Kerb crawling motorists will be named and shamed.

Old November 20th 08, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
calum

Default Kerb crawling motorists will be named and shamed.

On Nov 20, 12:16*pm, Paul Weaver wrote:
On 19 Nov, 11:57, calum wrote:

I wonder if anyone has ever gone kerb-crawling on a tandem?

Surely a recumbent would be better?

Calum

Old November 20th 08, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

calum twisted the electrons to say:
On Nov 20, 12:16*pm, Paul Weaver wrote:
I wonder if anyone has ever gone kerb-crawling on a tandem?

Surely a recumbent would be better?

Better make it a recumbent trike, that way there'd be no embarressing
falling over incidents if one's concentration wandered! Deciding whether
a Delta or Tadpole configuration would be better is something I'm not
getting into!
Old November 23rd 08, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 19 Nov, 09:05, Roger Thorpe
wrote:
Doug wrote:
provocative cut-and-paste crap
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

Doug, uk.rec.cycling is in trouble.
If you had been reading it you would have seen that consistent trolling
campaigns by one complete idiot and one bullying, attention seeking berk
have driven most of the good folk away.

My guess is they were driven away long ago by an abundance of critics
of cycling.

Crossposting of this sort can only increase the noise and hasten the
demise of u.r.c.

Unlikely. How old is u.r.c?

If that is what you want then carry on. If not then please stop.
Roger Thorpe

Stop sticking-up for cyclists? Why would I want to do that? BTW, are
you a motorist?

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/

Old November 23rd 08, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_5_]

Doug wrote:
On 19 Nov, 09:05, Roger Thorpe
wrote:
Doug wrote:
provocative cut-and-paste crap
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

Doug, uk.rec.cycling is in trouble.
If you had been reading it you would have seen that consistent
trolling campaigns by one complete idiot and one bullying, attention
seeking berk have driven most of the good folk away.

My guess is they were driven away long ago by an abundance of critics
of cycling.

Crossposting of this sort can only increase the noise and hasten the
demise of u.r.c.

Unlikely. How old is u.r.c?

If that is what you want then carry on. If not then please stop.
Roger Thorpe

Stop sticking-up for cyclists? Why would I want to do that? BTW, are
you a motorist?

But that's the point Doug, you don't stick up for anyone. Your only purpose
in life is to create disharmony and cause trouble.

Old November 23rd 08, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:41:20 -0800 (PST)
Doug wrote:

Stop sticking-up for cyclists? Why would I want to do that?

Because if you STFU people generally will have a better opinion of
cyclists.

BTW, are you a motorist?

Are you currently receiving treatment for a psychiatric disorder?
Have you been diagnosed with a personality disorder or autistic
spectrum disorder? I'm not being derogatory, I might even be able to
offer some support if you answer in the affirmative. My email address
is valid and any correspondence is strictly confidential.

Old November 23rd 08, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Doug wrote:

Stop sticking-up for cyclists? Why would I want to do that? BTW, are
you a motorist?

Doug, I don't like the way you 'stick up for cyclists' since it largely
consists of posting cut and paste of horror stories about killer
motorists that we are then supposed to believe are typical of all of
them. The same tactics that the Mail and Express use to smear asylum
seekers.
By posting - and especially by crossposting to uk.rec.cycling you bring
in those you have irritated to distraction. I think that I could have a
reasonable discussion with the likes of Steve Firth, for instance, but
not in the sort of thread that you start. A dialogue between the
motorist and cyclist could be interesting, but not in the kind of
environment that you have created in uk.transport.
You ask if I am a motorist, well if you want my green and cycling
credentials;
I have worked in a radical bookshop/publisher/community centre.
I have worked as a bike mechanic and co-director of a bike shop
(although all my mechanics knowledge is out of date)
I was a courier in London for about three years.
I have been a vegetarian for 30 years.
I have *never* driven a car.
I am now working to develop an ice-maker for developing countries driven
by biomass and solar energy.
I am 51

I am exactly the sort of person who should be on your side. I wonder if
you can understand why I am not.

Roger Thorpe
Old November 23rd 08, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_5_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

Thus someone who puts his money and his efforts where is mouth is and to
whom credit is due for doing so.

I am exactly the sort of person who should be on your side. I wonder
if you can understand why I am not.

Sadly, Roger, there's not a hope. It wouldn't matter what the cause is,
Doug's only purpose is to cause disharmony and trouble.

Old November 23rd 08, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

Roger Thorpe gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

I am exactly the sort of person who should be on your side. I wonder if
you can understand why I am not.

Do you _really_ need to ask?
Old November 23rd 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Brimstone wrote:

Thus someone who puts his money and his efforts where is mouth is and to
whom credit is due for doing so.

stop it, you're embarrassing me. And the research is government funded,
so it might be more accurate to say that i put *your* money where my
mouth is!
Roger Thorpe
Old November 23rd 08, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_5_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Brimstone wrote:

Thus someone who puts his money and his efforts where is mouth is
and to whom credit is due for doing so.

stop it, you're embarrassing me.

Merely a means to try and embarrass someone else.