"Pavement cyclist is first to be fined"

Old January 18th 05, 09:19 PM
Badger

Pete Bentley wrote:

Either that, or a more even-handed approach to fining people... They
could start with all the drivers who ignore advance stop lines (and
stop lines).

Careful, cyclists ignore stop lines too!
ISTR that a driver who cannot stop before the advance stop line, but can
before the final stop line when the lights change must stop before the
final stop line, right in the box perhaps, but quite legal. However if
they can stop before the advance line they must and not crawl into the box.
Old January 18th 05, 09:31 PM
Badger

Tim Hall wrote:
If not impossible, often very hard to get past with scratching the
paint. Apparently.

Door mirrors also tend to be poorly attached too!
Old January 19th 05, 09:09 AM
Simon Brooke

in message , Badger
') wrote:

Pete Bentley wrote:

Either that, or a more even-handed approach to fining people... They
could start with all the drivers who ignore advance stop lines (and
stop lines).

Careful, cyclists ignore stop lines too!

Then they should be fined too. No?

;; not so much a refugee from reality, more a bogus
;; asylum seeker

Old January 19th 05, 11:30 AM
Michael MacClancy

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:10:31 +0000, Tilly wrote:

However, the traumatic effect on others of pavement cycling is
insignificant compared with stabbings, shootings and rapes.

But when I lived in Kensington & Chelsea I was never stabbed, shot or raped
and never met anyone who had been. Couldn't count the huge number of times
I've had to avoid pavement cyclists though. There are streets there with
large numbers of pedestrians on the pavements. Cyclists don't belong on
them as well.
--
Michael MacClancy
Old January 19th 05, 11:42 AM
LSMike

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Badger
') wrote:
Careful, cyclists ignore stop lines too!

Then they should be fined too. No?

Totally agree.

Old January 19th 05, 12:41 PM
Simon Mason

"Graeme" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Simon Mason" wrote in news:Yh-dnS2zdq-
:

Seeing as you get fined 80 quid for peeing on the pavement he got away
lightly.

You learn something new every day on URC. However, it does beg the
question
Simon, how do you know?

I couldn't possibly comment!
--
Simon M.

Old January 19th 05, 05:51 PM
Michael MacClancy

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:25:20 +0000, Tilly wrote:

Were you traumatised by all these pavement cyclists?

No, I've only been unnecessarily and illegally inconvenienced by them. But
I guess some people do get traumatised, particularly those who are injured
in crashes with them.

I've lived in London most of my life. I have three brothers. Of the
four of us, three have been victims of violent assault by a stranger,
GBH in two cases, and the stabbing ABH.

You seem to have had a run of bad luck. Personally I'd rate my chances of
having an accident with a pavement cyclist higher than being the victim of
a violent assault.

None of us have been adversely affected by cyclists.

I hope it stays that way.

--
Michael MacClancy
Old January 19th 05, 06:18 PM
Tony Raven

Michael MacClancy wrote:

Personally I'd rate my chances of
having an accident with a pavement cyclist higher than being the victim of
a violent assault.

Given the numbers killed and seriously injured by pavement cyclists and
the numbers killed or seriously injured by violent assault I suspect the
opposite is in fact the case.

Tony
Old January 24th 05, 01:59 AM
Graeme

"Simon Mason" wrote in
:

I couldn't possibly comment!

Then we shall think the worst!

Graeme

Diary of a Mountain Biker in Twickenham Maximus2 UK 0 October 11th 04 09:31 PM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
Pavement cyclist falls off. Peter B UK 3 November 24th 03 05:10 PM
Driver fined for killing cyclist. Dave Larrington UK 65 August 30th 03 12:21 AM