Self driving accident

Old March 22nd 18, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Self driving accident

The video clearly shows the lady behind the wheel with her eyes closed.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/...-orig.cnnmoney
Old March 22nd 18, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 22/03/2018 1:14 PM, Andy wrote:
The video clearly shows the lady behind the wheel with her eyes closed.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/...-orig.cnnmoney

Yeah, but she wasn't driving...
Old March 23rd 18, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

But will the jury believe that. ?
Old March 23rd 18, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/23/2018 7:14 AM, Andy wrote:
But will the jury believe that. ?

A jury of its peers being six each of Alexa and Siri?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 23rd 18, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 23/03/2018 11:24 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/23/2018 7:14 AM, Andy wrote:
But will the jury believe that. ?

A jury of its peers being six each of Alexa and Siri?

Brings up a good question though. With a self driving car, will the
passengers be liable in cases like this? Maybe just the passenger that
was in the "driver's" seat?

We have enough problems with distracted drivers. I am not looking
forward to having to worry about whether the driver has been hacked by
the russians or is rebooting for maintenance...
Old March 23rd 18, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/23/2018 7:14 AM, Andy wrote:
But will the jury believe that. ?

A jury of its peers being six each of Alexa and Siri?

Brings up a good question though. With a self driving car,
will the passengers be liable in cases like this? Maybe
just the passenger that was in the "driver's" seat?

We have enough problems with distracted drivers. I am not
looking forward to having to worry about whether the driver
has been hacked by the russians or is rebooting for
maintenance...

I know enough to know that I don't know.

It can be complex, blending civil and criminal liability
among drivers, vehicle owners, employers/employees, agents
and so on.:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...you-29731.html

Old March 30th 18, 09:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 3/23/2018 7:14 AM, Andy wrote:
But will the jury believe that. ?

A jury of its peers being six each of Alexa and Siri?

Brings up a good question though. With a self driving car, will the
passengers be liable in cases like this? Maybe just the passenger that
was in the "driver's" seat?

We have enough problems with distracted drivers. I am not looking
forward to having to worry about whether the driver has been hacked by
the russians or is rebooting for maintenance...

I believe that in the U.S. the practice is to sue the guy with the big
bucks. So unless it is someone like Bill Gates driving you will
probably go for the vehicle manufacturer or the city that provides the
roadway :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.