Money well spent!

Old August 15th 13, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Watson

Default Money well spent!

In article ,
JNugent wrote:

On 15/08/2013 00:43, Phil W Lee wrote:

"John Benn" :
"JNugent" wrote:

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Psycholists think so. But then they would, wouldn't they? That's what you
get from a religion.

What other form of exercise saves you time and money instead of
costing either one or the other?

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Does this ape have _any_ credibility left?
Old August 15th 13, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:12:22 +0100, Brian Robertson wrote:
snip

That must be the wittiest and most adult response ever made on usenet.

or something.

Surely surpassed by many a petrol head saying that speeding doesn't kill.

Hello Glugg

--

Pyscholist Rule Number 6a

If people are continually getting the better of you in arguments - fall back on the "But what about motorists, they are much worse ....".
Respond to a post - or start a new thread with some irrelevant item.
It does no good to the actual argument - but it shows you up as a real prat - and hence you are living up to the psycholist creed.
Old August 15th 13, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jimbo

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:43:26 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

"John Benn" considered Tue, 13 Aug 2013
18:52:25 +0100 the perfect time to write:

"JNugent" wrote in message

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Psycholists think so. But then they would, wouldn't they? That's what you
get from a religion.

What other form of exercise saves you time and money instead of
costing either one or the other?

So pushbikes are free rather than people having to purchase them - and pedaling
takes no effort.

Glad we have cleared that one up.

Can you clear this one up:

Why do you insist on posting here in the early hours when you have been on the
sauce and are half ****ed again.

Don't get me wrong : I certainly don't want you to stop as you are such good
value: I just wandered why you do it?

JMS

Old August 15th 13, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Watson

In article ,
jimbo wrote:

Can you clear this one up:

Why do you insist on posting here in the early hours when you have been on the
sauce and are half ****ed again.

Can you clear up why you post here under (at least) two different names?
Old August 15th 13, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, 15 August 2013 01:19:07 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Flogging a dead horse is an alternative form of exercise.

Old August 15th 13, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:45:03 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Flogging a dead horse is an alternative form of exercise.

So contrary to what some people would have you believe, cycling is
certainly not the only form of exercise?

I quite understand that you might not feel able to say "yes" to that.

I quite understand that he may have considered it a rhetorical
question.
Old August 15th 13, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/08/2013 10:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:

JNugent wrote:

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Flogging a dead horse is an alternative form of exercise.

So contrary to what some people would have you believe, cycling is
certainly not the only form of exercise?

I quite understand that you might not feel able to say "yes" to that.

I quite understand that he may have considered it a rhetorical
question.

If he did, he was wrong again.

There are some who seem to "think" that cycling is the only means of
exercising. They are are as wrong as you suggest him to have been.

What's so difficult about accepting that cycling is not the only - or
even anywhere near being the best - form of exercise?
Old August 15th 13, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_10_]

JNugent wrote:

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Flogging a dead horse is an alternative form of exercise.

So contrary to what some people would have you believe, cycling is
certainly not the only form of exercise?

I quite understand that you might not feel able to say "yes" to that.

I quite understand that he may have considered it a rhetorical
question.

If he did, he was wrong again.

There are some who seem to "think" that cycling is the only means of
exercising. They are are as wrong as you suggest him to have been.

What's so difficult about accepting that cycling is not the only - or
even anywhere near being the best - form of exercise?

Almost as stupid as thinking that driving a car is the only credible
form of transport, huh?

As for being the best form of exercise, of course cycling is the best
form of exercise for those who do it. The best form of exercise for
anyone is the kind that they enjoy and are therefore likely to continue
doing.