Doggy Trailer

Old August 20th 03, 10:21 PM
Danny Colyer

Default Doggy Trailer

I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a
magazine for a modular trailer (single base, multiple possible tops).
One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can anyone tell me off
the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether
it has a website?

Otherwise, what trailers are good for dogs?

The reason I ask is that the woman camped next to me at the CTC Birthday
Rides wanted a trailer for her dog, so I mentioned the modular trailer
that I'd seen and said I'd look it up.

(She's also thinking of getting a bent, due to back problems. So I
recommended making sure she gets a bent and trailer that are compatible.
She had a ride on my Street Machine, but I think she'll be better of
with a trike).

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

Old August 20th 03, 11:18 PM
Marc

Danny Colyer wrote:

I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a
magazine for a modular trailer (single base, multiple possible tops).
One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can anyone tell me off
the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether
it has a website?

Not sure of the name or URL, but it was sold in the Bike-Gear catalogue
that came with Cycling+ a few issues ago, if that helps.

Old August 21st 03, 07:51 AM
chris French

In message , Danny Colyer
writes
I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a
magazine for a modular trailer (single base, multiple possible tops).
One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can anyone tell me off
the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether
it has a website?

Orbit sell the 'Bluebird' range - this sounds like it.

http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/Gearshift_Bluebird_162.html

The Orbit site itself kept crashing Opera

http://www.orbit-cycles.co.uk/
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 21st 03, 08:57 PM
Danny Colyer

Marc wrote:
Not sure of the name or URL, but it was sold in the Bike-Gear
catalogue that came with Cycling+ a few issues ago, if that helps.

It certainly does, thanks. I found the Catalogue and found the Blue
Bird trailer system (which turns out to be made by Orbit, thanks Steve
and Chris too).

The manufacturer's site for the trailer is
http://www.orbit-cycles.co.uk/trailers.shtml#ORBIT
so I'll forward that and the Gearshift link.