Stoopid competition question of the week

Old January 27th 05, 12:02 PM
Tony Raven

Default Stoopid competition question of the week

http://www.five.tv/accessibility/programmes/gadgetshow/

Black boxes are most famous for being used on which form of transport? Is it

a. Aeroplanes
b. Trams
c. Bicycles

Derrrr.....!

Tony

Old January 27th 05, 04:23 PM
Getronics Wang

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
http://www.five.tv/accessibility/programmes/gadgetshow/

Black boxes are most famous for being used on which form of transport? Is

it

a. Aeroplanes
b. Trams
c. Bicycles

Derrrr.....!

There's a black box mounted on a bike in the latest edition of _cycle_. I
think it's a light.

KC

Old January 27th 05, 07:18 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Getronics Wang wrote:

There's a black box mounted on a bike in the latest edition of _cycle_. I
think it's a light.

And it's truly hideous.
Old January 27th 05, 09:27 PM
soup

Tony Raven popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
said
http://www.five.tv/accessibility/programmes/gadgetshow/

Black boxes are most famous for being used on which form of
transport? Is it

a. Aeroplanes
b. Trams
c. Bicycles

Second most stupid question is, what colour are black boxes? eg
No it's not black.

--
yours S

Old January 27th 05, 09:55 PM
Peter B

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote in message
Getronics Wang wrote:

There's a black box mounted on a bike in the latest edition of _cycle_.

think it's a light.

And it's truly hideous.

It's not just me who thinks so then.
It looks like a standard die-cast box available from the likes of RS and
Farnell with a few basic mods. The kind of thing I'd make in my garage and
only take it out when it's dark. Doh, it_is_a_light! ;-)

Pete

Old January 28th 05, 02:53 PM
Chris Jones

Getronics Wang wrote:
There's a black box mounted on a bike in the latest edition of _cycle_.
I think it's a light.

And it's truly hideous.

It's not just me who thinks so then.

Tsk! It's a product designed to work well, not be photogenic ;-) Form
has followed function. But then, I'm biased.

Chris
Old January 28th 05, 03:20 PM
Chris Jones

David Martin wrote:
You can't see it when you use it anyway because it is dark. And you wouldn't
want the extra weight when it isn't dark so you wouldn't see it then either.
What's the problem with what it looks like?

Hear hear. It's an interesting bit of design psychology. Show someone a
photo of one and they say, "Ugh, square box". Give them one to hold and
use and they say, "Ooh, feels rugged and expensive, can I buy one
please?". Tricky dilemma.

Chris
Old January 28th 05, 05:38 PM
Chris Jones

Alan Braggins wrote:
Chris, how is the dynamo version development going? (My current plan is to
use the lights I currently have for cycling home from the station this spring,
summer, and have a dynamo hub for next autumn. Ed's supposed to be looking into
the possibility of an IR76 scheme covering lights etc. for work.)

Dynamo version electronics are well sorted. I just need to get the
metalwork made up, so it'll be Real Soon Now!

Chris