Brrrr...time to ride?

Old November 1st 03, 03:17 PM
Gman

Default Brrrr...time to ride?

Well the Oregon Scientific says 15 deg F...brrrr,
but I BADLY need some exercise and it's not wet
here yet, so I think I'll need to fix the pinch
flat I got on Wednesday's ride and get the Surly
out for a spin.

Then to the drinking beer and watching
football...GO COUGS! Right Jonesy???

First tho...duty calls...there's a 2-yr old that
is tugging at my leg for breakfast.

Wish me luck!
Old November 2nd 03, 12:09 AM
Gman

On 1 Nov 2003 15:17:01 GMT, Gman wrote:
Well the Oregon Scientific says 15 deg F...brrrr,
but I BADLY need some exercise and it's not wet
here yet, so I think I'll need to fix the pinch
flat I got on Wednesday's ride and get the Surly
out for a spin.

Then to the drinking beer and watching
football...GO COUGS! Right Jonesy???

First tho...duty calls...there's a 2-yr old that
is tugging at my leg for breakfast.

Wish me luck!

....and the answer is RIDE!

I fixed my flat. DAMN I hate how tight those
Mutano Raptors are! Sure is no chance of them
rolling off the rim while riding.

A beautiful day on the SS. It warmed up to about
45 or so, which is really just about perfect if
there's not too much wind. Crisp and clear.

And now let us turn our focus to the beer and
football...

Old November 2nd 03, 12:49 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

I fixed my flat. DAMN I hate how tight those
Mutano Raptors are! Sure is no chance of them
rolling off the rim while riding.

I hear ya... Mutanos and Rhyno Lites were never meant to be together.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old November 2nd 03, 01:53 AM
Paladin

Gman wrote:

Well the Oregon Scientific says 15 deg F...brrrr,
but I BADLY need some exercise and it's not wet
here yet, so I think I'll need to fix the pinch
flat I got on Wednesday's ride and get the Surly
out for a spin.

Then to the drinking beer and watching
football...GO COUGS! Right Jonesy???

First tho...duty calls...there's a 2-yr old that
is tugging at my leg for breakfast.

Wish me luck!

Good Idea, GMan. I was out up high on the SS last night. Clear, cold and not too crowded. Few times that 2 layers and a vest weren't enough. beautiful at sunset.

Paladin

Old November 2nd 03, 02:37 AM
Dave W

I fixed my flat. DAMN I hate how tight those
Mutano Raptors are! Sure is no chance of them
rolling off the rim while riding.

I hear ya... Mutanos and Rhyno Lites were never meant to be together.

Moto raptors neither..:-(

Old November 3rd 03, 05:03 PM
Jonesy

Gman wrote in message ...
Well the Oregon Scientific says 15 deg F...brrrr,
but I BADLY need some exercise and it's not wet
here yet, so I think I'll need to fix the pinch
flat I got on Wednesday's ride and get the Surly
out for a spin.

Then to the drinking beer and watching
football...GO COUGS! Right Jonesy???

Yup. And a 1600 game start means time to ride. While the wife and
kidlets are getting over their chocolate hangovers by doing some
power-shopping (ouch, is my credit card on fire again?) I get to ride.
It's cold, but after the climb, I'm way hot in just shorts and a
fleece. Ten miles and I'm good.

I knew that the Cougs would lose to USC, but then again, I think that
USC could probably whip Oklahoma. We'll see, come January.

First tho...duty calls...there's a 2-yr old that
is tugging at my leg for breakfast.

Get them hooked on french toast. (Freedom toast?) Easy to make, fills
them up, gets rid of old bread. LOL.

Hope it was fun.
--
Jonesy

E-mail me: rfjonesy *at* hotmail *dot* com
Old November 3rd 03, 06:43 PM
Penny S

Jonesy spray painted on a boxcar:
Gman wrote in message
Well the Oregon Scientific says 15 deg F...brrrr,
but I BADLY need some exercise and it's not wet
here yet, so I think I'll need to fix the pinch
flat I got on Wednesday's ride and get the Surly
out for a spin.

Then to the drinking beer and watching
football...GO COUGS! Right Jonesy???

Yup. And a 1600 game start means time to ride.

silly guys, just mount the tube to this:
http://www.bikeforest.com/cb/index.html

Old November 3rd 03, 11:19 PM
Jonesy

Gman wrote in message
Well the Oregon Scientific says 15 deg F...brrrr,
but I BADLY need some exercise and it's not wet
here yet, so I think I'll need to fix the pinch
flat I got on Wednesday's ride and get the Surly
out for a spin.

Then to the drinking beer and watching
football...GO COUGS! Right Jonesy???

Yup. And a 1600 game start means time to ride.

silly guys, just mount the tube to this:
http://www.bikeforest.com/cb/index.html

And spoil both activities? During the game, one hand on a beer, the
other on the remote, or in a bag of chips, pep sticks, pretzels, etc.
The remote for turning down the game and asking Mrs. Spider to grab me
another brew.

Ride in the morning, watch football in the afternoon. A perfect
Saturday.