Red light-jumping cyclist assaults pregnant woman

Old September 8th 12, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
John Benn

Default Red light-jumping cyclist assaults pregnant woman

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/new...gnant _woman/

Police are hunting a cyclist who assaulted a pregnant woman and her partner
in Thornton Heath. The incident happened on London Road, close to Thornton
Heath Ponds roundabout, at about 9.15pm on July 1.

The couple who are in their 20s, were crossing the road at a pedestrian
crossing near to Barclays Bank, when a cyclist is said to have cycled
through the red light. The woman shouted at the cyclist who allegedly
stopped, turned around and assaulted both victims. The woman said she was
pregnant, but the suspect continued to assault her and her partner. He is
then believed to have got back on his bike and cycled off towards Norbury.

The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s, approximately 6ft 2in
tall with short blond hair. PC Barry Standen from Croydon CID said: "I am
appealing for anyone who might have seen this incident or who may know who
this cyclist is to contact us and help us to progress our investigation.
"The suspect has assaulted a pregnant woman and her partner. Fortunately
there seems to have been no injury to the unborn baby, but we're determined
to find the person responsible for this assault. "Through our enquires so
far, we've not been able to identify the suspect, but by releasing this
image we're hoping someone might recognise him or it might jog somebody's
memory."