child trailer

Old December 21st 04, 02:45 PM
Buck

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Thge mind boggles. Why would you need a helmet inside a stable
two-wheel trailer in the first place?

Guy
--

On our first outing with both kids in the trailer (sans helmets), they
bonked their heads together on the first piece of "rough" terrain.

Even with just one child, I can imagine a head bonking a roll-bar if we
were to have a rollover. The probabilities of it happening are low, but
a little extra protection can't hurt. Even with the helmets, the kids
still love to ride in the trailer. My daughter is usually chanting,
"Faster, Daddy, Faster!" And you thought only the extra weight made for
a better workout....

-Buck

Old December 21st 04, 03:26 PM
Claire Petersky

Your messages are all as attachments, and can't be read under OE. As a
result, you appear to be posting blank messages. I tried to contact you
privately, but the mail bounced.

Someone else, on a different newsgroup, when alerted to this problem, let us
all know that he felt like it was our tough luck for using a lousy Microsoft
product. I hope your attitude is not the same. After all, the point of
usenet is communication. OE is a widely-used product, even if you don't like
it, or think we should all be using some other newsreader. If you post
things that a large number of people can't read, then it's not just us who
are losing out.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old December 21st 04, 03:46 PM
Bill Sornson

Claire Petersky wrote:
Your messages are all as attachments, and can't be read under OE. As a
result, you appear to be posting blank messages. I tried to contact
you privately, but the mail bounced.

Someone else, on a different newsgroup, when alerted to this problem,
let us all know that he felt like it was our tough luck for using a
lousy Microsoft product. I hope your attitude is not the same. After
all, the point of usenet is communication. OE is a widely-used
product, even if you don't like it, or think we should all be using
some other newsreader. If you post things that a large number of
people can't read, then it's not just us who are losing out.

I had assumed he has a virus or worm, as this seemed to start rather
suddenly.

Bill "can you even INJECT penicillin in a mouse?" S.

Old December 21st 04, 05:17 PM
David Damerell

quoting Bill Sornson :
Claire Petersky wrote:
Your messages are all as attachments, and can't be read under OE.

No, they're not. OE wrongly supposes that they are attachments.

As a
result, you appear to be posting blank messages. I tried to contact
you privately, but the mail bounced.

It's only been deferred with a 4xx response here. Unfortunate that that is
not reported correctly back to you; but it should arrive in due course.

Someone else, on a different newsgroup, when alerted to this problem,
let us all know that he felt like it was our tough luck for using a
lousy Microsoft product. I hope your attitude is not the same.

The vast majority of OE users post mangled articles and don't care about
changing that. Recently this ****ed me off enough that I am returning the
compliment; the difference being that my articles are correctly formed but
their crappy newsreader can't deal with it.

It's unfortunate for the small minority who do make the effort, but they
_are_ a small minority.

I had assumed he has a virus or worm, as this seemed to start rather
suddenly.

Don't be absurd. I don't use Windows for anything except games. It started
suddenly because I decided to do it.
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!
Old December 21st 04, 05:37 PM
The Caretaker ...

Claire Petersky composed the following ...
Your messages are all as attachments, and can't be read under OE. As a
result, you appear to be posting blank messages. I tried to contact you
privately, but the mail bounced.

Someone else, on a different newsgroup, when alerted to this problem, let
us all know that he felt like it was our tough luck for using a lousy
Microsoft product. I hope your attitude is not the same. After all, the
point of usenet is communication. OE is a widely-used product, even if
you don't like it, or think we should all be using some other newsreader.
If you post things that a large number of people can't read, then it's
not just us who are losing out.

He's just exploiting a difference in the way OE reads articles, in a sort of
"I'm better than you 'cos I don't use OE" way.

If one starts a message with the word begin and two spaces, OE 'sees' it as
an attachment. Many people do this on Usenet to 'pretend' that they have a
virus, again in a holier than thou attitude that makes them look really
cool, hip and trendy in a stupid sort of way.

--
The Caretaker.

Old December 21st 04, 07:20 PM
Bill Sornson

David Damerell wrote:
quoting Bill Sornson :

I had assumed he has a virus or worm, as this seemed to start rather
suddenly.

Don't be absurd. I don't use Windows for anything except games. It
started suddenly because I decided to do it.

Well pardon me, Mister Rude. You obviously DO have a bug -- just up your
ass instead of in your computer.

Keep posting that way. No great loss.
--
"Sorry the world just does not work by your white penis ass."
-- Pungent Cloud

Old December 21st 04, 07:21 PM
Bill Sornson

The Caretaker ... wrote:
[...]

He succeeded.
--
BS (no, really)

Old December 21st 04, 07:26 PM
Tim McNamara

"Claire Petersky" writes:

Your messages are all as attachments, and can't be read under OE. As
a result, you appear to be posting blank messages. I tried to
contact you privately, but the mail bounced.

Someone else, on a different newsgroup, when alerted to this
problem, let us all know that he felt like it was our tough luck for
using a lousy Microsoft product. I hope your attitude is not the
same. After all, the point of usenet is communication. OE is a
widely-used product, even if you don't like it, or think we should
all be using some other newsreader. If you post things that a large
number of people can't read, then it's not just us who are losing
out.

David's messages work just fine here under Emacs/Gnus and under
MT-NewsWatcher- so do yours, for that matter. The problem isn't his
messages, I suspect, but something about OE. Since, as you note, OE
is a commonly used application and we have not had any complaints like
yours previously in this newsgroup, I can only suppose that the
problem lies with your particular installation of OE. Perhaps there
is some useful setting in OE that can be changed to make your
newsreading experience easier? I've never used OE so I have no
specific idea what setting might be changed, unfortunately (actually,
I've never used Windows for more than a few minutes).
Old December 21st 04, 07:29 PM
Tim McNamara

David Damerell writes:

quoting Bill Sornson :
Claire Petersky wrote:
Your messages are all as attachments, and can't be read under OE.

No, they're not. OE wrongly supposes that they are attachments.

snip

The vast majority of OE users post mangled articles and don't care
about changing that. Recently this ****ed me off enough that I am
returning the compliment; the difference being that my articles are
correctly formed but their crappy newsreader can't deal with it.

It's unfortunate for the small minority who do make the effort, but
they _are_ a small minority.

I had assumed he has a virus or worm, as this seemed to start rather
suddenly.

Don't be absurd. I don't use Windows for anything except games. It
started suddenly because I decided to do it.

Well, then, Claire, I stand corrected! David, I am curious about what
it is that you did, since it is transparent to my newsreaders.
Old December 21st 04, 08:09 PM
Maggie

Tim Writes......
Since, as you note, OE is a commonly used application and we have not
had any complaints likeours previously in this newsgroup, I can only
suppose that the problem lies with your particular installation of OE.
Perhaps there is some useful setting in OE that can be changed to make
your newsreading experience easier?

As Maggie says.....HUH?????

An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Doggy Trailer Danny Colyer UK 4 August 21st 03 08:57 PM