Vandeman calls mountain bikers "liars" and "criminals" then surprised by hate mail!

Old June 1st 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Vandeman calls mountain bikers "liars" and "criminals" then surprised by hate mail!

On 01 Jun 2006 13:46:13 GMT, Chris Foster
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
news
On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:01:46 -0400, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:48:43 -0400, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
om...
On Sun, 28 May 2006 11:57:55 -0400, "S Curtiss"

At least it would be more entertaining than reading the
one-word history
of the impact of Dolan on the modern world. (Dolan=Null)
No thanks - I believe I would rather ride and experience it
first hand...

Personal experience is only worth so much. It has to be checked
against
the experience of many others. Those who write books have
generally thought about a subject quite extensively. Do less
riding and more writing
and maybe you will get clearer in your mind about what matters
in this world. I assure you that mountain biking matters hardly
at all whereas what the Great Ed Dolan thinks matters
enormously.

..and where is the published work of Ed Dolan? (I already know you
are not
"Edward F. Dolan".)

Again... I think it is more advantageous I get out on the bike
and see some
trees.

Since when is it necessary to bring along a BIKE in order to see
trees??? In fact, having to pay attention to controlling a BIKE
interferes with your ability to look at trees -- if you were
honest.
We've covered this - Your OPINION and lack of desire or ability is
no measure of the abilities of someone else. I can control a bike
and look at trees. Your lack of that ability, or desire to explore
that ability, is MEANINGLESS.
Since when is it necessary to use any type of tool to increase the
effectiveness of an activity?

So you agree that it's not necessary to allow bikes off-road?
===
Who said it was "necessary"...? Making something "necessary"
(required, so to speak) is a far cry from making, or keeping, it legal
as an option. Your insistence that it be banned simply because you do
not choose to utilize it as a tool is not necessary, either. The
off-road bicycle is a tool, just as a backpack or canteen is a tool. A
loaded pack often weighs as much as a bicycle. You argue for banning
one tool based on your OPINIONS, which have not been PROVEN to be
anything but opinions. You scoff at other research, often conducted by
accredited researchers, if it counters your OPINIONS than rally behind
a battle of verbage and semantics when you get called on these
opinions. What has been proven unnecessary are your writings,
submissions and opinions. Road construction continues. Sprawl
continues. Habitat destruction continues. And the ONLY thing you
continue is to whine about bicycles... That is no longer pathetic...
It is simply a waste.

Did you say something?

Yeah, he said you are wasting your time.

Has one off-road cyclist quit riding off road due to you posting your
opinions on this NG?? If so, please provide names, so that it can be
verified. If not, just proff that you are wasting your time.

It's enough that I am educating all of you, even if you aren't smart
enough to know it.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande