Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

Old April 16th 15, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 13/04/2015 14:59, TMS320 wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 11/04/2015 20:23, TMS320 wrote:

It's very straightforward. You have a car. Designation is irrelevant.

I don't have a car. I have the use of a car. I could hire a car and have
the use of it, but I wouldn't own it.

I haven't insisted that you own one. You have one.

Have one of what?

Sigh.

There is a variety of cars in the showrooms and the car fleet set by a
majority of buyers/owners/users has nothing to with an individual's
choice.

Of course it does.

So you're telling us that you are influenced by the choice of Jones next
door. Oh well.

Doh! The choice made is largely influenced by price, that is exactly why
only 1% of cars are electric.

The mere mention of electric has made you obsessed. I suggested electric
was *an* option, not *the only* option.

But you still confuse the make up of the fleet (cars that have been bought)
with the choice an individual can buy.

Oh look! You conveniently missed the question;

Lets just answer the question. That will make a pleasant change. I'll
give you some clues this time;

Here is my answer again. A second car would have an effective negative tax
rate. Just because you are given answers you don't like does not mean they
are not answers.

Old April 16th 15, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 16/04/2015 12:57, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

It's a very good answer to a question you appear to have made up yourself.

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA
taxes to use their push bikes on the road?

Old April 17th 15, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 16/04/2015 12:57, TMS320 wrote:

Here is my answer again. A second car would have an effective negative
tax rate. Just because you are given answers you don't like does not mean
they are not answers.

It's a very good answer to a question you appear to have made up yourself.

You've forgotten the original question.

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to use a
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Old April 17th 15, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloader!

On 17/04/2015 00:28, TMS320 wrote:

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to use a
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Nobody is jealous of cyclists. Read the research;

Years of government efforts to promote cycling have had almost no impact
on a sceptical population who largely view bikes as either children's
toys or the preserve of Lycra-clad hobbyists, a university study has found.

"Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of
transport; it is either a toy for children or a vehicle fit only for the
poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster University, wrote in an
interim assessment of the Understanding Walking and Cycling study.

"For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail to see its purpose,
and have no interest in integrating it into their lives, certainly on a
regular basis."

Old April 17th 15, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 17/04/2015 00:28, TMS320 wrote:

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA
taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to use
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Nobody is jealous of cyclists. Read the research;

The issue is about tax, you idiot. There is no unfairness.

Old April 17th 15, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:33:15 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

How glad I am to be not "many people"
I find the bicycle is a very enjoyable convenient economical viable means
of transport for many things.
Old April 17th 15, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"TMS320" wrote in message ...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 17/04/2015 00:28, TMS320 wrote:

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA
taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to use
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Nobody is jealous of cyclists. Read the research;

The issue is about tax, you idiot. There is no unfairness.

Psycholists SOP. When losing an argument, always revert to insults.

Old April 18th 15, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:50:43 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

****wits

Why do people insult others?

Insults can also be used as a form of control, whether it is to control
another person, to control a conversation. Insulting outbursts are often
used by people who are angry that their lives are out of control in other
ways.

Old April 18th 15, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:50:43 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

****wits

Why do people insult others?

Insults can also be used as a form of control, whether it is to control
another person, to control a conversation. Insulting outbursts are often
used by people who are angry that their lives are out of control in other
ways.

Why do you insist on calling yourself a ****wit? If you're looking to start
an argument, you'll have to change the subject.

Old April 18th 15, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloaders!

On 17/04/2015 09:33, TMS320 wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 17/04/2015 00:28, TMS320 wrote:

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA
taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to use
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Nobody is jealous of cyclists. Read the research;

The issue is about tax, you idiot. There is no unfairness.

Who mentioned unfairness? Nobody is suggesting that cyclists being
sponging freeloaders isn't fair. Just that cyclists should pay their way
and stop being sponging freeloaders.