Cyclist displaying high standards

Old July 20th 13, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

Default Cyclist displaying high standards

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:57:08 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:34:59 +0100, Bertie Wooster

wrote:

snip

The lights went green and we all pulled off. At the moment of pulling
off my bicycle handlebars broke, and there was nothing for me to do
but end up in a heap on the tarmac.

"The handle-bars broke" - what was it - instantaneous metal fatigue?

Or was the bike poorly maintained?

It was a serious flaw in the handlebar design.

LOL!

Throw the bloody bike away and use the bus next time.

Old July 26th 13, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

"Partac" writes:

So did they settle out of court with you?

Yes. An apology, immediate replacement of stronger and better quality
handlebars, and a free full service of my bike was the settlement.

Yes, we all believe you, don't we?

Indeed. SJS `saved my life' when I was three days into a LEJoG and the
grease in my hub gears decided that it'd had enough after the hills in
Devon and Cornwall. It wasn't even a hub which I had bought off them,
either. Absolutely brilliant levels of service and very high levels of
expertise from _all_ the staff. They wouldn't take any money for the
labour, but I insisted on paying for the new grease! To my eternal
shame, I didn't sent them a postcard from JoG :-(.

--
Mark