frankenstein lives

Old August 12th 04, 06:28 AM
Zebee Johnstone

Default frankenstein lives

TourSleazy lives!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~weez...leazy0562w.JPG

yes, it is a motorised recumbent. Well sort of. Engine power only,
pedal power only, both at once. What happens when you let a loony get
hold of your whippersnipper?

The creator says:

"Final drive is a 7 speed bicycle derailleur with a special Shimano
Mega-Range rear cluster which drops 1st gear into the weeds. Top speed
in 1st gear at the governor setpoint of 3650 RPM is about 30km/h. Will
climb any hill in my district.

Top speed on the level is about 53-55km/h, but given a slight downhill
slope can touch 72km/h.

After 200km of daily street use, TS has consumed 1850ml of unleaded
petrol, an average of 111.1km/litre or about 263mpg."

He doesn't say anything about downhill corners...

Be very afraid, you may be looking at the future of commuting!

Zebee

--
Zebee Johnstone ), proud holder of
aus.motorcycles Poser Permit #1.
Old August 12th 04, 12:55 PM
fred knieman

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~weez...leazy0562w.JPG

Be very afraid, you may be looking at the future of commuting!

Zebee

Wot, no front suspension? ;-)

Seriously tho, cue the John Lennon song imagine if every commuting
single-occupant car with minimal load was one of these (with handlebars
like that, shouldn't it have a milk crate bungee-strapped on somewhere?)...

263mpg - wow.
How I wish it was the future...
Instead of radio traffic reports about bumper to bumper jams, and
life-wasting, tragic crashes...

adopts John Faine voice
"VicRoads tells us there's been a nasty accident on the South-Eastern
Freeway near the corner with Warrigal Road. Apparently the riders of
the two Franken-mopeds have gone to a local GP to have their grazed
knees, ankles, and elbows painted with Betadine and to be given Med
Certs so they can take a few days off work. North- and South-bound
bicycle and Franken-moped riders should have no problem at all, but
urban 4WD drivers should [ABC beeps out next 20 seconds] sexual
inadequacy, general selfishness and yeast infections.
/John Faine voice

The 50cc Land Speed Record? Weezilco *rawks*!

xxx

fred

Old August 13th 04, 02:27 AM
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:55:24 +1000
fred knieman wrote:

Seriously tho, cue the John Lennon song imagine if every commuting
single-occupant car with minimal load was one of these (with handlebars
like that, shouldn't it have a milk crate bungee-strapped on somewhere?)...

Possibly better brakes too..

Apparently TS chews through brake pads, and the smoke coming off them as
they char when hauling the plot down from 60kmh can be a bit
disturbing...

Be careful what you wish for, think of those descriptions of traffic in
Hanoi or Beijing!

Zebee
Old August 15th 04, 02:13 PM
fred knieman

fred knieman wrote:

Seriously tho, cue the John Lennon song imagine if every commuting
single-occupant car with minimal load was one of these (with handlebars
like that, shouldn't it have a milk crate bungee-strapped on somewhere?)...

Possibly better brakes too..

Apparently TS chews through brake pads, and the smoke coming off them as
they char when hauling the plot down from 60kmh can be a bit
disturbing...

Hmm...
start completely pedantic-ness
.... I notice it uses ULP, so it probably has emission [sp?] controls and
isn't a two-stroke. Well, unless it doesn't/isn't. Am I the only
person in the world that is annoyed by those two-stroke motorised bikes?
(... that would appear to be so v eco-friendly... unless you know how
f*ckin' dirty two-stroke motors are - just one of those bikes prolly
puts out more CO/NOx/nasty combustion particles than 100 SAABs...)

Hmm, redux: does the environmental footprint an ULP recumbent moped
offset the burning brake-pads?
/completely pedantic-ness

Disc brakes, maybe?

Be careful what you wish for, think of those descriptions of traffic in
Hanoi or Beijing!

I've seen what Tokyo was like, and... mind weak... body strong... umm, I
mean, body weak... mind strong... must... not... tell... anecdote...

One sunny winter afternoon I was steaming home along Kokudô 4 from
Nihombashi to Koshigaya, and stopped at traffic lights somewhere in
Adachi-ku. A policeman, who was 6 foot 2, I swear, stepped out in front
of me and said (in Japanese), "What on earth are you doing, riding your
bike on the road? Ride on the footpath like a sensible person. On the
footpath, now!"
Strangely enough, I completely lost the ability to speak or understand
Japanese, except to wish him "Konnichi wa" ["good morning"], then say
"Arigatô gozaimasu", and "Oyama, uchi no o-niwaya-san wa wani ni
taberarema****a wa yo!" [(in the infections of an elderly female) "my
goodness, our gardener has been eaten by a crocodile!"]
The lights changed, and I rode off as quickly as possible.
(I wonder, has this incident has been noted in
jp.police.foreigners.odd.really-odd ...)

Demurrer: I still think the replacement of cars with HPVs would be a
good thing. And it looks like the opposite is happening in the places
you mentioned. But that's a whole 'nother thread...

Zebee