Damn!

Old March 19th 04, 02:21 AM
Sofa

Default Damn!

Why does everything happen to me?

I was able to get up on a BC wheel long enough to say to myself

HeyIThinkIGotItThisTimeOhYeahHeyThisIsFunIThinkThe ClubNeedsOneOFTheseAfterOurNextPayingGi

Sigh.

Talk to you soon Darren

edit: The worst part was that I had on shorts and no armour...but after
I discovered how much my legs were rubbed and burning...I discovered
that I was getting better with each try.

Can anyone relate to pain loosing over potential success?

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I don't apologize' - paco

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx) *83* reviews on
*55* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old March 19th 04, 11:59 AM
U-Turn

This notion leads to all sorts of possibilities.... Hmmm. If you want
to lighten your touch on the pedals go barefoot with spikies... If you
want to transition from gliding to coasting go barefoot....
Interesting innovation, Sofa!

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old March 19th 04, 12:40 PM
andrew_carter

When I first got my BC wheel I had shorts and no leg armour. It's a 24"
wheel and has little round pegs instead of platforms so it's harder to
separate your feet and legs. That afternoon I rode the BC wheel so much
(using my legs as a brake as you do when you're beginning) that my legs,
in these two little strips, went from normal, to hairless, to black, to
red, and then finally to very sore and sticky from some strange clear
goo that's between the layers of skin.

I've never learnt to confidently jump mount my BC wheel though. I
really need to work on it. I tried a couple of days ago and realised
how terrible I am at it.

*Edit* - Several months later you could still see the marks left on my
legs from my first day of BC-ing.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 16/03 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

Old March 19th 04, 01:51 PM
Sofa

You're a lot more dedicated than me A_C, I quit at a 20:80 black:red
mix.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I don't apologize' - paco

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx) *87* reviews on
*59* products