I know what Dutchy spent his money on now

Old September 25th 05, 03:39 AM
Bleve

Default I know what Dutchy spent his money on now

Chalk! Anyone who's ridden the Eastern Fwy trail can't
help but wonder "who is this "Jason"?" and why should
I vote for him?

So, Dutchy, why should I vote for you - you're a
nice bloke, I like you, and you ride a bike, but what's your
rough policy?

As cfrantb would say - over to you!

Old September 25th 05, 10:17 AM
flyingdutch

Bleve Wrote:
Chalk! Anyone who's ridden the Eastern Fwy trail can't
help but wonder "who is this "Jason"?" and why should
I vote for him?

So, Dutchy, why should I vote for you - you're a
nice bloke, I like you, and you ride a bike, but what's your
rough policy?

As cfrantb would say - over to you!

hehe. (btw, who is 'cfrantb'?)

Well, looks like the official policy launch is blown, I'll send the
babies-to-be-kissed back...

Why vote for me?

Well, obviously reading a zillion different opinions here about
everybody's perspective on BV has helped nudge me into action to help
improve BV.

With all my other influences such as campaigning ( to Council,
Vicroads, State Government, etc), Boroondara BUG, HawthornCyclingClub
racing and committee member, daily commuter and involvement with my
family cycling and bike-ed at their school. And if that aint enough,
its genetic!
After coming back from Amsterdam earlier this year and then arriving
back in our car-centric, congested, consuming culture and with more
people than ever taking up riding as a viable transport option, I want
to help further those elements.

The events element of BV is running strongly (YES, i do realise what
everyone says about that and I too would like to see these be more
accessible/affordable/viable and even become more 'everyday' not just
'events' perhaps...) I would like to see BV get closer to victorians,
cyclists or future ones, and work more strongly and openly in
campaigning to State and Federal governments to further cyclists needs
and rights.
Working more closely with Clubs, BUGs, and informal groups/riders to
keep in touch with what the issues are 'out on the street' so to speak

Having 45,000+ members is one thing. Keeping them (and keeping them
riding!) is another. If its done right i think BV could and should be a
very strong group to lobby, provide and nurture, what after all is, one
of life's most perfect things. riding a bike

Oh, and just cos you highlighted it to me, improving their insurance
might be worth a stab too

Keep an eye out for more antics as I try to spread the word to more
members, bikeshops, clubs, groups, etc and if you think me and my ideas
are worth recommending to others, I would really appreciate your support
and spreading the word so I can help make BV your BV.

Election material is being posted by BV in 'late September' so keep an
eye out and 'Vote Jason for BV'

PS you didnt mention: Yarra Trail, Gardiners Creek, Anniversary Trail,
Greensborough path, Diamond Creek path, Beach Rd, Middle Park offroad
path, Port Melbourne path, Ballarat, Wangaratta-Bright Rail trail, and
more to come to a route near you!

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 05, 01:26 AM
Bleve

flyingdutch wrote:

Oh, and just cos you highlighted it to me, improving their insurance
might be worth a stab too

Or at least, being upfront about it! The sales pitch is that it's
the best. A quick google search finds a number of better
offers. Cyclecover.com.au for example, seems a better deal,
it's brokered by BNSW or something .. If BV and the other state
bodies could work together a bit better, then things could
improve?

Keep an eye out for more antics as I try to spread the word to more
members, bikeshops, clubs, groups, etc and if you think me and my ideas
are worth recommending to others, I would really appreciate your support
and spreading the word so I can help make BV your BV.

Election material is being posted by BV in 'late September' so keep an
eye out and 'Vote Jason for BV'

PS you didnt mention: Yarra Trail, Gardiners Creek, Anniversary Trail,
Greensborough path, Diamond Creek path, Beach Rd, Middle Park offroad
path, Port Melbourne path, Ballarat, Wangaratta-Bright Rail trail, and
more to come to a route near you!

What I'd like to see is BV and CA/CSV working together a
little too ... roadies ride more than anyone else on the
roads (do commuters do 10-30+hrs/week? Not many of them!). at
least if they'd talk to eachother it would be an improvement! Maybe
something like BV membership is an equivalent to a club membership
for things like Jcycle licences? I dunno ... just ideas ...

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 05, 02:19 AM
Terry Collins

Bleve wrote:

If BV and the other state bodies could work together
a bit better, then things could improve?

Don't hold your breath. The history of bicycle insurance is everyone
insisting they can do a better deal and then setting up a rival scheme.

Old September 26th 05, 02:30 AM
Bleve

Terry Collins wrote:
Bleve wrote:

If BV and the other state bodies could work together
a bit better, then things could improve?

Don't hold your breath. The history of bicycle insurance is everyone
insisting they can do a better deal and then setting up a rival scheme.

I'm not holding my breath on this one My bikes
are insured, and not with the BV policy.

Old September 26th 05, 02:38 AM
DaveB

Bleve wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:

Oh, and just cos you highlighted it to me, improving their insurance
might be worth a stab too

Or at least, being upfront about it! The sales pitch is that it's
the best. A quick google search finds a number of better
offers. Cyclecover.com.au for example, seems a better deal,
it's brokered by BNSW or something .. If BV and the other state
bodies could work together a bit better, then things could
improve?

Excellent timing. My contents insurance is due so I've just requested a
quote from cyclecover. Will be interested to see how it compares.

DaveB
Old September 26th 05, 04:12 AM
flyingdutch

Bleve Wrote:

I'm not holding my breath on this one My bikes
are insured, and not with the BV policy.

I was thinking more re this regarding the $1k excess you got hit with
If you can sugggest other elements to improve let me know (by email,
not here )
cheers
FD

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 05, 09:01 AM
Euan

"Bleve" == Bleve writes:

Bleve What I'd like to see is BV and CA/CSV working together a
Bleve little too ... roadies ride more than anyone else on the
Bleve roads (do commuters do 10-30+hrs/week? Not many of them!).

12 hours most weeks here, sometimes more, and it's all transport mileage.

Recreational mileage adds to the congestion on the roads so hardly worth
bragging about troll troll troll ;-)
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old September 26th 05, 11:27 AM
Gags

"Bleve" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chalk! Anyone who's ridden the Eastern Fwy trail can't
help but wonder "who is this "Jason"?" and why should
I vote for him?

So, Dutchy, why should I vote for you - you're a
nice bloke, I like you, and you ride a bike, but what's your
rough policy?

As cfrantb would say - over to you!

I rode to work along the Yarra Trail today and I stopped counting the "Vote
Jason 4 BV" signs after about 8 or so. Dutchy also took a couple of quick
stops on the BR on Sunday to "tag" bikepaths in Diamond Creek and
Greensborough. I did notice on the way home though that a couple of them
had pretty well disappeared (maybe from the light rain this morning??).

Gags

Old September 26th 05, 11:19 PM
Bleve

Euan wrote:
"Bleve" == Bleve writes:

Bleve What I'd like to see is BV and CA/CSV working together a
Bleve little too ... roadies ride more than anyone else on the
Bleve roads (do commuters do 10-30+hrs/week? Not many of them!).

12 hours most weeks here, sometimes more, and it's all transport mileage.

You're quite unusual though, Euan

Fast Money As seen on Oprah! willyoyo Australia 0 September 10th 05 12:55 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Rides 0 March 11th 05 03:59 AM
on Bush and his crashes Boris Foelsch Techniques 1152 November 12th 04 03:33 AM