Isle of Wight - accomodation?

Old February 22nd 05, 08:25 AM
John Hearns

Default Isle of Wight - accomodation?

I am organising a group of cyclists from London to
go to the Isle of Wight on the May Bank Holiday weekend,
and to do the Isle of Wight Randonee.
Maybe about a dozen people in total.

I'm looking for suggestions for accomodation.
Ideal place would be somewhere where we could do self-catering,
something like holiday cabins, a barn conversion, or even
nicer an outdoors centre.
Youth hostel would be good, but I doubt we would get a booking.

Ideas, recommendations for good places please!

(I think I asked the same thing last year...)
Old February 22nd 05, 08:11 PM
Not Responding

John Hearns wrote:
I am organising a group of cyclists from London to
go to the Isle of Wight on the May Bank Holiday weekend,
and to do the Isle of Wight Randonee.
Maybe about a dozen people in total.

I'm looking for suggestions for accomodation.
Ideal place would be somewhere where we could do self-catering,
something like holiday cabins, a barn conversion, or even
nicer an outdoors centre.
Youth hostel would be good, but I doubt we would get a booking.

Ideas, recommendations for good places please!

(I think I asked the same thing last year...)

What did we say last year, then?
Old February 22nd 05, 09:47 PM
MartinM

"Not Responding" wrote in message
. co.uk...
John Hearns wrote:
I am organising a group of cyclists from London to
go to the Isle of Wight on the May Bank Holiday weekend,
and to do the Isle of Wight Randonee.
Maybe about a dozen people in total.

I'm looking for suggestions for accomodation.
Ideal place would be somewhere where we could do self-catering,
something like holiday cabins, a barn conversion, or even
nicer an outdoors centre.
Youth hostel would be good, but I doubt we would get a booking.

Ideas, recommendations for good places please!

(I think I asked the same thing last year...)

What did we say last year, then?

obviously not much.
BTW that weekend clashes with a motorbike rally or something but they all
seem to be staying in one large field of tents bars and spit roast cyclists
;-)
About 6 motorbike police went over on the same ferry as me presumably for a
bit of easy picking speed ticketing.
Last time I tried to camp there all the campsites were families only so we
pitched on the old railway line.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:58 AM
JohnB

John Hearns wrote:

I am organising a group of cyclists from London to
go to the Isle of Wight on the May Bank Holiday weekend,
and to do the Isle of Wight Randonee.
Maybe about a dozen people in total.

I'm looking for suggestions for accomodation.
Ideal place would be somewhere where we could do self-catering,
something like holiday cabins, a barn conversion, or even
nicer an outdoors centre.
Youth hostel would be good, but I doubt we would get a booking.

Ideas, recommendations for good places please!

Both Totland and Sandown are good yhas.
We stayed in Sandown last year and booking was easy, just a fortnight
before the event.
You can then start the ride at the Alverstoke control.
There's also a reasonable pub just down the road.

You could try any of the squillions of chalet/holiday parks that
sometimes rent out for short periods or have a look at:
http://www.stilwell.co.uk/scm.asp?Q=hc|C4|R3

This year it is likely I'll camp as there is several of us going over -
probably at Northwood near Cowes where the site is simply a big field.
Its right on the Round the Island route.

And of course there's an even better pub nearby - the Travellers Joy - 8
real ales :-)

John B
Old February 23rd 05, 06:03 PM
archierob

Is the word akomadashun the most wrongly spelt word of all time?

accommodation

acomodation

acommodation

If only I knew how to spell accommodation!

Old February 23rd 05, 06:07 PM
Tony Raven

archierob wrote:
Is the word akomadashun the most wrongly spelt word of all time?

accommodation

acomodation

acommodation

If only I knew how to spell accommodation!

Its all right, we can accommodate lots of different spellings on URC

Tony
Old February 23rd 05, 06:48 PM
MartinM

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
archierob wrote:
Is the word akomadashun the most wrongly spelt word of all time?

accommodation

acomodation

acommodation

If only I knew how to spell accommodation!

Its all right, we can accommodate lots of different spellings on URC

Tony

He says tactfully avoiding pointing out which one is correct!

Old February 23rd 05, 06:55 PM
Tony Raven

MartinM wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

archierob wrote:

Is the word akomadashun the most wrongly spelt word of all time?

accommodation

acomodation

acommodation

If only I knew how to spell accommodation!

Its all right, we can accommodate lots of different spellings on URC

Tony

He says tactfully avoiding pointing out which one is correct!

If I were to point out which ones were incorrect I would be negating my
own statement ;-)

Tony
Old February 23rd 05, 11:50 PM
archierob

Surry 1 off my playfool modes its off curse akomadashun!

Old February 24th 05, 10:14 AM
MartinM

Tony Raven wrote:
MartinM wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

archierob wrote:

Is the word akomadashun the most wrongly spelt word of all time?

accommodation

acomodation

acommodation

If only I knew how to spell accommodation!

Its all right, we can accommodate lots of different spellings on

URC

Tony

He says tactfully avoiding pointing out which one is correct!

If I were to point out which ones were incorrect I would be negating

my
own statement ;-)

Ones?
how do you know it is not just One that is incorrect?

isle of wight randonnee ok UK 10 February 1st 05 10:21 AM
Isle Of Wight... Tumbleweed UK 16 July 17th 04 08:29 AM
Isle Of WIght in Sept? Tumbleweed UK 2 July 16th 04 10:18 AM
Cycling Isle of Wight Jan UK 4 July 3rd 04 11:39 AM
Isle of Wight Railways and Bicycles Jack Taylor UK 13 July 23rd 03 08:22 PM