The Best Comments

Old May 13th 05, 11:04 PM
Nepsis

Default The Best Comments

cathwood's thread got me to thinking: I'm sure we've all heard the tired
shouts like "Hey, where's your other wheel?" and "I think you got ripped
off when you bought that bike."

What other witty quips have been hurled, tossed, or otherwise cast your
way? And what are you favorite responses?
--RB

--
Nepsis - ElCapitan
Nepsis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9943

Old May 13th 05, 11:32 PM
ColDawG

good idea, but it's already been done, quite to everyone's amusement
i'm sure you'd enjoy giving this a read:
http://tinyurl.com/ddsku

--
ColDawG - Level 4 after 2 months

Looking for MUni buddies!
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old May 14th 05, 06:21 PM
forrestunifreak

Yes,theres been a bunch of threads like this,but most of them are
the"worst" comments.

I had a really stupid ones the other day.I was jumping onto a becn when
these kids on bikes rode by(ages 11-12 maybe) yelling stuff like " holy
crap" and "can you DO that"?the usual.

but the worst was a kid who asked me"hey,can you -jump- in that garabage
right there"?pointing to a pile of trash on the ground.
Not knowing what to say,I just stood there,then they stared riding
off,another one said,"thats a tricycle,right?"To wich I said
sarcasticly,"no,are those tricycles?"pointing to they're bikes.

"no,its a BIKE stupid"!

Yeah,DUMB ASS"

was the reply.

--
forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

~Y.C. tv

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

Old May 22nd 05, 03:33 PM
Nepsis

oops...sorry about the duplicate topic...guess I'd oughtta do a bit of
reading before posting...hehe...*gulp*...

Can't help but go ahead and leave these gems, tho:

yeah...finally got a MUni so am looking forward to the comments on the
trails. Tried out the trails a month or so ago with my street uni and a
friend on his MUni. We came upon a kid riding the other way who asked
"Why are you riding a unicycle?", apparently under the belief that they
were either unethical or unlawful on trails. I just chuckled, realizing
later that I should have asked why he was riding a bicycle.

My fav, tho, has to be when we were out juggling and unicycling all
together with the KU Juggling club on their campus. Had a car drive by
and someone shout out, "Get a girlfriend!" That needs to be on a
t-shirt.

Old May 22nd 05, 05:29 PM
kington99

My favourite has to be that which makes up my signature line, riding
through central oxford:

Man: a unicycle
Me:Umm, yes
Him: i didnt realise people rode unicycles in oxford
me:well yes they do
him:what a throughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre

word for word, i swear

Dave

incidently i got the 'are you saving up for the other half?' from a
middle aged man last week and replied, 'are you kidding? this costs alot
more than a bike'

--
kington99

Old May 22nd 05, 05:44 PM
johnfoss

I prefer the comebacks threads. Originally we posted a list of them in
the USA Newsletter in 1981 or so (Snappy Comebacks to Stupid Remarks).
The idea is not to embarrass the person, but to say something clever
back that lets them know you've heard their "original" comment before.

Examples from the posts above:

- Where's your other wheel? - On my other unicycle.

- I think you got ripped off when you bought that bike. - If I'd thought
this was a bike, I deserved to get ripped off!

- can you DO that? - No. It's totally impossible, and don't ever try
it.

- hey,can you jump in that garabage right there? - You first.

- thats a tricycle,right? - No, surely you know what a tricycle is?

- Why are you riding a unicycle? - Because it's fun! (not the most
clever response, but it's what I use)

- Get a girlfriend! - How about a boyfriend, cutie? (that usually gets
them to leave fast. I agree, it would be good on a T-shirt.)

- What a throughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre. -
Exactly!

- Are you saving up for the other half? - This *is* the other half (goes
with 'This *is* my other wheel' for 'Where's your other wheel?')

Those are just single examples. You can come up with a whole list for
each one, which was what that 1981 article did. Mostly it was a list for
'Where's your other wheel?'

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old May 22nd 05, 05:58 PM
heavy metal unicycling

Some girle thaught it was called a unibrow one time. Another time my
brother amd I where riding and some guy yelled out "Do a wheelie!"

--
heavy metal unicycling - Loveland Unicycling Club

Bow to my shoe, for it is superior to yours! A result of extreme boredom
and classical music.
heavy metal unicycling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9857

Old May 22nd 05, 06:18 PM
tylercox

When they say "do a wheelie," I either say that I'm already doing one or
if I'm in the mood to humor them I do a little hop.

--
tylercox - Level 5 Unicornist

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"tyler cox i now love you" -From unicyclepa
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old May 22nd 05, 09:43 PM
cathwood

I got "You better pray you don't get a puncture", What like with a bike
you've got a spare wheel you can use if you get a puncture in the other
one?
It never worked that way when I was riding a b**e.
Cathy

--
cathwood - Lunicyclist

A thought is just a thought.

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old May 22nd 05, 11:19 PM
mucRider

Several of us (8) were riding trails on Saturday when we met 2 women
riding bicycles in the opposite direction. We stopped to let them pass
and they stopped to ask about our unicycles. One of them was looking at
our variety of unicycles when she noticed my 3" MUni tire and asked why
it was so fat. Someone in the uni group replied that it was for
"downhill" riding. She believed him.

--
mucRider - From the Over 50 Group

It is wise to invest in your happiness. - Harper
mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119