I like the biathlon

Old February 21st 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default I like the biathlon

If I could do it all over again, I'd give that a try (grew up in a cold
climate).

Old February 21st 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

On Feb 21, 5:45*pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
If I could do it all over again, I'd give that a try (grew up in a cold
climate).

It would have been your ticket to a life with a crazy Iranain
artist...

Old February 22nd 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 22, 11:45*am, "Kurgan Gringioni"
wrote:
If I could do it all over again, I'd give that a try (grew up in a cold
climate).

Love it; keep wondering what happens though when the competitors get
****y with each other ?!
Old February 22nd 10, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
heather

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
If I could do it all over again, I'd give that a try (grew up in a cold
climate).

I wish you would- I would enjoy watching you take those penalty laps.
thanks,
Old February 22nd 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_3_]

I'm waiting for Asher to make a comment.

Old February 22nd 10, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
If I could do it all over again, I'd give that a try (grew up in a cold
climate).

I had to step away from ski coaching this year. But one
of these days I want to do something with nerf guns and
soda cans. I think the kids would really groove on it.

A coach at a nearby club has talked about a paintball
event like the one in Vermont:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZLY5v6vwhI

Hasn't materialized yet though.

Bob Schwartz
Old February 22nd 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_8_]

Robert Chung wrote:
I'm waiting for Asher to make a comment.

Right. It's just hanging there...
Old February 22nd 10, 08:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Fred Fredburger wrote in
:

Robert Chung wrote:
I'm waiting for Asher to make a comment.

Right. It's just hanging there...

Actually, I'm waiting for Kunich or Bruce or Steve to say something about
Henry and the homothlon (which, to me, isn't really all that funny
because I'm thinking to myself: "Why does the highest occuppied molecular
orbital have anything to do with xc skiing? Must be a triathlon joke.
shrug I never get those anyway.").

But to let you in on a secret, I'm coming up with a new Olympic snowboard
event that combines elements of luge, snowboard cross, and hand grenades.
It's going to be the first-ever sport specifically designed so that any
mistake leads to death. In fact, anyone still alive at the bottom of the
course gets shot in the head.

--
Bill Asher
Old February 22nd 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Feb 21, 11:28*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
If I could do it all over again, I'd give that a try (grew up in a cold
climate).

I had to step away from ski coaching this year. But one
of these days I want to do something with nerf guns and
soda cans. I think the kids would really groove on it.

A coach at a nearby club has talked about a paintball
event like the one in Vermont:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZLY5v6vwhI

Hasn't materialized yet though.

260 entrants?

Almost made me want to be a Yankee again. Only if I could be young,
too g.

Nuthin' but cool, that event. Very volunteer- heavy (which is good,
bringing parents in). Healthy competition, and look at some of those
little kids skiing better than I ever did g. Loved the target
cleaning technology, and "winter paint balls" with antifreeze?

Speaking of technology:
http://www.mtguns.com/pdfs/Biathlon7-4.pdf.pdf

Wow.
--D-y