yet another pedestrian killed by a cyclist

Old October 7th 10, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default yet another pedestrian killed by a cyclist

Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a sixpence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Old October 7th 10, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Oct 7, 8:11*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a sixpence..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

People get killed crossing the road all the time, sadly it's far too
common.
--
Simon Mason
Old October 7th 10, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:11:23 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a sixpence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Interestingly enough Simon Mason has been bragging about how he rides
at 25 MPH in a 20MPH limit.

I have asked him what his stopping distance is at that speed.

He has failed to answer.

I have asked him if he thinks it may be dangerous for other road
users.

He has failed to answer.

Some cyclists are really quite arrogant aren't they?

--

Per billion passenger kilometres

Car KSI 18
Cycle KSI 541
Pedestrian 358

(KSI : Killed or Seriously Injured)
Dft 2008 FIgures

Who says cycling is safer than walking?
Old October 8th 10, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On Oct 7, 8:11*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a sixpence..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Can't have happened, cyclists never hit a vulnerable victim.
Old October 8th 10, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

webreader wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:11 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a
sixpence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Can't have happened, cyclists never hit a vulnerable victim.

Don't be so stupid, it happens once every few years, Sometimes more often.

****

Old October 8th 10, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 08/10/2010 21:03, mileburner wrote:
webreader wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:11 pm, wrote:
Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a
sixpence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Can't have happened, cyclists never hit a vulnerable victim.

Don't be so stupid, it happens once every few years, Sometimes more often.

****

Have you changed your sig?

--
Tony Dragon
Old October 8th 10, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

webreader wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:11 pm, wrote:
Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a
sixpence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Can't have happened, cyclists never hit a vulnerable victim.

Don't be so stupid, it happens once every few years, Sometimes more
often. ****

Have you changed your sig?

I don't usually use them. The can be rather pretentious don't you think?

Cue Medway...

Old October 8th 10, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Looks like he has finally accepted he is a ****.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old October 8th 10, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

webreader wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:11 pm, wrote:
Remind me again how cyclists never hurt anyone and can stop on a
sixpence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11496679

Can't have happened, cyclists never hit a vulnerable victim.

Don't be so stupid, it happens once every few years, Sometimes more
often. ****

Have you changed your sig?

I don't usually use them. The can be rather pretentious don't you
think?
Cue Medway...

"pretentious"? Big word for you? Who told you about it?

BTW. Did you mean the sig that shows cyclists what pathetic ******s they
are;

"Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard,
is a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport".

--
Dave - the small piece of 14th century armour used to protect the armpit.