose.com/

--

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest, I've just wasted.